Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Yuzuriha

She actually kinda has to go in. She's a mid range pressure based stance character. Not really much of a zoner but you need to space decently enough.

She actually kinda has to go in. She's a mid range pressure based stance character. Not really much of a zoner but you need to space decently enough.

Depends of the matchups. You want to get in against Merkava, Hilda and Vatista because of their neutral tools. Against the rest of the cast, sticking at mid-long range is a much better idea.

So, I finally went into the lab and got some of Broken Ma-kun's basic bnbs down. Off 5A/2A midscreen, you can get close to 3k damage with good a decent oki position at the end which is pretty cool:

5A/2A → 5C/2C → 236A → 9jc~D → IC j.2C → 4C → 2C → 4B → 236A → 214B~D → DC → j.236A~B (2973 dmg)

To get the oki position, replace the j.236A~B Battou by j.421A Teleport and you'll be right next to them as they wake up. In the corner, always go for the teleport ender since the j.A Battou ender completely whiffs.

Also, from what I've seen from Ma-kun's match videos, his big punish combo is essentially the same. Only difference is that he uses 5C as a starter and adds super at the end...

5C → 5B → 236A → 9jc~D → IC j.2C → 4C → 2C → 4B → 236A → 214B~D → DC → j.236A → Yae Ichirin super (3813 dmg)

I'm currently trying to figure out how his counter hit Battou conversions and combos works. I've been trying to do them, but the dummy always techs before I can finish the combo:

(CH) 236B (release) → 236A → 421C → j.214B~D → 2C 5C j.B-2C-B → 5B → BAB Battou

Dummy always techs at the 5B part and I can't get the Battous ender. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, so if someone can try, that'd be cool...

Anyway, that's where I'm at with her for now. More lab work today!

Thanks for the BnB outline, Kazuhiro!

I'll play around with the CH combo you were having issues with and see if I can't figure it out. Gonna be grinding a lot when I get home today, so I'll letcha know if I find anything!

Her combos are mad fun but her neutral is so odd for me lol.

She reminds me of a Johnny/Vergil hybrid with her moveset but she doesnt play like either of them. 

Yeah, she can pretty much get 3k off anything and more if you use resources.

I think I figured out the problem with that B Battou starter. The B Yae Ichirin (214B) has to hit only twice in the air and for that to happen, you have to do it right after the C teleport. Also, the 5B at the end of the combo is actually DB (66B), so kinda have to micro dash early and hit B.

236B (release) → 236A → 421C → j.214B~D (2 hits) → 2C → 5C → j.B-j.2C-j.C 66B → BAB Battou (3072 damage)

Oh yeah, and it doesn't need counter hit for it to work. Counter hit just gives you more time to confirm 236B into 236A. Still kinda hard to do for me as I'm still not used in doing BAB Battou in combos and the 66B timing is kind of tight.

Thanks for the bnb's. I'm a bit confused at the 214B~D, DC, j.236A part tho. What exactly is the DC. Are you supposed to be in the air after 214B or do u jump after hitting the ground?

Hey I'm trying to get the hang of the D-cancels.. How do you guys know you're doing it right? The tutorials move pretty quick so I cant identify it as easily (as I probably should)..

Hey I'm trying to get the hang of the D-cancels.. How do you guys know you're doing it right? The tutorials move pretty quick so I cant identify it as easily (as I probably should)..

Go to 1:15 and pause https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwobd73sSuI I just press D when it's hitting in a combo. I don't think theres a timing in this cancel (I always thought that was a tight timing :v)

In the french bread tutorial you can see the difference when you D cancel the battou move. It's around 3:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbaN0aG_8AQ

Yeah, you basically just press it before it ends/whenever you need to.

Watch what she does when she uses one of those moves. At the end of it, you'll see a small circle appear around her. If you pressed D at an acceptable time, that ring will come out when you pressed it (or at least before it would have otherwise).

Her stance stuff really isn't super technical. Most everything is pretty forgiving in terms of timing (though there is a rhythm to it). You just have to get the feel for it.

Noted some more practical midscreen combos and figured I'd post them here. Again, most of them were taken from some of Ma-kun's matches.

