Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Yuzuriha

To answer the latter, yes. I saw her fighting a Wald and their moves trading when she did a 236X move; why in god's name did they add a hurtbox on her blade, I'll never know.

That's pretty annoying. I always thought that it was ridiculous, especially when it doesn't hit projectiles out of the air either. I mean, in a different fighting game it would be fine, balance and all, but this game is packed full with moves that already do this (Merk moves, Gordeau's specials, etc). Not sure what they're afraid of with this.

Her 236x moves trading is hardly a problem. The hurtbox doesn't extend to the end of the blade, and on trade, she generally wins and/or confirms a full combo anyway. If all you want to do is bait something at a mid-long range, use her 6x sword slashes instead, as they don't have extended hurtboxes.

Sliding is still in the game. Most of the loketest 1 changes were reverted, and other players also stated that the initial belief that sliding was removed was, in fact, incorrect.

If I recall correctly, the D stance icon represents an extra stance button for holding down and doing combos. I believe you cannot slide to it mid-stance (speculation), but you can hold it from the start of stance to keep the other buttons available.

D cancelling is still in and, I believe, works as normal.

Her 236x moves trading is hardly a problem. The hurtbox doesn't extend to the end of the blade, and on trade, she generally wins and/or confirms a full combo anyway. If all you want to do is bait something at a mid-long range, use her 6x sword slashes instead, as they don't have extended hurtboxes.

Sliding is still in the game. Most of the loketest 1 changes were reverted, and other players also stated that the initial belief that sliding was removed was, in fact, incorrect.

If I recall correctly, the D stance icon represents an extra stance button for holding down and doing combos. I believe you cannot slide to it mid-stance, but you can hold it from the start of stance to keep the other buttons available.

D cancelling is still in and, I believe, works as normal.

I wonder why people thought that the sliding was gone in the first place? Kind of a weird thing to get a false report on. Either way that's good. I keep reading about a damage nerf too but I've not seen any actual numbers, so I'm going to just take that and the flip recovery nerf with a grain of salt as well.

And the thing about the hurtbox really just seems weird to me is all. It just looked weird any time you hit a projectile or something with the move and got hit.

There was a mis-translation or incorrect report from an early loketest 1 player that led to the belief that slide was removed. Later players in loketest 1 did not mention anything about slide, and by loketest 2, I believe some players actually confirmed that it was still in the game.

As for the flip recovery and damage nerfs from loketest 1, I don't believe anyone's talked about it after that, so whether those nerfs still exist or not is completely unknown to me. From the looks of the combos in the available footage, damage hasn't changed, so it may be reverted.

There was a mis-translation or incorrect report from an early loketest 1 player that led to the belief that slide was removed. Later players in loketest 1 did not mention anything about slide, and by loketest 2, I believe some players actually confirmed that it was still in the game.

As for the flip recovery and damage nerfs from loketest 1, I don't believe anyone's talked about it after that, so whether those nerfs still exist or not is completely unknown to me. From the looks of the combos in the available footage, damage hasn't changed, so it may be reverted.

That was my thought too. I was watching some footage and it seemed more or less the same. If it's changed its very minor. I still think she ought to have had some buff though, just something to help. Ability to hit projectiles with some moves or something.

That was my thought too. I was watching some footage and it seemed more or less the same. If it's changed its very minor. I still think she ought to have had some buff though, just something to help. Ability to hit projectiles with some moves or something.

It's hard to justify buffing her, honestly. While the 4B nerf (unless it was also reverted) is annoying and makes her defense weaker, the rest of her tools are still strong enough to keep her in a good spot overall.

Giving her a tool to hit(?) projectiles would be interesting, but not all that useful when she already can beat zoners with slashes, counter fireballs with 4B (remember, by the way, that Yuzu becomes invulnerable until she returns to neutral if the counter activates), and just stay above most projectiles by staying in stance. If she had the ability to actually beat projectiles anywhere on the screen, zoners would be completely unable to function against her. :P

Not to say that I don't understand where you're coming from. It would be quite nice to not worry about slashes trading with things like fireballs, but it's probably for the best that it does, haha.

I mean for the most part, she's generally the same as before with a slight damage and her main defense option being nerfed, so its not hard to understand some frustration while everyone else and their mother gets better.

Fortunately, that means what you did in Uniel will still work in Uninst, and hey we still got CVO to play around with.

But I'm surprised they left in slide holding, I was under impression they  took it out, glad they realized how devastating that would be to her overall playstyle.

It's hard to justify buffing her, honestly. While the 4B nerf (unless it was also reverted) is annoying and makes her defense weaker, the rest of her tools are still strong enough to keep her in a good spot overall.

Giving her a tool to hit(?) projectiles would be interesting, but not all that useful when she already can beat zoners with slashes, counter fireballs with 4B (remember, by the way, that Yuzu becomes invulnerable until she returns to neutral if the counter activates), and just stay above most projectiles by staying in stance. If she had the ability to actually beat projectiles anywhere on the screen, zoners would be completely unable to function against her. :P

Not to say that I don't understand where you're coming from. It would be quite nice to not worry about slashes trading with things like fireballs, but it's probably for the best that it does, haha.

I mean, it just seems weird that they didn't buff her when they buffed everyone else who wasn't Gordeau Wald or Merk. And even they got some buffs too. It just seems kinda like they were trying to bring characters up to their level and then just forgot a few characters here and there. I mean, you don't really see Yuzu players taking regionals or anything. Or even doing that well in them to be honest (for the most part). With the changes to her and everyone else, that doesn't seem like it's going to change at all which is a shame in my opinion.

I've mostly seen cross_speed going for 66B as his ender after a 214x.  Not one 66C, and he wasn't even adding 214Bs for more damage since he was going for airtechs anyway.  I'd assume this is due to 214x actually just having worse recovery.

Also after most 214Bs mid-combo I see 2B for a relaunch instead of something more conventional from UNiEL, but that's from madu_uma, who is the only other Yuzu player anymore, and he seems new to the game entirely.  It's not a name I remember from UNiEL.

Unfortunately Yuzu doesn't have any fancy god-level technicians for UNiST since maa-kun is a traitorous heathen and is riding the Phonon train.  It could take some time for things to come out.  I can only hope she isn't stuck with lame combo enders like 66B.

What I've noticed most about 236B hurtbox is that if Byakuya has a 623x ground web out and Yuzu does a 236B over it, she'll get snagged and murdered.  But I'm chalking that up more to Byakuya just being seemingly asinine in UNiST than Yuzu getting hurtbox changes.

Maa-kun hasn't actually dropped Yuzu, I believe, but yeah, he's pretty stuck on the Phonon rush at the moment.

During loketests, there was a mention of 66C having a reduced hitbox, which made ending combos with it somewhat harder. Unsure if that change stuck.

2B relaunches are the most stable, so newer players may just be using it instead of 2C/etc. due to reliability? Who knows.

I'm not one to try and revitalize dead threads, just wondering if there was still any discussion going on for this character still since the Steam version is out. : \