Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

purify

[LM] The Parace Struggle (tips and observations)

Because it is real. So...initially, I wanted to come here and give you guys tips on how I'd successfully found some ways to deal with her, but I haven't actually beat her...lol.

Some useful information for everybody to try to work out a strategy, though:

The bad news first:

She cannot be knocked down. Initially, you might think, oh hey, I'll try Earth stomp super to stuff this full screen nonsense! Unfortunately, this move doesn't even hurt her, let alone knock her down. Your general Arcana gameplan, for this reason, will not be so effective due to this property of hers, coupled with the next thing:
She has a four-second burst recharge. Yes, her burst recovers faster than EF.

Unlike vanilla AH3, she does not lose maximum health after each continue.

There will be some rounds where the AI basically decides that you will lose, i.e. Parace just does a string of supers that renders you immobile.

I originally thought she could not block low or guard cancel, but she can. In fact, her GC allows her to teleport instantly behind you.

She does not take chip damage.

GCing against her is not so great. It can be against certain supers, such as her Earth super or the full screen level 3, but against others she will be able to punish you.

Her mobility is insane. Trying to take a risk and tag her with a large, slow move or even attempting space control at neutral can be risky due to Parace being able to instantly teleport behind you, and since Arcana doesn't have corners, she can just as well pop behind you in the corner if she feels like it (and she will).

She has near half-screen instant high/low that can end the round. Not only that, but when coupled with her teleports, she can decide to just roll up beside you and do the Water command throw. I could go on, but I think that about covers most of it lol D:

The good (or less bad?) news!:

She seems, as should be of little surprise, to be less of a threat if you stay in the air. In the air and on the ground, she does not have a move to cover the anti air angle above and in front of her. Of course, managing to safely approach at this angle is not easy. This is advisable over trying to fight her on the ground, as she can mix you up instantly if you stay there.

If actually in a neutral or defensive situation, Parace will attempt to block charged Es. If you're a Fire player, you could use this to get some free damage. Unfortunately, it is difficult to force her into this situation. Using 214214E or Eclipse can help, and is fast enough to often interrupt what she might be trying.
Continuing with that last note, she doesn't handle unblockables too well in general and actually has low HP. You may be able to take her out with a strong unblockable move.
As with all AI opponents, she will often not respect lingering projectiles such as Sin balls. These can interrupt whatever she's doing and give you a combo and allow you to at least start a short offensive.
Parace has several status effects that she can inflict upon you. One of them, however, can actually work to your advantage if you are aware of it. If she hits you with a super that looks something like a large, blue, fancy Metal sword that activates a red aura with Hokuto no Ken-style death timer. However, this super will also put you in a state where you have infinite armor, take no damage and do increased damage yourself for a set period of time. Power through her attacks and try to take her down, if you're in a position to!

Perhaps most importantly, and this may be how we have to beat her: While she is using her healing level 3, the golden crystal cocoon, it is advisable that you set up something advantageous during this time such as a Blaze, Eclipse or Critical Heart. If you're Lieselotte, do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isNzZUmnDxc
(also see Tigre's Metal Angie example below)

And that's all I've got, I think. Good luck versus this...nice lady. I'm not sure if Fiona can really beat this character, short of sheer chance. I've managed maybe ten rounds out of...probably 80-ish tries, but yeah...it feels like trying to win the lottery.

Metal Angie is how I did it, charge to level 3 and try to hit her with angies XH. it still took a few times but it did the trick.

Yeah, that sounds legit. I should add, she doesn't handle unblockables well and actually doesn't have that much HP. Love Blaze might be useful.

My own XH isn't happening. lol.

I'm not sure if Fiona can really beat this character, short of sheer chance. I've managed maybe ten rounds out of...probably 80-ish tries, but yeah...it feels like trying to win the lottery.

This is true character love.

Hahaha, I guess it is. The difficulty is both fascinating and really stupid.

I forgot to add the bit about her Hokuto no Ken super. It has a little mechanic built into it that may allow some players to beat her, but only in certain situations.

Whoever designed all of this must have been the same guy responsible for PS2 2.6.

Pick Metal Ange, charge when she goes into the cocoon and get 3 bars -> Drop meteors.

OHKOing her in r2 was great.

i've never beaten her with my main, Kira, since vanilla and have quit since. i've beaten her with various other characters  but not Kira.

i played with cathy for around 2 hours and closest i got was indiscriminately earth 5[E]ing. I don't know what else to try, I suppose metal charge/xh could work.

Using Mirror Arcana could help, turning Parace's over-powered super moves against her. Case in point:
(Yes, I know it's AH3 vanilla, but he did it in one try, and it could still work in LOVE MAX.)

Now on to something not quite related to fighting, but still focused on Parace. I found these pictures when I entered Parace's Japanese (katakana/kanji?) into Bing:

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/ah3/images/gamemode/parace02.jpg
http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/ah3/images/gamemode/parace03.jpg

I figured out some of the first pic:
Birthdate: 9/24
Height: 176 cm (about 5'9")
Weight: 48 kg (about 105.8 lb.)
Measurements: 92/56/88
Blood type: AB

But I don't know the rest- any help with translation? I also posted this on GameFAQs, but that board's pretty much dead.

Using Mirror Arcana could help, turning Parace's over-powered super moves against her. Case in point:
(Yes, I know it's AH3 vanilla, but he did it in one try, and it could still work in LOVE MAX.)

Now on to something not quite related to fighting, but still focused on Parace. I found these pictures when I entered Parace's Japanese (katakana/kanji?) into Bing:

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/ah3/images/gamemode/parace02.jpg

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/ah3/images/gamemode/parace03.jpg

I figured out some of the first pic:

Birthdate: 9/24

Height: 176 cm (about 5'9")

Weight: 48 kg (about 105.8 lb.)

Measurements: 92/56/88

Blood type: AB

But I don't know the rest- any help with translation? I also posted this on GameFAQs, but that board's pretty much dead.

Mirror doesn't do jack shit to Parace in LM.

Mirror doesn't do jack shit to Parace in LM.

do you mean that it no longer copies parace's attacks or it doesn't do as much damage anymore?

Well, last I remember, Mirror does something, dunno about the damage though, might have been nerfed or not, but as of LM, she can, at random, either block, hover dash, or take the hit, so yeah, in short, I can't win with Mirror against her. I had to do what Tigre said, just do LV. 3 Angelia XCH with Metal Charge, it works wonders, be lucky if you can 1-hit with that though, maybe 2 or 3 if she's still standing with whatever health left, and if she doesn't spam broken supers, and use the heal super for an opening (or any kind of opening, I guess).

The 236236E Mirror Super used to work wonders on Parace because of how much damage it did, but they nerfed the damage by a lot, sooooo...

Well, I guess in Vanilla AH3, not in LM. :v: Guess I had to go what Tigre did, though so much paitience, lol. :kitty:

It's virtually impossible. Believe me, I tried. I've gotten a lot of rounds, but never a match. You can use the tips in the first post the best you can, though.

There's always a huge amount of "luck" involved if you're not doing something like the Metal Angie method. Even in that Lilica example, things still went really well for him. If you persist long enough, it will eventually happen, but...yeah. It's ridiculous.

you can fight her by beating score attack if that's still a thing or by getting to the third tier of a character's tenth challenge. you can not beat her.

you can fight her by beating score attack if that's still a thing or by getting to the third tier of a character's tenth challenge. you can not beat her.

Kamui's the final boss of (Survival) Score Attack now, and yes, you can beat Parace, you just have to have paitience.