A.X.I.S.

[CP 1.1] Iron Tager Gameplay Discussion

I'm guessing 6B is the intended follow-up to air 6A, though sledge and 3C are both potential options too. Curious to see if magnetized AC float combos are still a thing or not.

Also, if 6C was sped up, it's not very noticeable. Still way too slow to be a reliable overhead.

You sure? That 6C looks pretty quick to me. It might be misleading when it comes right after the new 6B, but honestly I think this new 6C looks as fast as current 6B.

Honestly with a dedicated grappler I'm not sure how much I care about losing a short-ranged overhead. We've got a low/throw mixup already. That's not exactly one of his weak points.

I'm guessing 6B is the intended follow-up to air 6A, though sledge and 3C are both potential options too. Curious to see if magnetized AC float combos are still a thing or not.

Also, if 6C was sped up, it's not very noticeable. Still way too slow to be a reliable overhead.

You were the first one that said it looked faster in the other thread. i only thought about it because you said it first

Yeah, it did look faster on first impression, but I re-watched the video and it didn't look as fast as I thought. I think the rearing back animation takes less time though.

I think a big problem with it is how telegraphed it is. That bit where he does rear back and then slams forward is unique to that one move. It's the same thing as Bullet's 6A. If the very first frames of a move are that unique, it's easier to react to. 6C is a perfect example of that.

Are 6B's startup frames really similar to anything else?

Also the startup to 6C is similar to the startup of MTW, lol

Anyway overheads are supposed to be at least somewhat reactable, so I don't really see the issue here.

According to CP1 frame data 6C is 28 frame startup and 6B is 24 frame startup. It definitely looks like they reduced 6C startup to to be at least the same as current 6B at 24 frames. If so then it seems tager has gotten all buffs and no nerfs in this location test so far, but cant really say for sure unless we get to see video of the new AC in action.

New AC sounds great if it grants untechable knockdown right at our feet. most of you hated the CP1 AC anyway

Ofcousre 2D wont work after AC if AC dont bounce. AC>2D wasnt very good to begin with.

6A changes are great as long as super armor also starts up much sooner too hopefully. I hope they fix and increase all magnetism and not just Air 6A mag.

I personally loved the CP1 Atomic Collider better only because the wiff/Gadget Finger oki-mixup game was real great. :[

6A ground pull is the same.

Losing 6B as an overhead is just retarded.

It's really is. It even LOOKS like a natural overhead, that's my main argument.

You sure? That 6C looks pretty quick to me.

I don't think it's faster. Looks about the same.

I personally loved the CP1 Atomic Collider better only because the wiff/Gadget Finger oki-mixup game was real great. :[

Haha how times have changed lol

The only thing that really bothers me is how horrible his Atomic Collider is. I really hope it's only for loketest and they don't keep it like that.

According to CP1 frame data 6C is 28 frame startup and 6B is 24 frame startup. It definitely looks like they reduced 6C startup to to be at least the same as current 6B at 24 frames. If so then it seems tager has gotten all buffs and no nerfs in this location test so far, but cant really say for sure unless we get to see video of the new AC in action.

One could argue that 6C is easier to react to than 6B even when they have the same start-up, as 6C's animation is very expressive.

more tager info posted from this twitter https://twitter.com/schna5

just found huge list of tager changes on post 888 and 889

http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1400050058/l50

Twitterだと文字制限ありすぎてどうしようもないからこっちに書くな。
携帯からだで変な改行は気にすんなよ

ロケテ 雑なまとめ 大きな変更点 通常技

6A……地上喰らい変わらず。空中喰らいはこちらへ引き寄せる形でスライドダウン。Aスレ、6B、2C、ガジェが繋がる

5B……受け身不能時間減少?空中喰らい5B>6A、5B>JC繋がらず

6B……上段に。3Cより発生少し遅い?強制屈喰らい削除。空中喰らい時強制ダウン。空中喰らい時はそこからAスレ、ガジェ、ホイール(テイガー姫限定?2C)が繋がる

2C……吹き飛ばし大きく。Aスレ繋がらない。6A>2C>空ガジェで裏回るのでテイガー側へ飛ばしてる?繋がるのがコレダー、ホイール、斜めスパークくらい。

6C……斜めにおおきく吹き飛ばす。どこからも繋がらない?産廃候補

5D……ガード時相手がノックバック。カウンター時どの位置でも5C拾い安定。OD時ガードポイント追加ただしヒット時の軌道が通常版と変わらず

4D……引き寄せ強化?空中喰らい時跳ね返ってもとの位置へ戻る。壁バン削除。現状端〆候補

JB……カウンター時J2Cfcと同じ軌道。受け身不能時間減少?JB>JD繋がらず

JC……受け身不能時間減少。エリアルループ繋がらず。JC>JD繋がらず

JD……硬直増加(JDスカJ2C出来ない)壁バン削除。現状繋がる技がないので立ち回り専用

投げ……硬直増加。投げスカGETB産廃化決定

Aスレ……空中喰らい時横に吹っ飛び大きく?3C>Aスレ>5A繋がらず。壁バン追加。端3C>Aスレ>5Cの新ルート

Bスレ……空中喰らい時高く浮くように。つまり端5D>Bスレ〆の削除。変わりに安定してBスレ>5C>6Aが安定ルートに

スレ追加……強制ダウン。カウンターしても追撃難しい(無理?)ガードポイント追加。主にチャーハン用?

