Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Vatista

Vatista vs Hilda is Rachel vs Nu from BBCT.  Don't try to play ranged against her - her tools are more immediate, and she can actually pick up at a distance.  You have to play patiently until you get in, and then ride her till she breaks.

im playing on pad too, i just mapped the buttons to

triangule = A

R1 =B

R2=C

circle =D

the only problem is that r2 canget quite noisy, you may change it to L1 or something

Found something curious that I haven't seen documented anywhere, but it's probably not particularly useful.  Vatista can apparently empty cancel a laser into EX laser before the first one even hits:

th_doublelaser.png

For demonstration purposes: B laser empty-canceled into EX.  The timing is tight ([6]4B~C), you have to hit C right as the first laser appears as a solid white beam.  You can do this with A laser into EX as well, though the only practical purpose would probably be for maximizing damage in combos.  Doesn't seem possible to link two normal lasers.

Edit: seems this works with laser xx any EX that can share a charge input.  It works with Vatista's flash kick ([3]4B~8C).  Probably works with drill as well.

Yeah there is some kind of leeway in the charge hold in this game. Several times I have gotten dash 46a and yesterday once I got assault 46c -___-

I have seen atepo do combos ending in 2a 5c 28c before so it must be something that can be used to our advantage.

Also not sure if you guys saw this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofIE3-tXWHQ

It is about bonus proration on combos after they start with projectiles.  It is extremely easy for Vat to abuse by doing 64a super.

It has to be done as fast as possible tho for the bonus proration so no hitconfirming or anything.  However when done right it bumps up the damage significantly.

Nice, I'll try that out once I get home.

I just started playing Vatista yesterday and really like how this character controls space. Still trying to get acclimated with charge partitioning but feel learning this character in the long run will be worth it. I've also watched the Atepo vs Hyde long set about 5 times trying absorb all the crazy stuff he does.

More lab work:

It turns out you don't need to press 6 at all to get the super cancel.

You can actually just do:

- Laser XX 7C

- Laser XX 4C

- Laser XX 1C

The forward charge is still carried for a few frames so it is sufficient to just press back+C to activiate the super.

On the subject of charge inputs:

With Vorpal, Vatista has more things she can Chain Shift Punish thanks to her air drill super having noticably lower charge times than her ground super moves.

The most prominent example is that you happen to be in the air when grim reaper is coming. Chain Shift > Drill Super that shit for free.

I can't believe you actually have me practicing this now lol. Also probably old news but you can jump install repeated 5As by holding up...as well as building a charge. Though since you can't cancel 5A it doesn't really matter too much.

Edit: I recommend using 1C for the most results, I can get this pretty consistently now.

Double edit: lmao French Bread actually discussing Vatista's old bit loop and bit blockstrings inside the game files.

Grinded out her VO combos.

The most difficult part is getting the right height so that your VO misses your opponent but detonates the Fragmentum.

General VO combo is something like

2C > 5C > jc[9] > j.A > j.B > j.]8[2[A] > 2[C] > delay 5B (1 hit) > 5]A[ > 5A > 5BB (detonate) > 5]C[ > VO (hold for a bit) > j.[9]C > j.FF > j.]8[2C > IW

In bold is the part that is most difficult to time and will take practice until you can execute it with no problems. Underlined are the particularly nasty parts.

Delaying the 5B is crucial otherwise the 5BB (detonate) will not connect.

After that, timing your VO so that you get the right height is the next hurdle.

Good luck.

I've been doing delay 5B 2 hits in mine. Works consistently for me but either works.  I also use 2c bomb instead of 5c bomb. Again either works I just find the timing easier with a 2c bomb for hitting them with the Veil Off bomb explosion.

You can do j.82c 64c IW as an ender for max damage.

Yeah. The different variations are nice and I think are worth testing for every character. There might be slight changes to make timing easier on certain characters.

I've been doing delay 5B 2 hits in mine. Works consistently for me but either works.  I also use 2c bomb instead of 5c bomb. Again either works I just find the timing easier with a 2c bomb for hitting them with the Veil Off bomb explosion.

You can do j.82c 64c IW as an ender for max damage.

This is the same variation I've been messing with as well. Trying to 5C bomb screws me over, since I'm more comfortable downbacking while doing that combo.

I am curious as to what combo you guys do from, let's say, nearly max range 5B > 5C. I tend to just flail around and throw a bomb but feel like there's more I should probably be doing.

