A.X.I.S.

[CP 1.1] Iron Tager Gameplay Discussion

Tiku took 5th. He beat Tochigin

All that matters is that Tager Destroyed America. He showed USA the True Power of Science. Backdash and 5A nerf didnt hold him back. Ofcourse it would have to be the best japanee Nu player there to finally take him down, same garbage matchup since CT.

I think he more showed that Tager has a decent matchup against Kokonoe and it's most likely that the better player will win (which was Tiku, who is incredible). It shows that someone of equalish skill took him down with a horrible matchup. Tiku also made a claim that American players don't use Fuzzy Jumps, so his Tager didn't have to do nearly as much work to open people up on offense which helped a lot.

Not discrediting him, but Japan is absolutely better than America at BBCP. Especially against Tager. We don't really have any great Tagers here that travel and practice.

Japan is absolutely better than America at BBCP.

Thats a given and an understatement.

We don't really have any great Tagers here that travel and practice.

Yeah Mike Z needs to give up this "Skullgirls" nonsense and come back to being the American King of Tager, or at least go work for ArcSystem Works and replace Pachi.  (On a side note: Skullgirls really hurt its chances of success by using such an unpopular art design. Myself and everyone else i know really wanted to like that game)

Ok so its all but confirmed that CP2 (Extend) is coming out. Tager has been upgraded significantly for the past 2 games from CS2->EX and EX->CP. Assuming they were saving all the major Tager buffs for CP2 which has been the case for every major revision released so far, what new moves do you think they will give Tager this time? Because he is still one of the only characters that needs many buffs as always, do you think they will they give him an upgrade as significant as CS2->EX or EX->CP?

Waring: If you say he is going to be nerfed again and make him worse i will come to your house and Genesic Emerald Tager Buster you and your entire family! :)

Yeah Mike Z needs to give up this "Skullgirls" nonsense and come back to being the American King of Tager, or at least go work for ArcSystem Works and replace Pachi. (On a side note: Skullgirls really hurt its chances of success by using such an unpopular art design. Myself and everyone else i know really wanted to like that game)

The skullgirls thing is personal opinion. The art design in that game is great

Tiku also made a claim that American players don't use Fuzzy Jumps, so his Tager didn't have to do nearly as much work to open people up on offense which helped a lot.

I had to google this.

Got this DL article: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/page/index.html/_/home/gg-option-selects-fuzzy-jump-and-fuzzy-throw-r18

Is this even a thing in BB? I have no idea what I'm reading. SEND HELP

Yeah, input 1A+B > 4A+B > 7 > 1A+B with specific timing. Timing varies if you're getting pressured or if you're on wakeup. Beats lows and jumps. I've been incorporating it into my offline play and it helps a lot. (Online it's basically pointless). Americans don't do it, so Tiku had to change his normal "5B tickthrow grab" into "5A tickthrow grab" to compensate for America, since 5A and command grab are option selected by top Japanese players with fuzzy jumps. It works on every member of the cast against every member of the cast. Super useful, though admitting that it's slightly less useful as Tager as people are less likely to risk a throw

The skullgirls thing is personal opinion. The art design in that game is great

Sorry i meant the unpopular art style hurt its chances, the actual art design for that particular style though is very good.

Ok so its all but confirmed that CP2 (Extend) is coming out. Tager has been upgraded significantly for the past 2 games from CS2->EX and EX->CP. Assuming they were saving all the major Tager buffs for CP2 which has been the case for every major revision released so far, what new moves do you think they will give Tager this time? Because he is still one of the only characters that needs many buffs as always, do you think they will they give him an upgrade as significant as CS2->EX or EX->CP?

Waring: If you say he is going to be nerfed again and make him worse i will come to your house and Genesic Emerald Tager Buster you and your entire family! :)

Just fix his backdash, and give a reliable anti-air, for christ's sake.

This. Hell, even just the anti-air. I'd come crashing back into BlazBlue like the fist of an angry god.

mori saw tiku's rampage. he probably breathed a sigh of relief when yoshiki put him down

mori saw tiku's rampage.

Mori announces BBCP2 change notes in light of EVO:

- Tager can no longer activate Overdrive in the air.

- Removed gravity from Tager's jump. He must now j.2C to return to Earth.

Mori announces BBCP2 change notes in light of EVO:

- Tager can no longer activate Overdrive in the air.

- Removed gravity from Tager's jump. He must now j.2C to return to Earth.

This sounds like an amazing time-out option lol

This sounds like an amazing time-out option lol

Just jab and then fly to the sky. Nu matchup 8-2 to 4-6 tager favor

At Evo I went up to Mori and said "Tager booooo" and gave him a thumbs down, Mori scoffed and shook his head.

I went and threw him into a Buster but he just shrugged and laughed. Said something like "It isn't hurt. Because Tager is very weak haha"

Yeah Mike Z needs to give up this "Skullgirls" nonsense and come back to being the American King of Tager, or at least go work for ArcSystem Works and replace Pachi.  (On a side note: Skullgirls really hurt its chances of success by using such an unpopular art design. Myself and everyone else i know really wanted to like that game)

Even if the art wasn't so polarizing i think that the game will have not too much following due its gameplay, why play skullgirls when you have umvc3? Which is similar and has more people playeing it.

In fact i actually think that its is characters that allowed SG to keep enough people interested on it to keep growing instead of fading into total oscurity.

Quoted for the truth, at this point those are the only things that i care about, since i know that if by any chance Tager gets something new he will lose another thing in exchange which sucks :vbang:

I know what you guys want him to get but what do you guys think ArcSys will actually give him, because unfortunately those are probably two completely different things.

Twitter convo led us to speculate whether you could do a standing 720 on a fake jump cancel VTC. Turns out you can which leads to this hilarious setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQGpCo8XEa8&feature=youtu.be

Please explain exactly how you did this. i would like to practice it.

I expect Arc to give him nothing. The've neglected putting him on an even playing field for five different versions of the game now, so I just don't see them having a sudden change of heart. Pretty much every time Tager gets something good, his 5A comboability in CP1.0, amazing heat gain in Extend, etc, we lose it one version later.

I expect Arc to give him nothing. 

That's certainly the best way to avoid disappointment. And if he does gain something, hey, that's a pleasant surprise!

Just jab and then fly to the sky. Nu matchup 8-2 to 4-6 tager favor

Megman glitch lives on in my heart!

I hope Tager does get something though. I played him for the first time in 1.1 the other night, and I'm not a great Tager player but it felt kind of depressing.