MIDSCREEN COMBOS (Normal | Vorpal)
5A/2A → 5C/2C → 236A → 9jc~D → Charge j.2C → 4C → 2C → 4B → 236A → 214B~D → 66C → j.236AB (2973 | 3311)
Note: Using 5A and 5C gives you the most damage

2C → 236BA → 9jc~D → Charge j.2C → 4C → 2C → 4B → 236A → 214B~D → 66C → j.236AB (3246 | 3560)

4B (COUNTER) → 66B → 236BA → 9jc~D → Charge j.2C → 4C → 2C → 4B → 236A → 214B~D → 66C → j.236AB (3043| 3342)

4B (MISSED)  → 236BA → 9jc~D → Charge j.2C → 4C → 2C → 4B → 236A → 214B~D → 66C → j.236AB (3408 | 3762)

4C → 2C → 236A → 8jc~D → Charge j.2C → 4C  → 2C → 4B → 236A → 214B → 66C → j.236AB [3298 | 3621]

236B (release) → 236A → 421C → j.214B~D (2 hits) → 2C → 5C → j.B-j.2C-j.C → 66C → j.236A → j.214B~D (3098 |3402)
Note: More damage and easier than 66B > BAB Battou ender (3072). For a little less damage (3068), you can get the mid screen positioning if ending with j.AB Battou instead of Yae Ichirin.

Throw → 4C → 2C → 4B → 236A → 214B~D → 66C → j.236AB (1647 | 1806)

[Assault] j.2C  5A 5C 236A 9jc~D j.C 66B 236A 421C j.214B~D 66C j.236AB (2456 | 2695)
Note: If you get [Assault] j.2C on counter hit, you can go for the regular bnb with Charge j.2C.

j.236BA (hold C) → j.214B~D → ?? (still need to find something)

All the j.236AB enders can be replaced j.214 for better positioning or j.236A → j.214B for bigger damage but weird positioning.

Finally started to feel a little comfortable in this game. I can actually get confirms off of stance slashes now.

Haven't worked corner combos into it yet. Just practicing the bare bones routes for now.

http://youtu.be/MOr8dIx7ksI?t=18m29s

After she does the combo linked here she does j.214A as oki. Isn't that supposed to be unsafe or at least minus? I see similar use of j.214A/B very often, even in neutral sometimes and JP players always respect. Is it because of the possible stance mixups to stop mash or why do they always respect j.214A/B? It's minus afaik

Noted some more practical midscreen combos and figured I'd post them here. Again, most of them were taken from some of Ma-kun's matches.

[...]

All the j.236AB enders can be replaced j.214 for better positioning or j.236A → j.214B for bigger damage but weird positioning.

Just to be sure, with  j.236AB  you actually mean j.236A > j.236B right?

Also for the enders, isn't it possible to just go j.236AB > 421C for positioning? For combos that don't require holding C at least.

Didn't expect to be playing yuzu but having so much fun now haha but the execution might be beyond me :x

Just to be sure, with  j.236AB  you actually mean j.236A > j.236B right?

Also for the enders, isn't it possible to just go j.236AB > 421C for positioning? For combos that don't require holding C at least.

Didn't expect to be playing yuzu but having so much fun now haha but the execution might be beyond me :x

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Also, as far as I know, Dash C uses your C inputs so doing j.236AB > 421C doesn't work if you already did 66C before the air Battous. 

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Also, as far as I know, Dash C uses your C inputs so doing j.236AB > 421C doesn't work if you already did 66C before the air Battous. 

Okie just tested this. Dash C doesn't take up stance C input, also can't hold C after 66C ends to enter stance. So it's possible to go j.236AB > 421C.

Tested 66C > j.236AB > 421C on standing opponent.

Probably just not a good idea though, since if it ends near a corner they will wall bounce and you end up teleporting into the corner. Not sure if the same thing happens if the opponent is in the air.

But probably best to just do j.214 A or B as you listed, since they should work in all situations and put you right beside the opponent :)

66C only leads to C being the held stance icon if you actually hold the C at the end. So, like, if you wanted to do something like 66C > j236BAB, you'd have to hold C. Otherwise, the "held" button will just be whatever your first move is (probably A most of the time).