Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Merkava

I can't for the life of me get the 8 hits on his grab and I'm mashing as hard as I can. I think there might be some trick to it or something because I don't think I can mash any harder on a pad lol..... that throws going to wear it out quick. 

I found a way to force meaty snakes: you do whatever combo into 66C, then cancel the landing recovery with 22C, that should OTG them with the snake super. Then you can pick them back up with say, 2B 5B 4B and by the time all that is done, the snakes will be attacking. You have to do it without using any wall bounces / OTGs I believe (might work off dive kick starter I'm not sure though). 

Does anyone know if he has frame data anywhere? I'd really like to know what some stuff is on block IE dive kick. 

Okay, so I'm working on my Merkava combos, the general combo path is

Confirm -> 2CC jc9 jC jA jB j2C 2CC 4B B+C.

If I do a divekick to start I can't end on the B+C and instead go for a 236C.

Is this reasonably optimal?

Was wondering the same thing. I tend to drop 2cc jc9 j6D jA jB 66C where I feel 2cc jc9 jC jA jB j2C is impossible to mess up, what are the benefit for the first one ?

For 66C oki in corner, I've been using this : 2B / 5C > 2C > 623A > 2B > 5B > 6C > 9jc > j.C > j.A > j.B(2) > 66C

If you start with 5B, you'll need to 4B after it in order for 2C to connect iirc.

I can't for the life of me get the 8 hits on his grab and I'm mashing as hard as I can. I think there might be some trick to it or something because I don't think I can mash any harder on a pad lol..... that throws going to wear it out quick.

I even had my little sister help me mash and 6 hits is the most i could get. XD

Was wondering the same thing. I tend to drop 2cc jc9 j6D jA jB 66C where I feel 2cc jc9 jC jA jB j2C is impossible to mess up, what are the benefit for the first one ?

In terms of 2CC>j.C versus 2CC>j.6D, the difference midscreen seems to be about 200 damage off 2B starter and about 7 meter. I don't find the 2CC>j.6D all that difficult to pick up, the timing just feels kind of awkward initially, but once you get used to it, it's pretty consistent. I also tend to opt for doing j.6D>j.B(2)>j.A as it's slightly more damage and for whatever reason, is more consistent to me. But any j.C air chain is j.C>j.A>j.B if I cycle through all of them.

I've started on a little thing at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nL-dOatwlZRMoUOhKZyWoQKH_zWtWFcwL9cHEr65k1A/edit#gid=0 (started as a thing just for me so I can make sure to remember combos or any other oddities, but I figure anybody can have access to it really). As you can tell by the large amount of gaps, it's very much a work in process as I really just started on this more or less yesterday, but if anybody would like to contribute, that would be good. I've also made notes of what combos give best damage output and best meter gain depending on positioning as well. I've also left in a lot of non-optimal combos, just incase some of them are easier for others to do, or they just look playful, or in case any new combo route appears from it. [Edit: whoops, I didn't allow anybody to edit, so if anybody tried adding anything, sorry x.x it should be working proper now]

Oh, and as for the throw-8 hits issue; for whatever reason, I seem to do better with mashing and doing a 720 (I dunno why specifically a 720, but it works out better for me, I guess because I'm more focused on getting clean circles).

I found a way to force meaty snakes: you do whatever combo into 66C, then cancel the landing recovery with 22C, that should OTG them with the snake super. Then you can pick them back up with say, 2B 5B 4B and by the time all that is done, the snakes will be attacking. You have to do it without using any wall bounces / OTGs I believe (might work off dive kick starter I'm not sure though). 

Does anyone know if he has frame data anywhere? I'd really like to know what some stuff is on block IE dive kick. 

I can't get this to work =/ Even just doing 2CC>j.C>j.A>j.B(2)>66C>22C>2B>4B, they tech out in between the 2B and 4B =/

But seriously, mash all your buttons and spin your stick like a grappler and you will get 8 hits every time. I have no trouble doing this.

On that note, thank you Elemenope for that doc. I always thought my combos were doing short of 3k midscreen but Merkava is not that kind of character. I've been practice 2CC>j.6D and am able to pull it off semi-concistently but I don't see much benefit yet from my normal midscreen combo besides a little less damage.

