Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Seth

There's a TON of combo information available but not much filtering. I figured I'd go ahead and write out my own personal findings of which routes etc I feel are integral and worth concentrating on, and neutral game stuff. I think a lot of people already know this stuff, but it should help people who are just picking this character up and have no idea what they're doing, since written information beyond a list of combos / moves is practically nonexistent, and this character is so much more than that.

Combos:

214C~C > 6C route

You basically want to go into this whenever possible. The damage is good and it ends in oki. 

A full notation example using a midscreen 5A starter:

5A > 5B > 5C > 214C~C > 6C > j.236B > j.214A > 214B~B > [stuff] > Orb Hits > 6C > j.236B.

The [stuff] section is basically anything that hits them enough to buy time till the orb you made earlier hits. The basic easy one is  214B~B > 22 > 2C(1) > 623A > Orb Hits > j.236B. You actually have a good amount of time to link that 2C, so executionally I find this one easiest, since you can visually watch them drop and time your 2C as they fall near.

Once you get the hang of this, I personally suggest using this route midscreen: 214B~B > 22 > dash C > Orb Hits > 6C > etc. The reason I suggest this one if you can do it is because you can go into an unblockable setup extremely easily from this. The timing is a bit stricter. I haven't confirmed it, but either his 22 fastfall is dash cancellable or it just psychologically is really easy to time if you immediately input 6 6+C right after doing 22 (or 2 A+B). In any case in my personal experience, taking your time with the 214B~B > 22 link, and then executing the dash 66C quickly works much better than the other way around. Also if you want, you can cancel 6C into BC for a charge in the middle of the combo.

The third common way to fill midscreen is with 214B~B > back airdash OR delay j.214A. This route is nice because if you're bad at getting your 22 out, you don't have to worry about it here. It's a bit easier on the hands so if you're having a lot of trouble, try this route.

If you're having trouble with the 214C~C > 6C link, if you look at the opponent who's being stunned by 214C, you'll see that the initial "stunned" effect diminishes right about the time you need to input 6C. If you're having trouble with this link, try that as a visual queue. Alternatively, looking for when seth recovers from 214C~C looks viable too.

Also if you're not getting your first j.236B > j.214A link, try doing it later than you might expect. 

The main issue with this 214C~C > 6C route is that it only links from certain starters. The big one is that 2A into a B then a C before 214C won't combo. You need to do 2A > 5C straight into 214C or something similar if you want it from a 2A starter. This actually influences the way you poke and do block strings if you're looking for something good from 2A (unless you're just a god at confirming off of single 2A hit Kappa). If you are combos off of 2A and you're not confident you can hit / block confirm well enough, that's when you should start looking for alternate combos.

Unblockable Route - ~214B~B > 22 > dash C > Orb Hits > 236A/B > EX Command Grab > j.2C > j.214B (Orb forces block inbetween j.2C and j.214B)

Really straight forward unblockable setup (in case you don't know, j.214B throws them even in block stun) and one of the main reason I'm going to list comboing off of j.214B > CS as an essential thing to know how to do. If you're already familiar with the dash C version of the midscreen BnB, adding this ender on is really great. Gives you ~4.5k total for using one super :).

Note that if you are not close enough after dash C, you won't reach with EX command grab. If you're having issues with this, hold your 66 input for a bit before pressing C, gauging the height as they fall. You want to hit them as low to the ground as possible so that you have more time to dash and get closer to them to be in range.

Air to air stuff > j.B > j.C > j.214A > 214B~B > j.236B

Doing oki off this setup can be a bit more awkward than the 6C > j.236B route, and seems to be less prefered, but it's an extremely crucial combo route to know. If you had to many ground hits etc to do 214C~C > 6C, this is the route you want to do instead. 

The main issue you may come across is that when you do j.214A too high in the air, it either becomes really obnoxious to actually special cancel into 214B, and sometimes nothing will come out. Other times, 214B~B won't combo, even when the proration etc is fine, just due to positioning. As a result, you want them to be as low as possible before doing j.214A. You can do this either by delaying your jump normals or adding extra normals in (doing j.A > j.C > j.B for example). If you're not sure whether it's going to work as an ender, remember that the ender is probably the most essential part of any Seth combo. If you don't know, try using the alternative of j.214A > land > 236A/B (for when you're unsure if 214B~B will combo) OR canceling your jump normal into j.236A/B). 

j.214B > CS > Assault j.A > delay j.B/j.C > 2C(1) > 214C~C > 6C > etc

Since a lot of his gameplay runs around unblockables and the threat of unblockables, it's extremely important to know how to get damage off of landing your B dive. Comboing off of it via CS is one of the easiest ways. During CS, you have a huge buffer window, so you can input your j.6D fairly early during the CS flash and be assured that your assault will come out properly and as early as you need it to. The j.A afterwards can generally just be done early, with a big amount of delay before the j.B. You generally will want to use j.B, but use j.C on light characters. You don't need to delay much if using j.C. 

