A.X.I.S.

[CP 1.1] Iron Tager Gameplay Discussion

I really don't know what to make about those changes, really.

Some of them sound awful, others good and others...

... not really sure.

The only think that i know is that anything from good to too good from the local tests surely wouldn't stay as per usual.

one more thing thanks to ArgentZero again.

J2C = Hit box smaller, 6C>J2C will miss because the hit box is smaller. Need to use a wee bit of delay, also Magnetism time decreased for all attacks.

I wouldnt mind magnetism time being shorter if all of it was alot stronger and a had mag timer.

one more thing thanks to ArgentZero again.

J2C = Hit box smaller, 6C>J2C will miss because the hit box is smaller. Need to use a wee bit of delay, also Magnetism time decreased for all attacks.

I wouldnt mind magnetism time being shorter if all of it was alot stronger and a had mag timer.

God, I fucking hate Blazblue's balance team.

I really don't know what to make about those changes, really.

Some of them sound awful, others good and others...

... not really sure.

The only think that i know is that anything from good to too good from the local tests surely wouldn't stay as per usual.

All i care about that they keep the most from this loctest is Hammer guard point and Voltec720 being easy, plus GCOD>720 of course

For real. It's not like we don't already have temporary timers for other characters, like Rachel's George timer. Here, we have a mechanic that has variable timings depending on whether 4D or 5D/2D/j.D was used, and allows multiple applications to stack which muddles things further. Yet we don't have a timer for this because... why? Do they think a timer somehow benefits the opponent? Might as well remove spark bolt meter then, since opponents plan around that all the time.

No reason not to do it, other than laziness.

BTW these Tager changes make the character sound fun.

Based on Joketest observation.

6B can be used twice in some combos consequently.

5B>3C>wiff AC>5C>6A>6B>6B>4D for example is legal.

6B>6B>5C and such might go into blue beat though.

here is some more confirmed examples from jbbs

corner combos

2C> Koreda> fine walking 6B> 6B> A thread> 5B> 5C> 5D> B Sure> 5C> 6A> 3C> Gaje

5B> 5C> 6A> 3C> empty Kore 6B> 6B> A thread> 5C> 5D> B Sure> 5C> 6A> Gaje

Guard Cancel OD = Tager’s ultimate dual-edged blade. Opponents 2B based attacks easy picking for Tager’s Guard Cancel OD, but when the opponent OD cancel from Tager’s 3C, it makes you want to cry.

Wouldn't canceling into new hammer guard point voltec counter or new easy voltec cancel 720 beat most GCOD reversal attempts pretty easily?

Also before this loke test the most requested thing for tager was a real anti air. Now with hammer having guard point, Voltic hammer counter gives us that and more. If you guys want you can pick unlimiited tager to try it out. His hammer already has guard point. i wonder if they made it the same or differnent than unlimited tagers.

it wouldn't be the first time we got something from the unlimited tager, 6a charged was first on the unlimited and then added in cs2 or ex, cant remember. 4d charge cancel would be AMAZING

they should just give tager all of his unlimited stuff and call it a day

Probably not the best idea, Mori can just give it the walk speed and stop at that

No way, give him the double jump!! mori pls

But seriously, all of these changes so far don't look like they will help Tager's worst matchups. I wish they would do more with sledge than just change its combo properties. :I: Guard point hammer sounds kind of cool though.

ive been saying this forever. most of the stuff they gave to CP unlimited tager is stuff regular tager should have had to begin with.

all of these changes so far don't look like they will help Tager's worst matchups. I wish they would do more with sledge than just change its combo properties. :I: Guard point hammer sounds kind of cool though.

Well hopefully 6A new very strong air mag pull will finaly work to pull hazama tao and valk down out of the air. With GCOD>720 we could probably be able to block certain nu/lamda sword moves and grab them if magged from midscreen or farther. I agree with you about sledge. they should fix sledge also not just hammer.

you had to beat score attack to get the unlimited? or was it unlimited mars? might want check the new unlimited tager stuff

every time i sub a character vs hakumen stuff happens that blows my mind and never happens ever when i play hakumen

haku IAD j2Cs, i tager 2C, it clashes and i lose to 3C

apparently AC doesnt do anything anymore, so what do you do to deal with that, backdash 360?

Are you asking what to do against aerial attacks?

Cause I usually just cry.

Also pretty sure you'd still lose to 3C there if you backdash'd the j.2C, lol. WHOO BACKDASH NERF.

apparently AC doesnt do anything anymore, so what do you do to deal with that, backdash 360?

For CP2 couldnt you just use VoltecHammer counter to beat that assuming they keep hammer guard point, or even VoltecCancel 720 depending on how much easier they actually made it.

Are you asking what to do against aerial attacks?

Cause I usually just cry.

Also pretty sure you'd still lose to 3C there if you backdash'd the j.2C, lol. WHOO BACKDASH NERF.

I see VoltecHammer being our new anti air as long as hammer guard point stays.

I'm not really sure where you're getting that impression, tbh. Unless I missed something about being able to immediately cancel out of Voltec Charge into Hammer without needing the guard point to be hit in the first place, people will be able to see that they hit Voltec Charge and just land and throw/block, or double jump and destroy Hammer on the way back down, plenty of options to kill it. Empty jump lows would ruin your day if you tried to Voltec to bait the hit. Not to mention that the armor isn't exactly immediate in the first place, so you're potentially risking a counter hit there to begin with. Even then, you're depending on counter-hit or spending 50 meter to actually get any kind of reward whatsoever out of the hit in the first place if it even does connect, and counter is unlikely due to the slow-ish start-up of Hammer.

I can't ever rule anything out without seeing it first, but I don't see it being anything close to a reliable/worthwhile anti-air. Too many downsides.

Why are people all excited about the hyper situational guard points anyway? There's a uncomfortably high chance of those guard points not coming into play at all in any given match. There guard point would need considerable asymmetrical hit stop on a convenient window of armor to be very interesting.

Was it established that GCODs had any vulnerable recovery? I feel like they wouldn't because the flash would make it too easy for people to do stuff about them. If there is no vulnerable recovery the punish suggested by TagerTime isn't a punish. (though it is really cool conceptually)

Typically you can't really even try it. Usually GCOD is done with the intention of making an attack whiff. If you timed it when someone could special cancel then you probably did it wrong.

Or maybe GCOD will change a lot and none of that junk will matter.

every time i sub a character vs hakumen stuff happens that blows my mind and never happens ever when i play hakumen

Backdash 360 is pretty worthless now, you have to 720 if you don't want to get hit by any random counter during our awful backdash now.

Backdash 720 isn't that good either, considering the much larger vulnerability window of backdash. I seriously hate the backdash nerf, it's not even good for hard reads anymore. It still beats Ragna's DP and probably Kagura's too, but anything faster than those can't be punished because of the increased recovery. fffffffffffff