Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Merkava

Yeah kidnap loses to stuff on the way down but has invincibility on the way up, so it will beat meaties barring massive amounts of active frames where as 236C might lose. I kind of use both, but I definitely favor 236C since its mostly safe and you get a combo off of it. 

Also yeah 5BB is nice, catches grounded people and assault. Just make sure to reverse beat it up close cause its like -8 or something terrible. Very punishable by itself. Best normal is still fast fly j.B though... my god that move is amazing. 

So is 3C > B+C a legit frame trap? I've seen jp Merkavas use it awhile back and everyone respected it but when I'm trying to do it, everyone was able to mash out of it.

whatever the case may be i would never do that. B+C is a terrible move and is like -11. the frametrap you get from 3c, late delay j214a, 5a in the corner is actually godlike. learn the timing on that

How did he get hit by every Fly meaty? The unreal black things mean you can't shield and punish, sure, but you can block

because the way SKD plays is he wants to DP or read that youre going to bait the DP and press 2b on wakeup to gain control of you baiting him. by flying upback it makes it so he cannot DP. he was probably trying to DP the flys on reaction and got hit.

Can I get some clarification in regards to some general questions on Merk's flight oki. 

1) The common set up for this is a 66c cancelled into a 22c or 4b to 22c right? Is the 22 necessary after the overhead or are there other entries to the flight oki? 

2) If I want to bait a dp, am I able to whiff a normal as they're getting up so I land and am able to block prior to the DP coming out or do I want to fly high and away like Jailhouse did in the video posted above?

3) Can anyone link some matches that shows good flight oki usage. I try to copy as much as I can from TatsuE but a lot of his uniel footage seems to be in big tournament uploads so I'm having trouble finding a lot of material. 

Can I get some clarification in regards to some general questions on Merk's flight oki.

66C creates the most frame advantage on knockdown. It creates more the higher up the victim is when 66C connects due to the time it takes for the victim to hit the ground. If done towards the end of combos, you can safejump with 882 > j.B for frame advantage and pressure. This is done against teching, but not inputless standing. Because Merkava excels at neutral, this is just fine, I find.

22C is fun. In neutral, it can force someone into air TOO LATE, and it can be done in 2B(2),2CC,dl4B xx 22C otg 2B,5B,4B for okay damage and meaty biters. Not sure if the oki is good enough to warrant the meter spent. You can do some fun stuff with the setup, however.

66C/3C > delay fireball is the god, use that if you get blocked.

I already explained flight oki on page one but yeah, it's 66C then quickfly > safejump or whiff low. Easy. 22C can force respect in some cases and let you get a better mix up, but it's still not great because meter cost. If you have nothing else to spend meter on go ahead. If you block or they hit the worms they go away, so you'll have to put yourself in a position to make the call, whether that's up close or far away.

because he's the most godlike character(behind Yuzu of course) and I need another character to use while learning Yuzuriha, I decided to pick up Birdman. I'd rather not look through six pages of content, so can I have small combo list and any other important notes if it's not too much trouble.

I am having trouble with 2CC, j.C, j.A, j.B, land, 3C.  Either I do the 3C too early and get a divekick or it comes out too late and the tech out.  What is the right timing to land the 3C?

I am going to try to post more videos.  I recorded 5 matches in a row and played against Wolfkrone.  I won all of these matches, but I know I most likely shouldn't have.  I am going to start working on snake setups and other things on the next video.  Please let me know what I am screwing up on so I can get better!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBssBTuCllc&feature=youtu.be

because he's the most godlike character(behind Yuzu of course) and I need another character to use while learning Yuzuriha, I decided to pick up Birdman. I'd rather not look through six pages of content, so can I have small combo list and any other important notes if it's not too much trouble.

It's all in the manual.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nL-dOatwlZRMoUOhKZyWoQKH_zWtWFcwL9cHEr65k1A/edit#gid=0

I am having trouble with 2CC, j.C, j.A, j.B, land, 3C.  Either I do the 3C too early and get a divekick or it comes out too late and the tech out.  What is the right timing to land the 3C?

It should be 66C; since it's faster, you're less likely to drop the combo.

Anyone have ideas for good blockstrings? I've been having trouble keeping them going and merkava's mixups arent the best. Its pretty much the last hurdle I have to go through with this character and I've pretty much learned most things I need to know.

5BB 4B 5AA 236A is pretty much what I tend to use as a blockstring, though it feels that simply hitting your blocking opponent isn't such a good idea when they can get tons of GRD with Shield, so I usually just go back to neutral or fish for counter-hits. I also have just a bit over 100 games played with Merkava, so who am I to tell people what to do.

So where does the midscreen [ start > 2cc > 6( C ) > j.6d > j.a > j.b(2) > 66c > end ] fit in for Merkava? I think on page 1 it was said to be his midscreen bnb but looking at the manual it isn't the best damage or meter gain. This seems like the best midscreen corner carry and the damage isn't that much lower than the optimal ones in the manual but I just want to make sure I'm using it for the right reasons. 

Some more videos of my bad Merkava.  I would love some advice if anyone would like to take the time to watch my gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3YVtLdGL6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD7ljs3SWOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMy2HWMvoUI

Ending your combos in 214B all the time resets momentum. Go for more 4B enders. And don't do 2CC on block.

66C/3C > delay fireball is the god, use that if you get blocked.

I already explained flight oki on page one but yeah, it's 66C then quickfly > safejump or whiff low. Easy. 22C can force respect in some cases and let you get a better mix up, but it's still not great because meter cost. If you have nothing else to spend meter on go ahead. If you block or they hit the worms they go away, so you'll have to put yourself in a position to make the call, whether that's up close or far away.

66C > B+C > 623A is another good one if you're in the corner. If they get hit by 66C or try to mash in between that and B+C they will get spun around town.

Added BnBs to the wiki. It is strictly BnBs (that's what the wiki is for, not every combo known to man he has) so if something needs to be added just yell at me or add it yourself.

I could probably whip up a quick intro/strategy write-up for the wiki.I'll try to get it up next week so people can also proofread/edit at will.

Ending your combos in 214B all the time resets momentum. Go for more 4B enders. And don't do 2CC on block.

This, but also to add, 4B 236A does just as much if not more damage and still lets you pressure them when they air tech. I like 236A ender into jumping over their tech into flight, its like some ghetto flight oki.