Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Yuzuriha

v65aDXY.jpg

[info=Introduction]Welcome to the Yuzuriha thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.
[/info]
[info=Pre-Match Character Description:]She is thoughtless. She chooses to be herself evading from the statute.
Letting nobody capture her, she lives as the fancy takes her.
Only her capriciousness brought her out tonight.
The cold steel gazes at the moment. The principle is a blink. Everything returns to every moment.
The true self awaits her beyond the freedom. The lost self.[/info]
Yuzuriha Wiki Page

[info=Notable Players]Ma-kun
Kure
Keiji
Jai
Hidaka
[/info]

[info=Frame Data posts:]http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8882-uniel-yuzuriha/page-7#entry830302

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8882-uniel-yuzuriha/page-7#entry830332

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8882-uniel-yuzuriha/page-7#entry830871

[/info]

Can't wait to play as Sephiroth's perky daughter.

EDIT: Gonna try to make this post not suck so much.

Alternate Wiki link: http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Yuzuriha_(Gameplay)

[info=Normals:]

• 5A: Ankle kick; fast start up, puny range
  • 2A: Hilt poke; looks okay
  • j.A: People's Elbow!; mostly just looks cool
  • 5B: Vertical slash; doesn't combo into C normals at max range apparently
  • 2B: Scabbard sweep; longer reach than 2A
  • 66B: Same as 5B but downs opponent on hit
  • j.B: Horizontal slash; air-to-air
  • 5C: Big upward slash; seems to be a decent anti-air
  • 2C: Sweeping slash; good range, hits twice
  • 66C: Jumping slash; mostly used in combos
  • j.C: Big horizontal slash; better air-to-ground than j.B, but still mostly air-to-air [/info]

[info=Throw:]

• Grabs opponent and puts them in crumple state; has the advantage of being comboable from any position without meter[/info]

[info=Force Function]

• Does this fancy long-range sword drawing technique; chargeable, slow startup, downs on hit, unblockable when charged[/info]

[info=Command Normals:]

• 4B: Swings her coat in front of her; counter move, additional attack if successful, works on physical and projectile attacks
  • 4C: Swings her coat upward; lifts opponent into the air, used mostly in combos
  • j.2C: Axe Kick!; chargeable, used in Assault approaches, downs aerial opponents when charged
  • 6A/B/C: Smaller versions of her Iaido specials; air ok, stance ok[/info]

[info=Specials:]

• 236A/B/C(EX): Iaido slash; air ok, stance ok, has huge range, combo and neutral tool
  • 214A/B/C(EX): Leaps forward and does a bunch of slashes before landing; air ok, stance ok, mostly combo tool
  • 421A/B/C: Teleport; air ok, stance ok, A is in front of the opponent, B is in the air behind the opponent, C is behind the opponent[/info]

[info=Stance:]

• If you hold down the button used for any "stance ok" moves, you enter her stance mode, where she gets ready to draw her sword
  • In this mode, you can use her specials much faster than normal, but you can only use each button once (including the one held down)
  • The button held down is in red (and unusable), the buttons you can still use are blue; if they are gray, they are unusable
  • To refill icons, you must either leave and re-enter the stance, walk forward or backward a little, or land her stance parry
  • 6 / 4: Let you walk in said directions, but very slowly
  • 66 / 44: A small, free version of her teleport in said directions (but only on the ground)
  • 7 / 8 / 9: A high jump with a more narrow arc in said directions
  • 22: Stance parry, air ok, small window of invincibility, flashes white when successful, refills stance icons, can cancel into stance commands
  • D / Let go of original button: Leave stance mode[/info]

[info=Infinite Worth:]

• Aku! Soku! Zan!
  • Pulls off her best Saito Hajime impression
  • Two slash attack finished with one final vertical blow
  • Good raw damage, bad proration[/info]

[info=Infinite Worth EXS:]

• Super cool animation followed by 3720 damage
  • Will cause GRD Break on yourself unless you have Vorpal[/info]

Subbed Beginner Tutorial w/ Combos

Subbed Intermediate Tutorial w/ Combos

Extensive Combo Video (including a 7k damage combo)

Matchup Videos

vs Hyde

vs Linne

vs Waldenstein

vs Carmine

vs Orie

vs Gordeau

vs Merkava

vs Vatista

vs Seth

vs Yuzuriha

vs Hilda

vs Eltnum

vs Chaos

vs Akatsuki

vs Nanase

•  

vs Byakuya

Question about the stance. From what I get you can only use A,B,C, moves in stance one at a time. Would doing a dash/tp in the stance reset it?

From watching videos, I don't think it automatically resets. Once you use up all three buttons (or let go of the original button/press D), you have to enter the stance all over again. A lot of her specials and a certain command normal let you enter the stance, so what you're seeing is just really fast stance changing by the player.

