Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Linne

are there issues doing JB>JC>J6B instead of JB>J6B>JC etc?

additionally, what's the deal with ~J2B> 2C being easy to whiff on poorer starters? any tips?

Wonder if JB>JC>BE J6B>2C might work more stably?

Doing j.b>j.c>j.6b can create height issues in certain instances, where the divekick won't hit right after. j.b and j.6b can be done in whatever order, though (i.e., both j.b j.6b j.c j.2b and j.6b j.b j.c j.2b are fine).

j.b>j.c>jBE6b 2c is okay sometimes, but it's almost never optimal, and I personally feel it's a less stable route and more height/hitbox dependent. It's only used if you're doing a combo where you need two air strings for some reason.

j.2B>2c just has weird timing. It's really lenient once you're used to it, but until you are, it feels rough. It's just a case of needing to grind it out -- I honestly think getting tk kuuga in combos is harder than j.2b>2c.

Doing j.b>j.c>j.6b can create height issues in certain instances, where the divekick won't hit right after. j.b and j.6b can be done in whatever order, though (i.e., both j.b j.6b j.c j.2b and j.6b j.b j.c j.2b are fine).

j.b>j.c>jBE6b 2c is okay sometimes, but it's almost never optimal, and I personally feel it's a less stable route and more height/hitbox dependent. It's only used if you're doing a combo where you need two air strings for some reason.

j.2B>2c just has weird timing. It's really lenient once you're used to it, but until you are, it feels rough. It's just a case of needing to grind it out -- I honestly think getting tk kuuga in combos is harder than j.2b>2c.

JB>JC>J6B is just immediately more friendly to my hands. Just a minor thing I guess, easy to fix. priority to me though is being able to do it reliably without messing up. had similar problem with orie, 2C OTG off crappy starters being inconsistent, and a 2c whiff is always either punished or have to block.

Also what's the preferred way of confirming TK kuugas on hits?

Normally, it'd be dash 5a 6cc etc.

If that feels too finicky as of yet, you can sac damage and do something like dash 5b j.b j.6b j.c j.2b etc.

If you're willing to read a lot, we had a lot of good discussion when the game came out in Japan, around post 100 or so. We were all trying to figure out Linne, and there was a lot of good discussion on basic strategy, approach, and mixups.

I'll be streaming Linne netplay most weekdays. Feel free to drop by and ask questions! twitch.tv/omgAyane

For the life of me I can't do her basic 2a starter. No matter how many times I do it I can't connect j236b -> jb j6b jc j2b -> 2c 6CCC. If I land the air part the 2c 6ccc ender never connects. Is the timing just that difficult or am I missing something? It's really starting to aggravate me

To be clear, you're trying to do 2abc 214b~a tk.236b j.b j.6b j.c j.2b 2c 6ccc?

Yes. Specifically my inputs right now are 2abc, delayed 214b~a 2369b, hold 9 to jump forward, b, 6b, 6, 2c. Sometimes the 2c won't connect, when I do connect I miss the 2c into 6ccc. Is there an input trick I'm missing or something?

Don't otg with 214b~a, the 2c is earlier than you think, probably...

Iunno. Getting j.2b 2c is just a matter of practice. It's dead easy once you do, though. And as for 2c 6ccc... honestly, just mash it if you can't feel the timing. You'll probably get it.

You pause but don't OTG. You just want them to fall a little closer to the ground for the TK Kuuga.

So I decided to join the grandma army and I have to say that she's pretty fun to use. So from what I understand, neutral is like judo roll, mixups and kuuga?

roll is kinda dangerous at high level but it's nice for projectiles or crossups on someone's wakeup.

Linne's mixups are kinda meh I'd say it's more about learning how to frame trap/pressure with her.

Definitely kuuga. But just know that any pressure into kuuga>dash is negative. On netplay people think it's plus for some reason, but it's only plus at max range (basically round start distance); which is further than any of your normals can reach, so you can't get there from pressure. It can be used as a sort of reversal safe frame trap. Mujin is much better up close, especially since mujin in it self can be a frame trap (since you can delay the rekka).

Kuuga/TK kuuga p much the god in neutral. Think someone is gonna try to mash out of pressure with a low? TK Kuuga. Backdash/Jump? Kuuga. Also since projectiles clash you will flat out win a lot of times because you will be already running at them while 2 projectiles are clashing. TK kuuga is like +8 so you can bully slower/short range characters by just sitting back and spamming it and letting them hang themselves.

Linne's only real problems are:

Her dp is slow, and sometimes you will get punished even for hitting them with it. (first hit only doesn't knockdown)

Her normals are pretty fast, but the recovery is awful. People look at 2C and think it's amazing. It's not. It has the recovery of a DP basically and extends her hurtbox about half the distance the sword goes before the sword hitbox comes out. Just dash 2B unless it's a guaranteed punish.

She doesn't have great AA options. 6C is huge  but too slow. 5B is okay but has hurtboxes overlapping hitboxes. The best bets are your DP's and FF. If you get a CH with A DP you can get a combo. So it's my favorite.

That's pretty much it really, she's a lot of fun!

The  staple mixup for Linne is just hit/throw on pressure reset, since Linne's dash throw has such good range.

Linne also has one strangely effective mixup:

236C> roll through two to four times > assault j.C

You'd think this would stop hitting people almost a year into the game's US lifespan, but noooooooooooope. If I'm bored I'll make a point of seeing how many times I can roll through before I get punished.

I recommend just watching Fuse to see what Linne pressure looks like. I picked up a couple of tricks I use somewhat often (assault j.a whiff throw, fake meaty 2b [2b whiffs and mvoes you forward] throw), in addition to more general Linne pressure tricks.

Re: neutral, kuuga/air kuuga/tk kuuga/2b/2c/dash C/dash 5a are the things I recommend getting comfortable with fast.