Corner: Stuff > 214C~C > 6C > j.236B > j.214A > 623B into corner > 623A out of corner > 236C > (236A/B)

Really basic easy corner unblockable setup. Just watch what they do and then confirm into B dive once they block EX orb, or combo if they flailed. Can omit the 236C and just do a basic 6C ender which makes this an easy corner combo as well.

Airhit 5B > 623B routes

Note that a lot of the time, you need to slightly delay 623B. If you cancel immediately, the followup into 214A/C ~ C will whiff because they're too high (char specific I'm sure).

Neutral Game

Orbs 

Throwing orbs around is obviously a big part of your neutral game, but learning how to play around with your orbs involves more than just chucking them and waiting for people to run into them.

Before I forget: backdash / jump back / etc into j.236B is really nice. It often puts the orb off screen, and can confuse people a lot as to whether or not you actually have an orb out (assault forward or dive or whatnot to move the orb completely off screen if it isn't already)

In general one of the common effective strategies involving orb is to basically get them to block BEFORE the orb in some fashion or another.

Common things after setting an air orb are flipping around a bit and stalling in the air, then forcing block with A Dive. Though it's minus, you can cancel it into any other special move, so you can do all kinds of silly things. The "honest" option is A Dive > 623A/B > Orb forces block. After the orb forces them to block, you recover from you slash and can start doing pressure. If the dive hit or they mashed before 623X, the 623X will combo into the orb and you can just do 6C > j.236B > etc. Off of dive you can also do things like 214B~B > B Dive for an unblockable while they block the Orb, or if they're scared of mashing after A dive, you could just recover and raw TK B Dive while they block the orb. A Dive > Command Throw is also a thing.

If they're not putting themselves into A Dive / j.2C range, you can also choose to approach from the ground, especially if you fast falled after feinting an air approach. Most commonly, dash C > 623A/B is really effective and similar to the A Dive one, You just want them to stay put and confirm from orb block, and then if they respect that, do silly crap instead.

If they approach you and try and attack you by running under your dive, you can instead just come down with j.C or j.B or j.2C to intercept that approach. Since you have great air options, it's pretty hard for your opponent to properly anti air, not to mention the fact that you don't have to worry about which side you're hitting from with j.C/B. Also whiffing j.2C or A/B Dive can get you out if you DO fear being stuck. Though there is recover, you also have that orb to cover you. Particularly good to remember if you're already out of air options and they're approaching from an awkward angle.

Similarly after oki, if they're respecting the orb you set, you can also be gimmicky and after normal or two, do a B Dive as the orb is coming to unblockable. If they're wary they can mash you out or jump possibly, but it's still worth mentioning as an overall thing to keep in mind - if you think they're going to end up blocking an orb and you are in position, B Dive. You're more than welcome to go for a mixup instead (which is better reward to be fair), but I don't think any of us will complain about free damage when it presents itself.

About Orb and Crossing Up

I posted in on twitter already, but if you didn't know, I wouldn't recommend trying to mix them up with the Orb ITSELF. Orb has special crossup protection in that as long as you are holding away from where the orb is coming from, you will block it, even if that means walking straight towards your opponent. If the orb is behind you and you hold [6] you will block. Hence the only way for the orb to hit them is if you cross them up with an orb that was originally behind them such that they are now walking forward AND walking towards the orb. This will still hit them, but it's less of a "mixup" and more of a "gimmick". They can always pay attention to the source of the orb and change block directions to [4] the orb regardless of what you're doing.

5C

Be careful when you use this normal in footsies. 5C actually whiff cancels to 5CC, meaning that if you try and immediately buffer a 214C to yomi confirm the 5C poke, if the 5C whiffs, you'll get a 5CC to come out instantly, so don't be surprised if you see it. 

