Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Orie

Nope, the combo page is still outdated from what I recall. If it's alright with xlolol, we should probably just copy/paste his notes since he made an extensive combo guide.

Can I get a link to this?

+1

I picked up the game yesterday and this would be much appreciated.

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but if you do some digging in this thread, you can find two pretty useful links.

http://pastebin.com/GVXcu86Z

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wN3wu5IwEcQ9b-Zo4LalYq1IaPe8Obx5d5WGRK0dpOc/edit

Better than nothing I suppose.

Explored combos using j214A as starter. Here is what I found.

J214A 5A 5B 214B 2C 5C 214B 2.5K

J214A 3b JB JA JC 3B 214B 2C 5C 214B 2.8k (It is possible to do j214A 5C, etc... but the 5C has to be done right after J214a hits and the damage is 2.9k)

J214A 623A cs j214b 2C 5C 214B 2C 5C 214B 3.2K (You can do 623B instead of 623A but requires lots of delay to hit the J214B and the damage is 3,3k)

Explored combos using j214A as starter. Here is what I found.

J214A 5A 5B 214B 2C 5C 214B 2.5K

J214A 3b JB JA JC 3B 214B 2C 5C 214B 2.8k (It is possible to do j214A 5C, etc... but the 5C has to be done right after J214a hits and the damage is 2.9k)

J214A 623A cs j214b 2C 5C 214B 2C 5C 214B 3.2K (You can do 623B instead of 623A but requires lots of delay to hit the J214B and the damage is 3,3k)

When writing combos with damage values, it's worth mentioning if you're doing them with or without vorpal. Hard to compare damage otherwise. You don't need to write both damage values, though, as it's just a constant 10% difference.

Regardless, I'd suggest using 2C > 4C > etc. for the last parts of your combos, as it's significantly more stable in most situations.

As for a combo from j.214A, I don't know what's optimal, but I'd probably work on something like this: j.214A > 5C > 3C > 623A > 3B > j.A > j.B > j.C > 5B > 214B > 2C > 4C > 214B > 214A - 3408 dmg w/o vorpal (3740 w/ vorpal)

Again, I'm assuming it's not optimal, but it's a starting point.

That looks pretty close to optimal. Maybe you can throw in a 66B between 3C and 623A? (not 100% if that'll work, I gotta lab that one). j.BAC does a little bit more damage than j.ABC so that's a spot you could squeeze more damage out of.

EDIT: 5C 3C floats them too high for 66B to hit. It'll work if you omit 5C and do j214A, 3C, 66B, stuff but the damage difference is really small.

Vaguely feasible VO routes off of hitting a cornered opponent w/ 236b > 22c:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyvGGvEdvJ8

At mid-range, use 5b. At mid-far range, use 236a.

At point blank, it doesn't work, and 236b is sorta silly anyway. At very long range, unless you do a bunch of crazy microdashing, it won't work.

Requires earliest possible CS, which is why you see/hear me mashing the D button.

Would've posted this earlier, but I hadn't realized that 236a worked at longer ranges, so I disregarded it as a funny combo route at a very particular range. 236a opens up the range by quite a bit, so it's arguably feasible, if not suggested or altogether very practical.

(edit: just to clarify, her other VO route [5c > 4c > 22c > cs > 3b > VO > 623a > etc.] works better in most situations... but I wouldn't suggest using that at all, either, unless you just want to be stylish)

Considering UNI is getting an update, what are some changes we all wanna see for our favorite divine thruster?

Personally, and it may be because I'm horrible, I want Orie to be able to do something about projectile spam. Whether that's a projectile of her own that isn't Hoplon, or maybe something like 236 being able to go through projectiles, or at least one hit of armor. Or maybe buff Hoplon to come out a little bit faster so we can eat slower projectiles like Orbiter?

Or maybe more uses for 214B *cough Overhead cough*.

214B *cough Overhead cough*.

Honestly though if they were to do that to 214B, they'd give it like ten extra frames of startup too. :p

But it would be nice having a second standing overhead.

And I personally think it'd be neat if they made 214X > 214C into some shiny new followup move rather than just having a second button for 214X > 214B.

Honestly though if they were to do that to 214B, they'd give it like ten extra frames of startup too. :p

But it would be nice having a second standing overhead.

And I personally think it'd be neat if they made 214X > 214C into some shiny new followup move rather than just having a second button for 214X > 214B.

Or maybe make 214X > 214C the standing overhead? Because if they add more startup frames to 214B, it'll lose its worth as mid-combo extension.

Now that I think about it, 214X > 214C overhead wouldn't even be a mixup unless they made A/B followup a low. Maybe giving her a new followup in the form of a command grab might make things interesting, unless I'm a doo-doo head and the A and B followups are air blockable. 

Well, 214A is air unblockable, but 214B is blockable. Thick and Fast is air blockable, Succession is air unblockable.

I think we should change TaF. Not only is Succession a better ender for combos and blockstrings, but goddamn is TaF unsafe. We should make TaF a second 214A that hits low, then either make 214X > 214C an overhead or a command grab like you said.

That way you either continue to make the opponent block low for the TaF and maybe end up at neutral or like, -3, OR you do Succession and end up positive, OR you go for the risky super slow and obvious overhead/command grab that leads into good damage with Chain Shift or a reset/oki set up.

Hell, maybe even allow us to cancel the first Command Order into Hoplon. It'd be super risky, but if they don't see it and react in time, we get some advantage, especially in corner.

TL;DR Let's just give her Gordeau's scythe and call it a day.

If they keep the FF changes, I'm going to have no GRD in UNIst, haha. I'm going to flying all day~. :D

What is the best option to do after 2A whiff during pressure? Like what are some good normals/specials that would commonly give a counterhit if someone presses a button? I've been doing stuff like Blockstring>2A whiff>2C or A Divine Thrust(chainshifted) or even Air 3C. But I sometimes just get clipped out of it and im starting to think I should be waiting for people to whiff instead of going for stuff like that. Not neccesarily used to this since Eltnum pressure came ALOT easier than Orie.

That being said...Love this character and I'm really looking to improve with her ^.^