If it helps, watch the videos I posted (well, and the rest of the videos in that tournament set that weren't linked; I'll try to put up a better collection of links later). You'll probably start to see how they do it by watching when the stance icons light up (red is the button held, blue are the two available to use).

No as long as you are holding down a button you can only do each A B C move one each.  The exception to this is that you can do the slide hold technique detailed in this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsbtwwQi7hk .  This technique lets you use the same button twice (A > B > A) Instead of forcing A > B > C.

If you leave and reenter the stance in the same combo its fine ofc.

Also for some combos you can stance cancel with D and reset back to neutral to do another slash without incurring the counter.

Example combo

236B~D 236B~D 236(A) 421C j.214B 2C 236(B) 236A

The youtube account of the video I linked has quite a few helpful Yuzu tutorials that should probably be stickied.

Alright that video did help. So essentially once you initiate the stance with A/B/or C, you quickly slide to another button, which will grey out that input instead of the one you originally pressed right?

Yeah basically just initiate with A for anti air slash or B for ground slash if on the ground and slide to C. Then do whichever slash you need from there.  From my experience it was better to slide to C since 236C is ex slash if you are over 100% (its just B slash if not iirc) and you can always cancel into that anyway.

In the air A slash is downward angle and B slash is straight across btw.

IKR? Finally I can play this game. How is Yuzu's matchups anyway. There was a link to most of the characters matchups but it was all in Japanese <_<

Yuzuriha tends to fall around the bottom of mid-tier, but her matchups aren't really all that bad, per se. There just aren't many that are in her favor.

http://sp.uniapm.info/diagram_view.php

^ Tier list created from player card data.

Go down to the bottom of the page until you see a drop down box, scroll down it and select ユズリハ (for Yuzuriha) and press the button next to it. It'll take you to the character's matchup page, which are organized by their order on the official site's character list.

That list isn't entirely reliable however.  It encompasses all levels of play not just high level.  So a victory by the best Yuzu in the world could be cancelled out by some random getting bodied selecting her for the first time.

For sure there is some correlation and the 4s vs Gord/Wald certainly confirm what would be expected to be her harder matchups.

I have seen high level Yuzus steamroll any character though so I don't think any of the matchups are too bad.  The lack of any solid reversal even with meter is probably where she gets hurt the most. Once people get in on her she can get bodied.

While that's most definitely true that the ranking covers every player, I think it's still a reasonable starting point in terms of how to think about a matchup.

That said, this game really seems to reward solid, fundamental play; so even relatively low tier characters can still be viable. It's only the extreme ends where you really see the downhill/uphill battles come into play.

That list isn't entirely reliable however.  It encompasses all levels of play not just high level.  So a victory by the best Yuzu in the world could be cancelled out by some random getting bodied selecting her for the first time.

For sure there is some correlation and the 4s vs Gord/Wald certainly confirm what would be expected to be her harder matchups.

I have seen high level Yuzus steamroll any character though so I don't think any of the matchups are too bad.  The lack of any solid reversal even with meter is probably where she gets hurt the most. Once people get in on her she can get bodied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNIgfHqkxTY&list=UUfIT5ux78PcHPsbczrI3-Pg

top one yuzus showing off some skill sorry if this is a repost starts at 7:05

Im pretty sure her matchups are gunna come down to whether the character she's fighting can do something about her 236 slashes.  Just a guess because so far from what i've seen only Eltnum can do something about it (gun super which she can combo afterward).  Im prolly forgetting other obvious ones but yeah. Other than that she's seems extremely powerful and I am ready to embrace the top tier :yaaay:

v65aDXY.jpg

Introduction
Welcome to the Yuzuriha thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Yuzuriha Wiki Page

Notable Players
Ma-kun

tigre would this be better as far as move list http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Yuzuriha_%28Gameplay%29

So do yuzu's stances have a cooldown time after they're used or what?

The only cooldown is the time it takes you to leave the first stance and enter the next.

The only cooldown is the time it takes you to leave the first stance and enter the next.

this can be shorten greatly by the d trick she has when doing certain moves and stance combos 

Pre-Match Character Description:

She is thoughtless. She chooses to be herself evading from the statute.
Letting nobody capture her, she lives as the fancy takes her.
Only her capriciousness brought her out tonight.
The cold steel gazes at the moment. The principle is a blink. Everything returns to every moment.
The true self awaits her beyond the freedom. The lost self.

She's really not about rushdown. I mean, sure, you're gonna be doing some pressuring too, but a lot of her gameplan has you controlling space with your specials and long range normals until you catch them up.

The wiki description mentions her as a "zoning" character but is she really that? she actually looks more like  mid-range rushdown

I highly doubt that considering her playstyle revolves around keeping the opponent out for the most part.