Blockstrings

Though reverse beat pressure isn't TERRIBLE, I generally see Rion and other Seth's mainly going for 214X mixups from their normals. the 214X series generally needs to be respected by the opponent. If they try and mash, the A followup will auto counter anything they do that isn't invincible. The C followup will also blow up slow mashing. In general if they flail and you do the B followup into A Dive, they'll also just get blown up, especially considering you can cross them up.

Once in the air, the A Dive > 623B string seems to be very strong, as mentioned above. On hit, you get a nice combo that's easily confirmable, and it blows up anyone who tries to mash after A Dive. If they respect A Dive on block, you can basically do whatever you want, so use j.214A > 623B to condition them. 

214X ~ B into make a fireball is great too. After making the air fireball, you can dive like mentioned above, and you'll have an orb to cover what you do. If they try and run out, you can fastfall or air backdash and chase them. 

There's literally an endless amount of possibilities, but i'll just say that on top of all of that stuff, raw 214X with no followup is also decent. The timing differences on 214B and C can really throw people off, and sometimes a simple string into 214C > j.B/j.C works wonders.

Chain Shift

Chain shifting with Seth is really strong, and a necessary tool to understand in a lot of matchups that involve you not doing much other than winning the Vorpal War while blocking. I won't pretend to be an expert so I'll just say that you'll often see Rion / etc go for things like YOLO 623B into CS to get in. It has a decent hitbox so you get something nice on hit, and on block with CS you can start making something happen. 

I've written a crapload so I'll stop here. I don't really pretend to be an expert on Seth, and please don't assuming everything I wrote is all there is to the character nor 100% accurate, but I think this will help Seth players who aren't sure where to start or simply haven't put in the number of hours some of us already have in this character. Hopefully this will help reduce the need for every new Seth player having to re-invent the wheel from the ground up

Really solid post; Seth players should definitely read what Brett said if you need a place to get started or want to understand his combos/setups a little better.

Couple of things I could add. In his midscreen combos I prefer the 66C>Orb>6C route because it leaves you closer to the opponent which feels a bit more threatening. Also worth noting that you can always do 21[4] in his bnbs for a free sideswap. 

j214A>623A feels difficult to punish on block and leads to a full combo on hit without having to use CS by linking 2B; if you're able to make the opponent block it even without an orb out it is pretty low risk/high reward. Keep in mind that if for some reason you whiff the 2nd hit of j214A you can't special cancel so in an iffy situation you probably want to have CS to make j214A safe.

Remember that when you air tech in UNIEL you can't act until you reach the ground so keep that in mind with his 214>j236B setups. Ideally you want to chase their tech, so if they air tech forward an air backdash will let you chase them to the ground. If they neutral tech you want to either 2A+B fast fall or you can also use air bdash + assault in conjunction with fast fall to disorient the opponent. If they tech away you can immediately fast fall and chase them. j236C is also great even outside of guaranteed setups both after a knockdown and in neutral to keep yourself extremely safe since you can have both a B orb as well as the EX orb out. There's also a bunch of other setups you can do between using j236A/B during an air combo or j214A>236A to keep your opponent on their feet.

As far as pressure goes, I think Rion's usage of 214 in his blockstrings is is characteristic of his style and its definitely a really strong and stable option. I do think that Seth has the ability to play a really strong pressure game outside of it as well between his normals and assault usage. In particular his 5B and 2C have great range and I feel like I get a lot of mileage out using them from a character length away and reverse beating with 5A/2A. It's also worth mentioning that 5A/2A/2B/2C are all very slightly minus or neutral on block, and if you use 2C>5A reverse beat and happen to connect the the 2C you can freely go into an air combo back into 2C(1)>214[C]. Throw also has great reward especially with Seth's speed, and his assault jC is great as well so you can set up a very basic but strong throw/throw bait game. 