Bドラ……投げっぱなし筋肉バスター。画面端なら追撃容易。現状端最大火力。磁力あれば中央5D追撃可。スパークあれば楽に拾える

コレダー……糞技筆頭。中央ガジェのみ繋がる。画面端微歩き6Bor3Cで追撃可

チャージ……チャーキャンジェネやり易くなった?(体感)

ホイール……最終段叩きつけ後相手が一瞬で起き上がる。ガジェ不可

テラブレイク……壁バン追加。意味あんの?

ガーキャンOD……テイガー一族最強の盾であり矛。相手の2B系統にODしてジェネ確?変わりにこちらの3CにODされると泣きたくなる

Edited by TagerTime

Overheads are discount mixup anyway. If you have enough time to do 6B, you should be doing 360B instead.

So I'm useless outside of translating katakana, but...

Something about 3C > A sledge > 5C? Likewise, something about B sledge > 5C > 6A. Maybe sledge really picks people off the ground now?

I see "6Bor3C" getting mentioned on the line for atomic collider. Possible legit links?

Great many thanks to AgentZero for the translation

6A = when opponent is hit in air, drags opponent to feet. Connect with A Sledge, 6B, 2C, gadget. Ground hit remains the same

5B = Untechable time decreased? Aerial hit 5B>6A, 5B>JC doesn’t connect

6B = No longer overhead. Slower than 3C? Hit stun removed? Aerial hit forces down, will connect with A Sledge, Gadget, Wheel, 2C (Only Tager and Rachel?).

2C = launches opponent bigger, won’t connect with A Sledge. 6A>2C>Gadget will cause enemy to be behind Tager so 2C is launching opponent towards you? Will connect with Collider, Wheel, and upward Spark

6C = launches opponent upward diagonally away from you. Nothing connects? Garbage

5D = Causes knock back to guarding enemies. Counter hit 5D connects safely with 5C. OD 5D gives move guard point, but doesn’t change launching route.

4D = Magnetic pull increase? Air hit causes enemy to bounce back, Wall Slam eliminated, best finisher to wall combos.

JB = Counter Hit equal to J2C launching route. Untechable time decreased? JB>JD won’t connect.

JC = Untechable time decreased. Aerial loop won’t connect, JC>JD won’t connect

JD = Increase in hit confirm (Wiff JD>J2C now impossible). Eliminated Wall Splat. No moves seem to connect at this moment, so mainly for neutral game?

Throw = Inrease in hit confirm, cannot wiff grab then GETB.

A Sledge = Aerial hit causes enemy to launch sideways? 3C>A Sledge>5A doesn’t’ connect. Wall Splat applied, new wall combo 3C>A Sledge>5C

B Sledge = Aerial hit causes opponent to float high. Wall combo 5D>B Sledge finish eliminated. In exchange, B Sledge>5C>6A becomes new combo route.

After Sledge >236A (the hammer part) = forces down, even when counter hit. Unable to pursuit with a combo? Guard Point applied.

B Driver = Super fire power. If near wall, able to pursuit with attack. In middle of stage, able to connect with 5D and Spark Bolt.

Collider = Only gadget will connect with it in the middle of stage.

214C = Charge cancel GETB easier to pull off?

Magnetic Wheel = after final hit, opponent can tech real quick, unable to connect with Gadget.

Terra Break = Wall Splat applied, does it need it?

Guard Cancel OD = Tager’s ultimate dual-edged blade. Opponents 2B based attacks easy picking for Tager’s Guard Cancel OD, but when the opponent OD cancel from Tager’s 3C, it makes you want to cry.

edit:

If the new info is correct then voltec hammer counter and voltec cancel 720 have finally gone from crap to Amazing. Its about time. Hopefully we will be able to use these to beat opponents GCOD reversal attempts as well.

if the purpose of the MTW>TB changes is to allow us to do good strong combos after MTW>TB then that is wonderfull too. i always wanted this since cs1

i've used tager since ct, so even if they nerf him to shit it won't get to what it was in those days, most of the bad matchups he has are design flaws like eddie vs pot was in gg

Yeah, and we always managed somehow with what we had, at least hazama seems more manageable now (kind of?), I'll just wait until the console version myself, and I assume that would be at least 9 month seing as xrd is being released on december, and the persona arcade update is due this month or the next I think?

You're all crazy, these changes sound insanely good. GCOD is basically 5600 free damage a round and probably makes us jump up 1-2 tiers by itself. Sorry that our BnBs got slightly worse, but superior oki off midscreen AC and voltic charge canceling being a somewhat real option is mad good.

6A change sounds godlike on paper. Some characters when magnetized could stay in the air because their j.A/j.B/j.C hitbox beat AC's surprisingly small hitbox, but now they're forced to stay grounded. Will have to use it in a real match, but when canceled into 4D, sounds like a way to get an opponent from the air into a frametrap or tickthrow situation.

I don't really care about 6B changes. That overhead is super bad, the only reason it hit is when your opponent was panicking. Offline play it's by far the worst go-to overhead in the game. I'd rather take the faster startup to incorporate it into my frametrap game.

He's going to be a much better character if this loketest 1 sticks.

Which it won't. But I like where they're going.

I like most of these changes. Losing overhead on 6B couldn't bother me less I honestly can't remember the last time I used that move outside of combos. The combo nerfs themselves seem standard issue with this massive nerf-based patch. Most everyone's getting dinged by it in some way or another.

GCOD sounds insanely broken I can't imagine it'll stay.

Either way super armor 5D sounds ridiculous and I can't wait to basically own neutral game by pressing the overdrive button.

Also remember that in a game where everyone's combo tools are nerfed, Tager becomes instantly better since they're not nerfing his command grabs (and even buffing 360B).