Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Gordeau

Also, Assimilation range nerfed (a version is faster though and reaches as far as his normal throw), A Mortal Slide damage nerfed, his 66b is now a 4b normal, 5c charge has faster startup.

/) - (\ Hopefully my baby is still viable. I'll have to see too.

Destrade made a tweet about Gordeau when they nerfed Grim Reaper that he didn't think Gordeau was worth maining anymore because he no longer has any unique advantages.

I don't know if he's being really pessimistic or not, but it's a shame if Destrade stopped playing him when ST arrives.

Destrade made a tweet about Gordeau when they nerfed Grim Reaper that he didn't think Gordeau was worth maining anymore because he no longer has any unique advantages.

I don't know if he's being really pessimistic or not, but it's a shame if Destrade stopped playing him when ST arrives.

He was mainly saying how he does not have fun with Gordeau anymore, since he only received nerfs. Also saying how Gordeau does not have as strong as footsies anymore. Saying that people who only played Gordeau for grim reaper and mortal slide won't do well anymore. He also says "Goodbye Gordeau, hello Seth" (he subs Seth)

I'm all for nerfs as long as we can get some new tools in the process. As of right now its :( 

The MS nerf is what's making me nervous.

I didn't mind that they nerfed his mixup or his reversals or his GRD-gain, but if they're doing all that AND nerfing his neutral, I'm not really sure there's a lot left that I like.

I hope they at least make air MS usable. The move looks so baller, yet is so worthless.

Hypothetically, even if they did a perfect balancing job and every character was just as good as the next, playing Seth would feel a lot better than Gordeau, since even though they would be equally good, one would feel like a strong, superior version of what you're already used to, while the other just feels worse.

I agree. I was hoping for new tools to compensate but...idk. I have to see him in action. Don't like the idea of them crippling his neutral.

Question from a new Gordeau player.

If your opponent blocks 236C, can any character mash after it and beat Gordeau's 5A/2A or does Gordeau have the frame advantage?

Question from a new Gordeau player.

If your opponent blocks 236C, can any character mash after it and beat Gordeau's 5A/2A or does Gordeau have the frame advantage?

Gordeau has notable frame advantage. There's a gap if the second hit is shielded, but he's still at advantage.

You can look to the Mizuumi wiki for more information on frame data. It's generally correct, though there are some incorrect values scattered throughout the various character pages.