I'll also note that its really crucial to understand how Seth's movement options affect GRD. I think Seth absolutely has one of the best backdashes in the game, especially with the freedom to stay grounded after the first flip (Hold 1). If you watch Rion play you'll sometimes see him just backdash several times to return to a safe distance in neutral despite the GRD loss. Seth basically only takes the GRD loss of one backdash while getting the length of two. In addition, his air backdash doesn't have a GRD penalty and in many situations Seth also has the ability to maneuver forward/backward as he falls which further influences his control over the GRD. Put this together with the forward movement of j236B and the variable distance of j214A and you have a lot of things to think about in terms of how much GRD both you and opponent are gaining/losing from your decisions in neutral. Rion has a very basic flowchart in neutral with varying paths that generally consists of something like Backdash>j236B>Air Backdash>Assault>j214A>623A. You might notice that it's a pattern that times itself with the orb connecting which has an obvious reward in safely getting in with the opponent forced to block, but between all the small forward movement he actually gains a surprising amount of GRD. Getting vorpal is crucial because it makes some of Seth's call out tools low risk/high reward via CS and can really bail you out when you flub a movement decision (Diving straight into the ground with j214A happens to the best of us lol).

Anyways I wrote way more than I meant to and it's 4AM so half of this might end up being nonsense so let me know if there's something I said that wrong or whatever~ I might add more or edit some things when I'm a little more awake.

There's a TON of combo information available but not much filtering. I figured I'd go ahead and write out my own personal findings of which routes etc I feel are integral and worth concentrating on, and neutral game stuff. I think a lot of people already know this stuff, but it should help people who are just picking this character up and have no idea what they're doing, since written information beyond a list of combos / moves is practically nonexistent, and this character is so much more than that.

Combos:

214C~C > 6C route

You basically want to go into this whenever possible. The damage is good and it ends in oki. 

A full notation example using a midscreen 5A starter:

5A > 5B > 5C > 214C~C > 6C > j.236B > j.214A > 214B~B > [stuff] > Orb Hits > 6C > j.236B.

The [stuff] section is basically anything that hits them enough to buy time till the orb you made earlier hits. The basic easy one is  214B~B > 22 > 2C(1) > 623A > Orb Hits > j.236B. You actually have a good amount of time to link that 2C, so executionally I find this one easiest, since you can visually watch them drop and time your 2C as they fall near.

Once you get the hang of this, I personally suggest using this route midscreen: 214B~B > 22 > dash C > Orb Hits > 6C > etc. The reason I suggest this one if you can do it is because you can go into an unblockable setup extremely easily from this. The timing is a bit stricter. I haven't confirmed it, but either his 22 fastfall is dash cancellable or it just psychologically is really easy to time if you immediately input 6 6+C right after doing 22 (or 2 A+B). In any case in my personal experience, taking your time with the 214B~B > 22 link, and then executing the dash 66C quickly works much better than the other way around. Also if you want, you can cancel 6C into BC for a charge in the middle of the combo.

The third common way to fill midscreen is with 214B~B > back airdash OR delay j.214A. This route is nice because if you're bad at getting your 22 out, you don't have to worry about it here. It's a bit easier on the hands so if you're having a lot of trouble, try this route.

If you're having trouble with the 214C~C > 6C link, if you look at the opponent who's being stunned by 214C, you'll see that the initial "stunned" effect diminishes right about the time you need to input 6C. If you're having trouble with this link, try that as a visual queue. Alternatively, looking for when seth recovers from 214C~C looks viable too.

Also if you're not getting your first j.236B > j.214A link, try doing it later than you might expect. 

The main issue with this 214C~C > 6C route is that it only links from certain starters. The big one is that 2A into a B then a C before 214C won't combo. You need to do 2A > 5C straight into 214C or something similar if you want it from a 2A starter. This actually influences the way you poke and do block strings if you're looking for something good from 2A (unless you're just a god at confirming off of single 2A hit Kappa). If you are combos off of 2A and you're not confident you can hit / block confirm well enough, that's when you should start looking for alternate combos.

Unblockable Route - ~214B~B > 22 > dash 6C > Orb Hits > 236A/B > EX Command Grab > j.2C > j.214B (Orb forces block inbetween j.2C and j.214B)

Really straight forward unblockable setup (in case you don't know, j.214B throws them even in block stun) and one of the main reason I'm going to list comboing off of j.214B > CS as an essential thing to know how to do. If you're already familiar with the dash C version of the midscreen BnB, adding this ender on is really great. Gives you ~4.5k total for using one super :).

Note that if you are not close enough after dash C, you won't reach with EX command grab. If you're having issues with this, hold your 66 input for a bit before pressing C, gauging the height as they fall. You want to hit them as low to the ground as possible so that you have more time to dash and get closer to them to be in range.

