Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Orie

http://a.pomf.se/octyjo.webm

I feel like this setup would be useful to learn. IIRC brett was messing around with it when he was going through each character and I think it was a true unblockable? I didn't really know how to recreate it myself in training.

http://a.pomf.se/octyjo.webm

I feel like this setup would be useful to learn. IIRC brett was messing around with it when he was going through each character and I think it was a true unblockable? I didn't really know how to recreate it myself in training.

It's not an unblockable by any means but a good combo

You guys should watch this video, where an Orie player did that same thing mid match. There's also a lot of neat things at neutral that would be good to replicate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0rXKpEwqnQ

Edit: woops, messed up one of the notations but xlolxolx got it

uh....that's j.2c>j.214b>2c>5c>3c>623a>5a>3b>214b>2c

its almost a 50/50 because j.214b can work as a real crossup if they block low which is not under the crossup protection from what i know

its a decent wakeup mixup since there's a couple frames on wakeup where you can do fuzzies

and you can milk it for a bit more dmg with 3b pickup>air combo>d.c>214b>2c

I tested out the j.2C, j.214B crossup in the lab and was able to block both directions (fake and actual crossup) low by holding downback. Maybe I'm missing something here but I couldn't bypass the crossup protection with this.  

hmm, the blocking low thing wasnt true after all then....guess people just arent blocking after the j.2c 

i tested a little bit and the j.214b seems to beat a decent amount of normals and reversal inputs get butchered so i guess it has its uses even if it isnt a real crossup 

I'm pretty sure crossup protection works by allowing you to block both ways if the opponent hits you while facing AWAY from you. I.e. if Player A is on the left, jumps over B, then hits him on the way over, you will be "protected" because A is still facing right even though B got turned around.

If on the other hand A jumps over B and lands and THEN does a low or something, you will NOT be protected because A is now properly facing left. This means that it is still possible to do certain crossups by crossing someone up then hitting them once you turn around. Linne's roll is a good example of this, she can space the roll to ambiguously cross up then jab you when she recovers since she comes up facing the opponent. On the other hand Nanase can't just, for example, throw her projectile then do dash crossover as it hits because she's still facing the other way until the crossover actually recovers.

In Orie's case I believe she can still make the j.214B hit crossup by doing it very close to the ground so she land and turns to face the opponent before the Stand hits. That said the crossup is super obvious at this point unless you manage to space it so the landing itself is ambiguous as to which side you will come down on, which is pretty tough since they will most likely just jab you in the face for trying.

So basically, her combo routes essentially works as;

Bad Starter = 5A/2A etc > straight into grounded 5C > 4C > 623A > 5A > 5C > 214B > 2C > 22B.

Good Starter = ... > 2C > 5C > 3C > 623A > 5A > 5C > 214B > 2C > 22B

Anti-Air/Air Juggle = 3B/22B whatever > j.ABC > 5A > 5C > 214B > 2C > 22B.

Is this a decent setup or am i missing tons of damage by not doing something special off a certain confirm?

So is ending with 214B > 2C > 22B really that bad if they roll back I find my opponent always rolling right into B orb. Also is 623B ender ok to do in this game since opponent cant attack until on ground?

Guys i was messing with orie trying to find some instant overhead setups with j.A. I set the cpu to crouch blocking, i test it with 6b overhead : it hits. All good.

Then i do the instant overhead j.A and ... THE CPU BLOCKS ! WTF ?

Guys i was messing with orie trying to find some instant overhead setups with j.A. I set the cpu to crouch blocking, i test it with 6b overhead : it hits. All good.

Then i do the instant overhead j.A and ... THE CPU BLOCKS ! WTF ?

Are you talking about jumping straight up or back with j.A? for some reason it do not count as an overhead until she is falling down.

@LordSpectreX - All those starters mentioned are good. I wouldn't worry about maximizing damage until you've practiced combos you're comfortable reverse beating, if it gets blocked. Not using 2A/5A starters are ideal because it allows more variety in safe strings, but aren't bad when trying to apply pressure after a knockdown or keep momentum.

@Daiken - Ending combos in 22B isn't terrible but limits you on wake up a bit. I'd try ending combos in 214B for hard knockdown so you can either run up 2A, set spacing for max range 236A into CS or approach with 6D > j.A/B/C/2C afterward. I'm sure there are other approaches too.

Straight up ! I think jumping attacks don't count as overheads unless you're on the descending part of your jump. That's the only explanation. Won't surprise me in a game with crossup protection.

ah ok was just wondering because I have been working on Orie midsceen combos. I haven't learned any CS combos yet I need to. Anyways I don't know how useful this will be but here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bjZxcaka9z09y5t6GqsYuNwbXv00pPWnQgxTdsA991M/edit?usp=sharing

If there are more optimal combos please let me know!

ah ok was just wondering because I have been working on Orie midsceen combos. I haven't learned any CS combos yet I need to. Anyways I don't know how useful this will be but here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bjZxcaka9z09y5t6GqsYuNwbXv00pPWnQgxTdsA991M/edit?usp=sharing

If there are more optimal combos please let me know!

Did you check this post http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8877-uniel-orie/?p=826021

it's not the j.2c that hits them, it's the j.214b probably her best meterless starter outside of ch 236b corner combos

ill post some combos in a little bit http://pastebin.com/GVXcu86Z mostly max damage stuff ending with knockdown

@Spiralfang Any combo that goes into 5B/5C > 4C > 623A, 2C > 5C > 3B/3C > 623A or 2C > 5C > j.B > j.A > j.C then ends with 214B are good to start with. There are a bunch of combos in this thread you can look to reference.

More importantly, start off with a simple combo you're comfortable reverse beating into 5A/2A  to keep your strings safe. No need in learning a fancy combo that will get your shit pushed in for messing it up. Also remember to practice combos on "random" block to make yourself more confident in your confirms.

Nie

I made an Orie discussion LINE group, hit me up if you want to join. Let's level up our blue haired Stand wielding maiden together!

https://twitter.com/ichitsun/status/492799165651361792

Is this being used? I have no smartphone and it won't let me sign up through pc for whatever reason.

So what are some of Orie's best options to get in? Do I just wait for a yolo Thrust? Or should I do 22B/C on people who are not Merkava (as mentioned in a previous post), you guys/girls also mentioned the J.2c J.B214 (fake? 50/50?) crossup is that viable? I'm just having A LOT of trouble getting in as Orie, maybe this is the wrong mindset for this character?