Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Seth

At least it gives an chance to set an air orb? Take this with a grain of salt, still don't own the game.

I believe it does.. but like i said he's too far away to really get anything started..

What am i looking at here? Im a bit lost..

Maybe that he did a blockstring: 2A > 66C (crossed up) > 623A (reversed). So the 66C cross up works up close not only on wake up.

Maybe that he did a blockstring: 2A > 66C (crossed up) > 623A (reversed). So the 66C cross up works up close not only on wake up.

I don't think that's it. 

I too am confused about what's being pointed out here - the combo is already outdated, the setup itself is straight forward and commonly known. Also the time signature notation is wrong, fyi.

Soooo, i just picked up this game, and im really liking it. but i just have one complaint, why didnt they set a macros for AB? i play on pad an its hard to do the airdashes quickly to bait the oponent. specially when i want to do stuff like 44>66>22 os things like that. i guess ill just have to grind in the lab, any tips on how you guys input them? using a different macros maybe? thanks guys

Soooo, i just picked up this game, and im really liking it. but i just have one complaint, why didnt they set a macros for AB? i play on pad an its hard to do the airdashes quickly to bait the oponent. specially when i want to do stuff like 44>66>22 os things like that. i guess ill just have to grind in the lab, any tips on how you guys input them? using a different macros maybe? thanks guys

I generally just use 4A+B, 6A+B etc.. it shouldn't be that hard to do on pad IMO. You'll get used to it.

Also, found something weird with Seth's j.214A on CH:

i tried doing CH j.214A > 5B > 623A > 5B > 623B > 214AC > 6C and it doesn't work when i try to land the 6C. I try it again at a lower height and it works. Here's where it gets weird: This combo works if i can get the 1st hit of j.214A alone BUT it also works if i get both hits to land but at a lower height. What doesn't make any sense is that CH j.214A and CH j.214A at a lower height shouldn't matter that much because it's the same combo and both hits are landing from j.214A. This is something that bothers me. 

Don't know if this is well-known already but any explanation to this is welcome. 

Finally got the game, so I come here with a question?

Whats's the easiest and more stable bnb that leads to a 6C knockdown?

You got the game? Nice..

Anyways, i'd say the 5B > 5C > 214CC > 6C route is the most stable BnB. This also works after 5A or 2A into 5C.

Just curious here... who actually still plays Seth in UNiEL? lol.. i sort of gave up on the game and i mainly focus on GG at the moment. Also Noticed that this forum has been pretty dead lately..

For the last months before the release I've been questioning If I really like the game, being more ground-centered, and after testing enough . . . well, I rememebered why I didn't FGs in the past (in my country there were only ground-centered FGs): I don't like them if there's no air game and air dashes.

Sorry for not playing you buddy, and even knowing that French Bread made this game (Melty Blood is an awesome but very niche airdasher), and the fact that Seth requieres a high execution for low reward things and lag kills him completely, makes me want to stay away from this game until it becomes an airdasher in the next iteration (if it happens).

Been subbing a lot of other chars casuals for the last few months - I've come to the conclusion that Seth is actually just really boring to play. I still like doing labwork with him but it's very disheartening after watching the way Kai fought Senaru / TatsuE / GO1 at Over The World lol.

If you pay attention to how he beats TatsuE in particular, you'll find zero information on how to play the match up, because Kai doesn't actually play neutral. The entire set was him getting hit / thrown / forced to block on initiation, then eventually blocking until TatsuE was minus, then started pressuring lol. 

Been subbing a lot of other chars casuals for the last few months - I've come to the conclusion that Seth is actually just really boring to play. I still like doing labwork with him but it's very disheartening after watching the way Kai fought Senaru / TatsuE / GO1 at Over The World lol.

If you pay attention to how he beats TatsuE in particular, you'll find zero information on how to play the match up, because Kai doesn't actually play neutral. The entire set was him getting hit / thrown / forced to block on initiation, then eventually blocking until TatsuE was minus, then started pressuring lol. 

Links?

Total noob problem but, when I'm doing Seth's BnB, I get to the part where he does 6C->j.236 B->214A.

I used to be able to do this but now that I'm thinking about it, I can no longer seem to get the dive (214A) to occur after the orb placement (j.236B). 

I tried doing it as soon as possible with input display on and it says I did it correctly but still nothing happened. When I tried doing it after a delay, it came out but the opponent teched before it could reach. If any one can explain what to shot for with this input I would really appreciate it.

I usually just wait until Seth is done placing the orb to do the dive input. It's not actually all that strict, timing-wise, but it can be somewhat annoying.

To be sure, when you say BnB, I'm assuming you mean something like (5A >) 5B > 5C > 214X~[C] > 6C > etc., right?

So where do we go for our Seth footage? is there anything like the video threads in the GG BB and P4U2 forums? I need to download me a good Seth soon. P=

I usually just wait until Seth is done placing the orb to do the dive input. It's not actually all that strict, timing-wise, but it can be somewhat annoying.

To be sure, when you say BnB, I'm assuming you mean something like (5A >) 5B > 5C > 214X~[C] > 6C > etc., right?

Thank you. After testing the timing out for the raw 6C>j.236B>j.214A I did notice that it would not come out untill i saw Seth's hand start to move back after placing the orb. I thought he started to recover when the orb stopped moving but there are actually a few frames after that where you still cannot do it.

Round start what do you guys usually do?

Go in hard or place an orb and run around waiting for something

I mix in 66C, dash>block/5A, and Backdash>air Orb B>[air backdash>assault>214A/B]/[fastfall]/air backdash>fastfall/214A/214B]

But I'm terrible, so you should do something better than that.

dash C, dash (buffered block), dash (watch what they do and react), and backdash, as Myoro mentioned, are all good universal options, also shield, or dash shield, is nice too.

after that I think its just more player / character specific.

Sometimes 623A/B at round start are good, especially if they beat the opponents round start options, and can catch various things. Very player/character specific though.

EX DP is also useful to call out round start options, like Yuzu, Merkava, etc. 

Assault or jump forward can also be okay against chars that like to throw low hitting far pokes 

jump back into orb set or various things based on what they do can also work if its a character that cant punish it well.

A note, Dash C whiffs against wakeup backdash, however, it still usually leaves you plus anyway so it's still okay to do in order to beat DPs. However, Linne and Gordeau's backdash are so fast that they can backdash the meaty 66C and be at least +1 after the whiff. You can throw to punish any 5F normals they throw out, but other than blocking, that seems to be the only real option. Though since the orb is behind them, blocking isn't the end of the world. 

Unless anyone has figured out alternatives ofc.