Air to air stuff > j.B > j.C > j.214A > 214B~B > j.236B

Doing oki off this setup can be a bit more awkward than the 6C > j.236B route, and seems to be less prefered, but it's an extremely crucial combo route to know. If you had to many ground hits etc to do 214C~C > 6C, this is the route you want to do instead. 

The main issue you may come across is that when you do j.214A too high in the air, it either becomes really obnoxious to actually special cancel into 214B, and sometimes nothing will come out. Other times, 214B~B won't combo, even when the proration etc is fine, just due to positioning. As a result, you want them to be as low as possible before doing j.214A. You can do this either by delaying your jump normals or adding extra normals in (doing j.A > j.C > j.B for example). If you're not sure whether it's going to work as an ender, remember that the ender is probably the most essential part of any Seth combo. If you don't know, try using the alternative of j.214A > land > 236A/B (for when you're unsure if 214B~B will combo) OR canceling your jump normal into j.236A/B). 

j.214B > CS > Assault j.A > delay j.B/j.C > 2C(1) > 214C~C > 6C > etc

Since a lot of his gameplay runs around unblockables and the threat of unblockables, it's extremely important to know how to get damage off of landing your B dive. Comboing off of it via CS is one of the easiest ways. During CS, you have a huge buffer window, so you can input your j.6D fairly early during the CS flash and be assured that your assault will come out properly and as early as you need it to. The j.A afterwards can generally just be done early, with a big amount of delay before the j.B. You generally will want to use j.B, but use j.C on light characters. You don't need to delay much if using j.C. 

Corner: Stuff > 214C~C > 6C > j.236B > j.214A > 623B into corner > 623A out of corner > 236C > (236A/B)

Really basic easy corner unblockable setup. Just watch what they do and then confirm into B dive once they block EX orb, or combo if they flailed. Can omit the 236C and just do a basic 6C ender which makes this an easy corner combo as well.

Airhit 5B > 623B routes

Note that a lot of the time, you need to slightly delay 623B. If you cancel immediately, the followup into 214A/C ~ C will whiff because they're too high (char specific I'm sure).

Neutral Game

Orbs 

Throwing orbs around is obviously a big part of your neutral game, but learning how to play around with your orbs involves more than just chucking them and waiting for people to run into them.

Before I forget: backdash / jump back / etc into j.236B is really nice. It often puts the orb off screen, and can confuse people a lot as to whether or not you actually have an orb out (assault forward or dive or whatnot to move the orb completely off screen if it isn't already)

In general one of the common effective strategies involving orb is to basically get them to block BEFORE the orb in some fashion or another.

Common things after setting an air orb are flipping around a bit and stalling in the air, then forcing block with A Dive. Though it's minus, you can cancel it into any other special move, so you can do all kinds of silly things. The "honest" option is A Dive > 623A/B > Orb forces block. After the orb forces them to block, you recover from you slash and can start doing pressure. If the dive hit or they mashed before 623X, the 623X will combo into the orb and you can just do 6C > j.236B > etc. Off of dive you can also do things like 214B~B > B Dive for an unblockable while they block the Orb, or if they're scared of mashing after A dive, you could just recover and raw TK B Dive while they block the orb. A Dive > Command Throw is also a thing.

If they're not putting themselves into A Dive / j.2C range, you can also choose to approach from the ground, especially if you fast falled after feinting an air approach. Most commonly, dash C > 623A/B is really effective and similar to the A Dive one, You just want them to stay put and confirm from orb block, and then if they respect that, do silly crap instead.

If they approach you and try and attack you by running under your dive, you can instead just come down with j.C or j.B or j.2C to intercept that approach. Since you have great air options, it's pretty hard for your opponent to properly anti air, not to mention the fact that you don't have to worry about which side you're hitting from with j.C/B. Also whiffing j.2C or A/B Dive can get you out if you DO fear being stuck. Though there is recover, you also have that orb to cover you. Particularly good to remember if you're already out of air options and they're approaching from an awkward angle.

Similarly after oki, if they're respecting the orb you set, you can also be gimmicky and after normal or two, do a B Dive as the orb is coming to unblockable. If they're wary they can mash you out or jump possibly, but it's still worth mentioning as an overall thing to keep in mind - if you think they're going to end up blocking an orb and you are in position, B Dive. You're more than welcome to go for a mixup instead (which is better reward to be fair), but I don't think any of us will complain about free damage when it presents itself.