Nearly max range 5b 5c I just go 2c B+C(hold B+C and 3) into EX flashkick, does about 3k. Without meter it's around 2k and they get to air tech so you might want to 2c into bomb oki instead.

If you're closer you can do 5b 5c 2c 5a and go into air combo.

You could also start charging backwards while doing 5b 5c and then do 2c into B lumen. Damage is ass but sends them flying full screen which could be good in some matchups?

Anyway, Vatista doesn't really have very good options from her max range and even less so if you used your 5c already.

The Atepo confirm off of max range 2b/5b is 2b 2c (whiff) 2a dash 2a 5b j.b j.c land j.a j.b j.c j.82a (2a 28c)/bombdrop

Its really hard though at max range. You have to be fast with the whiff 2a dash 2a part.  

Deres confirm is a lot safer and really good.

I prefer to go for 2b 2c ff(9) j.82c dash jump j.b j.c j.82a 2c (2b 28c)/bombdrop with meter though since I really like setting up bomb oki. Its almost 4k if you burn the 200% meter too lol.

Ah I've seen that from a different player but with 2c instead of 2a after the dash, couldn't ever do it myself from max range but with 2a the timing feels a bit more lenient now. I suppose you can't do bomb combos off that confirm though? I can't seem to land 2a after the 2c otg. Either way it's still a better meterless option than the FF. With meter it seems it deals less damage than the FF but you don't lose GRD so I guess it depends on the situation. Hit confirming looks rough tough!

I haven't found any bomb combos from 2b 2c too much proration I guess. Off of raw far range 2c tho you can do 2c whiff 2a 5b j.b j.82(a) 2© 5b 5]a[ 5a 5bb 2]c[ 2b 28b.

Again tho confirming that is harrrdddd.

I've been using this one:

5a 5b 2c 5c delay j.A j.B(H) A-drill 2c(H) release B 2a 2b release C, wait for them to fall a little, j.C j.B(H) land j.C A drill release B

Does around 3k and if timed right is confirmed reversal safe against Hyde, Eltnum and Akatsuki (didn't try against the rest but I suppose it'd be safe as well)

Only problem with this combo is that it seems really finnicky? The timing on the ender is character specific (I think some characters might fall faster? or maybe it's just a hitbox thing) and it gets even harder if you have to use j.B j.C instead of j.A j.B because of proration. And of course if you release the last bomb even a tiny bit too late you can get punished.

On that note I've been testing with dummies and it seems Vatista BNBs themselves are somewhat char specific in their timing. Practicing on Linne the j.A j.B and j.B j.C routes seem almost universal except j.A almost always whiffs on Nanase (it's still possible but you have to delay it a lot and sometimes drill will whiff) and j.B j.C sometimes whiffs on Sion. 2C OTG also has to be delayed against Orie, Merkava and Walden.

Do you have any tips for getting the bomb out fast enough? Does the height of the A drill matter for the knockdown or anything? I can't seem to get the bomb out in time, is it just a tight timing I need to learn after A drill?

EDIT: Also where should I be looking for combos off different confirms? Assault in particular is proving difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73EDkXrc6lQ#t=153

Really far 5A confirm:

Same combo listed before but here it is again:

5A (hitconfirm) > 2B > 2C > 2A whiff,

dash 2A > 2B > jc9 > j.B > j.C > j.A > land > j.[9]A > j.B > j.]8[[2]A > [2]A > ]2[8C

I just tried practicing this and it's exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks again!

@ TheArm: Excuse me but what does " ff(9)" mean in the preferred combo you posted? I also like the Atepo 5B/2B starter you posted and will try implementing that in my game as well.

Do you have any tips for getting the bomb out fast enough? Does the height of the A drill matter for the knockdown or anything? I can't seem to get the bomb out in time, is it just a tight timing I need to learn after A drill?

EDIT: Also where should I be looking for combos off different confirms? Assault in particular is proving difficult.

You mean the bomb after the 2c OTG? Are you getting the bomb off but 2a doesn't connect? If you're getting the 2c OTG hit then the timing on the drill shouldn't be the problem, try practicing 2c into bomb cancels by themselves to get it as early as possible, it's not especially tight or anything but it does have a timing.

For assault you have to go straight into 2c 5c after the aerial and then do delay j.B(H) A drill into the ender of choice.

2c 5c delay j.A j.B(H) also works with the ender above but adds too much proration for a few others.