Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Vatista

v65aDXY.jpg

Introduction
Welcome to the Vatista thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Pre-Match Character Description:
She serves. An innocent piece slumbers through the perpetual. As a marionette
without free will.
The master she never saw. The only order deeply engraved in her soul.
Tonight, the blind marionette waddles toward the sound of clapping hands.
The end of the peace is the beginning of the battle. To exterminate immortals.

Vatista Wiki Page

Notable Players
Atepo
Wako
Koishi
Nekomiko

For some reason the link you posted cut off the last parentheses so it leads to the wrong page. Letting you know so you can edit it.  That wiki is extremely helpful.

Anyway lets start the VATISTA ARMY HYPE!!

I was able to get my hands on the game early in the arcades in Japan when I visited two weeks ago.  Got to play, test and learn quite a bit about Vatista.  From what I experienced she will have an above average learning curve but her damage, neutral, and mixup are all quite strong.

She is a lot of fun. I can't wait to get easier access to training mode so I can grind out her more advanced combos.

Woops, thanks for the heads up.  Lol, that learning curve is going to kill me but, it should be worth it in the end.  One more week!

Pre-Match Character Description:

She serves. An innocent piece slumbers through the perpertual. As a marionette
without free will.
The master she never saw. The only order deeply engraved in her soul.
Tonight, the blind marionette waddles toward the sound of clapping hands.
The end of the peace is the beginning of the battle. To exterminate immortals.

So what have people been finding for (8)2B overhead setups. Everyone knows you can do jump in j.c delay 2B and chain shift buffer it but has anyone found better setups yet?

I saw some Japanese players do it on wakeup when the opponent was scared of dp which was hilarious. Also saw one do jump in on their wakeup air drop a bomb and then do it (leads to massive damage).

I think this move and her bombs are what will really make Vatista scary in the long run.

It's free wins atm tho if you just sit there and wait for them to jump on you lol.

i remember seeing in videos ppl doing somthing like dash C>[FF]>[8]2B, cant remember in which videos exactly tho

Vatsita's j.C is p cool, decent jump in and j.C starters can always end with [8]2C or Babababa (B+C)

Is it weird that I didn't pay much attention to her until I heard her "purupuru" and "babababa" spamming?

Anyway, from various matches I saw, she initially looks like a kind of "zoning" character, but I don't remember she managed to win against other characters with long range tool (that Yuzuriha or Merkava). Seems like her only strong point is her bomb oki?

am I the only one flailing around trying to understand how to detonate bombs that doesn't consist of hitting them with a normal? Or is that the only way? I keep seeing releasing the button detonates it but that just sets it up.

or am I just understanding it wrong?

It isn't just normals. Any special move and even Veil Off set the bombs off. But yeah you need to hit them with something so no manual detonation.

They will also go off if another bomb's exploding hitbox collides with them so you can potentially cover a lot of the screen with 3 bombs if you space them correctly.

Also does anyone have any tips on nailing the timing for the bombs during combos? It's about the last wall I need to climb over before I can really be comfortable playing this character.

What's your problem exactly? What combo are you trying to do? For me I was just releasing the buttons way too fast, there's quite a big delay between the OTG pickup and the bomb release or else it eats the input. Other than that I guess it's just practice, I spent most of my UNI time so far in training mode with Vatista and finally starting to nail the combos, then again my execution is generally weak. She's probably the most fun I've had in a fighting game before though, and I don't usually like charge characters.

if it's after the OTG, then yea what Dere said. you have to wait for that 5C to hit to release the button. I've noticed if you also try to cancel out of her 5B or 2B before both hits, you won't get the next normal. Both hits are special cancelable but you can't reverse beat/chain into the next normal until after the second hit. same applies to jump canceling off 5B/2B.

also i'm curious. Can Vartista charge partition? I've been told she can but i'm not able to do so.

I'm doing it just fine in training right now. Iunno what'd be confusing or weird about doing it. Just input it like you would anywhere else.