About Orb and Crossing Up

I posted in on twitter already, but if you didn't know, I wouldn't recommend trying to mix them up with the Orb ITSELF. Orb has special crossup protection in that as long as you are holding away from where the orb is coming from, you will block it, even if that means walking straight towards your opponent. If the orb is behind you and you hold [6] you will block. Hence the only way for the orb to hit them is if you cross them up with an orb that was originally behind them such that they are now walking forward AND walking towards the orb. This will still hit them, but it's less of a "mixup" and more of a "gimmick". They can always pay attention to the source of the orb and change block directions to [4] the orb regardless of what you're doing.

5C

Be careful when you use this normal in footsies. 5C actually whiff cancels to 5CC, meaning that if you try and immediately buffer a 214C to yomi confirm the 5C poke, if the 5C whiffs, you'll get a 5CC to come out instantly, so don't be surprised if you see it. 

Blockstrings

Though reverse beat pressure isn't TERRIBLE, I generally see Rion and other Seth's mainly going for 214X mixups from their normals. the 214X series generally needs to be respected by the opponent. If they try and mash, the A followup will auto counter anything they do that isn't invincible. The C followup will also blow up slow mashing. In general if they flail and you do the B followup into A Dive, they'll also just get blown up, especially considering you can cross them up.

Once in the air, the A Dive > 623B string seems to be very strong, as mentioned above. On hit, you get a nice combo that's easily confirmable, and it blows up anyone who tries to mash after A Dive. If they respect A Dive on block, you can basically do whatever you want, so use j.214A > 623B to condition them. 

214X ~ B into make a fireball is great too. After making the air fireball, you can dive like mentioned above, and you'll have an orb to cover what you do. If they try and run out, you can fastfall or air backdash and chase them. 

There's literally an endless amount of possibilities, but i'll just say that on top of all of that stuff, raw 214X with no followup is also decent. The timing differences on 214B and C can really throw people off, and sometimes a simple string into 214C > j.B/j.C works wonders.

Chain Shift

Chain shifting with Seth is really strong, and a necessary tool to understand in a lot of matchups that involve you not doing much other than winning the Vorpal War while blocking. I won't pretend to be an expert so I'll just say that you'll often see Rion / etc go for things like YOLO 623B into CS to get in. It has a decent hitbox so you get something nice on hit, and on block with CS you can start making something happen. 

I've written a crapload so I'll stop here. I don't really pretend to be an expert on Seth, and please don't assuming everything I wrote is all there is to the character nor 100% accurate, but I think this will help Seth players who aren't sure where to start or simply haven't put in the number of hours some of us already have in this character. Hopefully this will help reduce the need for every new Seth player having to re-invent the wheel from the ground up

Im getting a bit better at the orb combo with 214C... now for the dash 6C setup.. can i do his 623A before the orb hits?

I am supposed to delay the j.2C in the unblockable reset right?

Edit: Hm, nvm, for some reason, it properly combos if the opponent isn't set to block, but won't work if the opponent blocks. 

hey guys i got a silly question.

on that video earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3MGvnij5eI

at :12. how does he do that hop after j.236B do you just press 66 or 44 in the air after j.236B? or is there something special u do in order to jump?

also guys. whenever I try 214C -> 6C. i tend to miss the 6C. is the timing on it jus tpress it as fast as possible? could i just mash it out? 

hey guys i got a silly question.

on that video earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3MGvnij5eI

at :12. how does he do that hop after j.236B do you just press 66 or 44 in the air after j.236B? or is there something special u do in order to jump?

also guys. whenever I try 214C -> 6C. i tend to miss the 6C. is the timing on it jus tpress it as fast as possible? could i just mash it out? 

The hop at 0:12 just looks like Seth's air backdash. 44.

Regarding 6C I guess there this:

Still only works less than half the time for me because I'm fucking bad I guess. When I do get it, I never get the j.214A to come out after the j.236B because I always hit the fucking ground first after placing the orb. So you have to do it late AND fast?

how about any tips for landing 214C~C -> dash C -> 623B?

do i do dash C asap or is there a window where i should aim for. thats 1 major problem im having in this game in general. if i should be timing for things to come out or if i can just press it asap and hope for the best. 