I've started on a little thing at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nL-dOatwlZRMoUOhKZyWoQKH_zWtWFcwL9cHEr65k1A/edit#gid=0 (started as a thing just for me so I can make sure to remember combos or any other oddities, but I figure anybody can have access to it really). As you can tell by the large amount of gaps, it's very much a work in process as I really just started on this more or less yesterday, but if anybody would like to contribute, that would be good. I've also made notes of what combos give best damage output and best meter gain depending on positioning as well. I've also left in a lot of non-optimal combos, just incase some of them are easier for others to do, or they just look playful, or in case any new combo route appears from it. [Edit: whoops, I didn't allow anybody to edit, so if anybody tried adding anything, sorry x.x it should be working proper now]

This is great,now everything's all in one place where it's easy to access/read.

Good job!

Great job on the document! For the 66C notation; is that just his running overhead (very similar to 3C)?

Something I'm thinking; end a combo in 236B > 22C, jump back and go for the flight mixup. Is this easily escapable?

Also, what sort of flight oki is everyone doing?

Great job on the document! For the 66C notation; is that just his running overhead (very similar to 3C)?

Something I'm thinking; end a combo in 236B > 22C, jump back and go for the flight mixup. Is this easily escapable?

Also, what sort of flight oki is everyone doing?

Yeah,66C is the dashing C overhead move.

I even had my little sister help me mash and 6 hits is the most i could get. XD

It's not just regular mashing. You have to start spinning the stick rhythmically before the start up of the throw and you need to plink mash the buttons. I've gotten it to come out more consistently this way. 

Been messing around with Merkava a little in training mode.

Really surprised how much fun I'm having with him. Gonna have to learn him for real.

I can't get this to work =/ Even just doing 2CC>j.C>j.A>j.B(2)>66C>22C>2B>4B, they tech out in between the 2B and 4B =/

Hmm works for me, try like... 2B 2C 623A 66C 22C blah blah, should work. 

--------------------

Re the spinny mashy throw, I finally got 8 hits but holy shit you have to mash hard. I don't think I'm going to go for that in a real match just because you have to start mashing so hard as soon as you throw them, so if they break the throw you're kind of in a bad spot already mashing lol

Any of you guys fought a good Gordeau yet? I feel like that matchup might be one of merk's worst because of grim reaper. You really can't do anything in the air unless you're full screen or he can just reaper on reaction, so that eliminates a lot of the fast fly overhead stuff from our arsenal. Kind of forced to play a ground game against him. 

Any of you guys fought a good Gordeau yet? I feel like that matchup might be one of merk's worst because of grim reaper. You really can't do anything in the air unless you're full screen or he can just reaper on reaction, so that eliminates a lot of the fast fly overhead stuff from our arsenal. Kind of forced to play a ground game against him. 

I'm happy to hear this as a Gord mainer ! :toot:

I think Merkava can punish Gord at better ranges than most characters can. Just gotta time shields properly and be less jump happy. If some japanese players think Merkava is #1, then there must be something we are missing.

Can you zone him out? Merkava seems like he has better options than Gordeau at full screen.

Can you zone him out? Merkava seems like he has better options than Gordeau at full screen.

Yeah I think Merk's mid range game is much better than gordeau's. You can dash 5BB to punish whiffed 5C's from gordeau and stuff. To me the matchup feels a lot like fighting Geif in SF4. Just stand around and react to everything he does cause if you jump you die, if you go in when he has meter you die lol. Doesn't help Gord gets 3.5k - 4k + oki off literally everything. 

Also he can reaper merk's 3C on reaction if you do it in block strings I think so.... don't do that >_< 

The good thing is, you have pretty good offense and Gord doesn't have any way out without meter so you can pressure him pretty well.Just try not to jump at all. Ever. Seriously. 

Merkava's JC out of Vorpal does 666 damage lol. Also does anyone know how to input the fly after 66C or 3C? I keep ending up way to high after it to apply any Okie but I see JP players fly right over their heads.

his 4B is the same damage.

As for the fly, it's any up direction twice, and then a down direction quickly. If done properly, the camera won't even pitch out or anything.

Hey Im new to this game it seems fun. How do you get the TK flight with merkava? I see vids of people doing it but have no Idea how they get so low. 

Hey Im new to this game it seems fun. How do you get the TK flight with merkava? I see vids of people doing it but have no Idea how they get so low. 

Jump cancel forward D

Edit: nvm, misread your post

I see jp Merkava use blockstrings such as 3/66C > B+C > 623A. What exactly do they do after that? Do they try to continue pressuring or do they just back off into neutral?