Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Merkava

sorry, I meant 214EX

i managed to get 1903 damage from the throw one time and one time only

EDIT: i just got 2249 by setting a macro button (A+B+C+D) on turbo and churning the stick

all this damage is calculated during vorpal

I can get 1700+ consistently by holding all four buttons and churning, the input shows ABCD being input with every new direction so that seems to make a difference

Ugh Merkava combos are pretty finicky. You're going to be doing a lot of 6[C] > j.6D > j.A > j.B(2) > 66C. If you can't hit that, you're going to have a bad time. It's pretty doable and I'm getting it down offline, but online I have issues timing the j.6D thanks to 6[C]'s hitstop.

easy way to input the j.6d is doing 76A+B or 96 A+B 

max dmg off non ch throw is 1.9k, you'll know you hit it if you get 8 hits, time to mash harder!

max dmg off non ch throw is 1.9k, you'll know you hit it if you get 8 hits, time to mash harder!

I've gotten 2.2k twice with turbo, i don't remember how many hits though.

I've gotten 2.2k twice with turbo, i don't remember how many hits though.

mines w/o vorpal on 

Anyone else have issues executing his EX arms? The game is super sensitive to inputs or something because I always end up doing EX grab (HCF). Considering its a vital reversal option, I would like to do it consistently.

Does 9JC mean jump cancel?

I'd assume so. It's not all that hard, but is finicky and you'll need to practice it a bit. The basic midscreen combo is just like:

starter > 2CC > 6[C] > jc9 > j.6D > j.A > j.B(2) > 66C > 66 > 2C > 5C > 4B

If they're really far out you can do:

starter > 2C > 5C > 6C > jc9 > j.6D > j.A > j.B(2) > 5BB > (5C sometimes?) > 6C > 214B

If you can't get the airdash you can do something simple like 2CC > j.C > j.A > j.B(2) > 66C > ender, assuming they are close enough.

What's the deal with his 5B? Sometimes I'm getting 5B only while other time I'm getting 5BB.

Nvm, got to press 5B~B fast enough.

Btw what's his pressure like? Poke with 5B/5C?

What's the deal with his 5B? Sometimes I'm getting 5B only while other time I'm getting 5BB.

Nvm, got to press 5B~B fast enough.

Btw what's his pressure like? Poke with 5B/5C?

Pressure is abuse 2A, 2B, 2C to catch mash, then reverse gatling back to 5A after like a 5C and reset pressure. His pressure is actually really strong thanks to how his normals hit and his 5A. Once you get people conditioned you can throw the overhead in (his overhead is stupid good) to catch mash/throw tech.

Assault jC is also ridiculously good. Assault jB isn't bad if you plan to poke but low flight jB is a better choice.

If you need frame traps, 2B>2C and 5A/2A>4B are 2 pretty good ones that you can hitconfirm with 5B>5C afterwards.

Make sure though that 2CC NEVER gets blocked or it's a free punish.

5A,2A and 2C makes his throw game really good too.

Anyone else have issues executing his EX arms? The game is super sensitive to inputs or something because I always end up doing EX grab (HCF). Considering its a vital reversal option, I would like to do it consistently.

It's prolly because you're doing 1236C. Shoutouts to SF4 half circle inputs.

Sometimes the flying attack whiff even though it touches the opponent. Is this due to the character's hitbox or I'm doing it from at a distance that's way too far or a height that is way low? 

The pressure in the corner after combo, 2c 5c 4b 2cc CS is so fucking dangerous. You have time to back off and bait then come in for 3 or 4 highlows with 6dc, empty 6d, 3c/3c fake 2a etc. You also have enough time to airfliht over them as they wakeup which is pretty safe and fall on them with a high JC. That gives time for the snakes to start biting.

Basically 2cc is extremely good and I don't see enough people abusing it yet

Merkava's flight airbox doesn't reach fullscreen. It does have plenty of recovery too so if you whiff it, it's a free punish for the opponent.

During pressure, 2CC is merely a combo filler and should never be used for anything else simply because on block, it can't be canceled into anything and its frame advantage is so bad you will be punished right away.
If you meant 2CC CS on hit however as an okizeme tool, I think that doing 4B CS would be a better idea because the former will make the opponent air tech which can mess up your pace based on how the opponent is willing to air tech. 4B will always lead to a knockdown however so if you want more time to do whatever you want on okizeme, 4B CS should be a better choice.

Unless you meant something else for 2CC ?

Merkava's flight airbox doesn't reach fullscreen. It does have plenty of recovery too so if you whiff it, it's a free punish for the opponent.

I see, thanks! 

Apparently 22A or 22B (not sure which one) is useful for this route

Dash C > FF > 4B > 2C > 5B > 6C > 9jC > jC > jA > jB(2) > Dash C > 22A/B after which you do stuff before going into Dash C//low attack/etc. the moment the worms attack.

source at 20 mins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXCubgyG__0&list=PLIAdFlUveZWPUNuEMJjFmwis-pJlEIUdt&index=10

I see, thanks! 

Dash C > FF > 4B > 2C > 5B > 6C > 9jC > jC > jA > jB(2) > Dash C > 22A/B after which you do stuff before going into Dash C//low attack/etc. the moment the worms attack.

source at 20 mins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXCubgyG__0&list=PLIAdFlUveZWPUNuEMJjFmwis-pJlEIUdt&index=10

Are you sure it's 4B > 2C instead of 4B > 2B?

I see, thanks! 

I've messed with this, and personally I think worms are buttcheeks after this. If you ever end a combo with 66C in the corner, you should go for flight oki instead. It's very strong. Also it's 2B instead of 2C.

Speaking of corner, I'll leave this here:

(starter that is not an A button) > 2C > 623A > 2B > 5B > 6C > j.C > j.A > j.B(2) > 66C > 2C > 5C(might need to use 5B) > 4B.

If you want 4B ender, this is the best combo I have.