Im getting a bit better at the orb combo with 214C... now for the dash 6C setup.. can i do his 623A before the orb hits?

if you're doing dash C (dash 6C is a typo, sorry >_<), the orb should just hit afterwards, you don't need to do anything after dash C unless you're going for an unblockable or alternate oki setups (which are unorthodox but not wrong)

If you want to use 623A, as I mentioned in my post, fastfall > 2C(1) > 623A > (orb hits) > 6C is what you want to go for. It's very stable as long as you are good at letting them get low before 2C'ing

I am supposed to delay the j.2C in the unblockable reset right?

Edit: Hm, nvm, for some reason, it properly combos if the opponent isn't set to block, but won't work if the opponent blocks. 

the j.2C should be COMBO'ing from EX command grab. IF you want to practice the unblockable ender portion, just go in training mode with dummy set to block and do:

run up point blank, 236B > EX Command Throw > j.2C (should combo) > j.214B (the orb should force block inbetween). The "reset" portion is the j.2C > Orb portion. Also remember that a few characters cannot be hit with j.2C after EX Command Throw.

Still only works less than half the time for me because I'm fucking bad I guess. When I do get it, I never get the j.214A to come out after the j.236B because I always hit the fucking ground first after placing the orb. So you have to do it late AND fast?

I was struggling with it as well.. but im getting it a bit more consistently. My best advice to you is to practice doing 6C > j.236B > j.214A raw. When you throw out the orb, you'll notice that he jumps up.. and then descends. The moment he's descending is when you want to do the j.214A. Hope this helps you out :p

So what is the best / a good way of setting up back into oki if you have already used the orb stun?

is 214 > 236B a decent option because of the air tech?

j.214A xx 236B maybe?

So what is the best / a good way of setting up back into oki if you have already used the orb stun?

is 214 > 236B a decent option because of the air tech?

j.214A xx 236B maybe?

You can still do the 214 > 22 > 2C > 6C ender if you immediately cancel when 2C ends. You still get the 236B Segment oki and everything.

I mentioned this on twitter, but the really stable way to get 6C KD with an orb already is:

Orb Hits > 2C/5C > 214CC > 6C > 236B > j.214A > 214BB > 22 > 5B > j.B > j.6C > j.236B. The second orb hit will make j.B > j.6C connect. doing 2C(2) > 6C gives you a slightly better knockdown but it does less damage and is a lot less stable. also the knockdown isn't that much different tbqh.

So i was watching the Rion vs The World vid and he was able to get the j.214A after the j.236B on Linne. I was mind-boggled. I didn't understand how he was able to do it on her. So i went to the lab, and i found something interesting. If you actually move slightly forward, you can land the j.214A after his j.236B. Here's why this works: When you move slightly forward... you end up closer to her after a 6C.. thus allowing you to continue the combo like you normally would. Stupid Linne >;C lol

So i was watching the Rion vs The World vid and he was able to get the j.214A after the j.236B on Linne. I was mind-boggled. I didn't understand how he was able to do it on her. So i went to the lab, and i found something interesting. If you actually move slightly forward, you can land the j.214A after his j.236B. Here's why this works: When you move slightly forward... you end up closer to her after a 6C.. thus allowing you to continue the combo like you normally would. Stupid Linne >;C lol

Yo that's godlike, makes the Linne MU way smoother. Just have to tap and hold 6 for a split second before you hit C and voila, 100% consistency  :thumbu:

I didn't even know that wasn't a thing.

The training dummy defaults to Linne so I spent my time practicing that combo on her, wasn't even aware that you didn't have to hold forward for everyone else.

I'm not sure what to think about this. I am well aware that a true vortex is hard to emulate within UNiEl's engine, but the video only looked at the gimmicky teleport "crossups" wthout recognizing what purpose they could actually serve. How about his throw game? Seth's run speed is so fast that throw setups are pretty strong. While an opponent is under pressure and respecting me, I like to go nuts with stuff like 214B > air backdash > assault > 22 > throw/2B. I think what makes this character interesting is finding ways to play around the lack of crossups and make him a sort of highly mobile bait /punish machine. His pressure is also strong enough that oki still guarantees a chance to open someone up. I still think the video does a decent enough job of showing where someone should place their expectations when they pick him up, so thanks for sharing.

Like its been said, he kinda needs the opponents respect to truly do well, but I think he has enough tools to make it work. The only thing truly bad about him is that he gets lamed out super hard. But hey, the way I look at it, It could be worse. We could be Akatsuki and have no neutral game at all :P

Edit: apologies if the point of your post went entirely over my head and I just ranted about something totally different altogether.