Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Carmine

So I was wondering if this could be extended:

5A>5B>2B>j.A>j.C>j.B>5A>???

You can chain into Smart Steer after j.B but it's only like an extra 400 damage to the auto-combo. 

I was thinking of 5A>2C>22A after j.B but can't try it since I'm in classes right now. :/

Hello everynyan:3 I'll try improve my Carmine.  Mby it's good to know for true blocktring u can 2a 2b 5b 5a(5b 5c) where 5b-5c is second and third press 5a. Also Carmine's http://youtu.be/_Fdk6vZfdd4?t=46s charge whiff j[c] backdash-one of greatest bait in game. Input d+6j[c](charge to ground) 4+ab. For easier use.

Tigerknee j.6B is so gdlk.  I use it at the end of blocked pinwheels as a frame trap to punish throw tech / OS throw techs.  If done low enough it looks like his overhead.  Also like I said earlier - it doesn't have a low hit-box until frame 17.

Excuse my absence. Life happened lol.

So once I heard about Carmine kara throw I immediately found sound lab time and tried to find any and all setups that allows us to take advantage of this tech.

Just incase anyone doesn't know; its PLinking 6B with A+D

As of right now the only thing I can come up with is from point blank range and only a few button presses into kara throw.

5A, 9A, kara throw

5A, 2A, kara throw (personal fav)

2A, 2A, kara throw

3b, 2A, kara throw

5B, 2A, kara throw

Catch my drift? The range carmine gains isn't much to brag about. So most C moves will put you out of range unless your ballsy enough to take a half step forward before committing to the throw. But it deff makes his stutter game way scarier. Especially on opponents who feel shielding is the answer to carmine pressure.

If anyone has any tips or tech regarding the kara throw feel free to pitch in. Can't get better unless we all share right?! =D

Excuse my absence. Life happened lol.

So once I heard about Carmine kara throw I immediately found sound lab time and tried to find any and all setups that allows us to take advantage of this tech.

Just incase anyone doesn't know; its PLinking 6B with A+D

tk j.6b would work well with the Kara. Also would probably be really scary to incorporate this into his psudeo infinite in the corner.

tk j.6b would work well with the Kara. Also would probably be really scary to incorporate this into his psudeo infinite in the corner.

Tk j.6B is a tool I haven't incorporated into my game yet. I see a lot of chatter about it, is it really that reliable? Are we throw invincible since,technically, were off the ground? If true that is SO gdlk. Train your opponent to tech, and once they do mix in j.6b for the counter hit into more oki. Carmine op lol

Is there a difference between using assault j.[C] or normal jump j.[C] for mixup after a Maware?

To me it looks like that if you start charging it late enough off a normal jump, you can release it just before you hit the ground or charge it completely, have the first hit's animation come out with no hitbox, and effectively empty jump low.

Which makes it no different than assault into instant charge, minus the forced proration. Yet I keep seeing players opt for assault mixup.

Notes also seems to like what seems to be an "iad" over assault or regular jump, I haven't tried that out though

Assault moves scale worse (less damage, less hitstun/untechable) than regular moves. You should go for normal jump j.[C] when Assault j.[C] wouldn't make a huge difference on mixups.

That's what I'm saying, yet I see jp Carmines often use assault over regular jump. So I was wondering if I was missing something.

So how would you say Carmine and Byakuya compare to one another as setplay/pressure style characters? I'm a long time Testament player so as soon as I picked up this game I immediately went for both of these guys based off of the tools I saw they have, but I'm not exactly sure which one I want to put in the effort to REALLY work on just yet...

From what I can see, Carmine beats Byakuya in terms of his fullscreen game (thanks to having actual projectiles) as well as having much more oppressive blockstrings, but at the cost of hurting himself

Byakuya seems much more mobile, and I like the fact that he can steal GRD with his webs, but in a game full of top-tier Dhalsims having no real fullscreen projectiles and having to commit to his web followups in neutral seems really dangerous unless you have Chain Shift on standby, his web oki also seems very fragile against a lot of characters from the vids I've watched, almost no one respects Byakuya's oki, like ever...

It's just hard for me to figure out exactly what advantages playing Byakuya has against playing Carmine outside of the self-injury aspect (which never stopped A.B.A. from murdering people so that's nbd really)

Couldn't find anything on twitter not already mentionned in the loketest thread.

For people who didn't see, here are the changes reported so far in it:

• Force Function has been given a name - Roll up! (捲れ!)
  • Force Function is now Air OK
  • Can immidiately use other normals after aerial FF. Loses the ability to block in midair after the move.

Force function is B+C in case someone forgot and that's when he creates/move puddles around.
So far, it sounds like a very interesting buff and could help greatly in neutral. Especially if it's normal cancelable on block. Unless they changed the properties or untech time on some of our moves, I don't think it's gonna change much combo-wise.
Maybe we could do stuff like j[C]>B+C>jB>jC>etc to avoid using a bounce for more damage and corner carry ? Or might allow for a much more stable substitute to corner j[C]>jB>2C ender.

Anyway, anyone got Notsu or SAT's twitter hopefully ?

@notes_emptyes <-- Notes.

I forget if SAT has a twitter, but I think he does?

Thanks a lot !

Posted what I found here and waiting for confirmation.

If someone is willing to check it out, I'll post and discuss the possible changes here and their consequences.

As for SAT's tweeter account, here it is. Doesn't look like he could go to the loketest unfortunately.

Can anyone help me cosplay this guy? I REALLY like his "not giving a fuck" kind of attitude, and it would be cool to cosplay as him. I am having a hard time finding the jacket with the fur shawl on his collar, and would like some assistance finding it. The pants, chains and belt should not be an issue, along with the wig. It's the jacket I am having a hard time finding.

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone help me cosplay this guy? I REALLY like his "not giving a fuck" kind of attitude, and it would be cool to cosplay as him. I am having a hard time finding the jacket with the fur shawl on his collar, and would like some assistance finding it. The pants, chains and belt should not be an issue, along with the wig. It's the jacket I am having a hard time finding.

Thanks in advance!

I think you may want to ask this on a cosplay forum or see if there is a thread in Zepp Museum for cosplay. Most people are here to discuss Carmine's gameplay and changes.

There was a group who cosplayed UNIB Hyde and Carmine but unfortunately, I don't remember who they were. :(

So I play a horrible Carmine, but today I went to the arcade and tried out the new st version.

What I noticed for Carmine immediately is that he's able to do B+C in the air, which causes him to hover briefly. The behavior of the puddle move is the same as it is on-ground. Not sure exactly what this adds to his game, as I wasn't able to do anything in the air after B+C.

notes has been writing on Twitter how Carmine seems to have been powered down in this version as well and pointed out that in the character win statistics, he was the character that lost the most today.https://twitter.com/notes_emptyes/status/624220714745249793/photo/1

Sorry that I'm not better at the game at the moment and I'm unable to provide any more detail on Carmine changes.

I always heard that Carmine was essentially the same in this version other than his damage getting toned down, 3C being chargeable for more length and the puddle in the air.

He definitely doesn't do as much damage anymore but his pressure is still there from what I know. Players have to work harder now.