Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Hilda

v65aDXY.jpg

Introduction
Welcome to the Hilda thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Pre-Match Character Description:
She is joyous. By herself who strives for her own intention.
Light and darkness. The antinomy lies within herself. The spiral of contradiction and unreason.
Chaos without order. Blinding darkness. Voice coming from the deep underground.
The false eyes seek for the eternity, and wish for the rebirth of inhuman.

Hilda Wiki Page

Notable Players
boogie
kyou
Devil
Buchii

I guess I'll post first for our airheaded oujosama http://a.pomf.se/rncygv.webm

Background info: http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Hilda

Gameplay info: http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Hilda_%28Gameplay%29

So according to the Arcadia tier list from SRK, apparently she is listed a C tier (at the bottom even). Despite that, she is still one of the more common characters I see in vids. Can anyone enlighten us to what she lacks?

Here's some boogie from the latest a-cho 2on2

http://youtu.be/a_p4Hlii8OU?t=13m46s

http://youtu.be/a_p4Hlii8OU?t=21m32s

http://youtu.be/a_p4Hlii8OU?t=57m11s

http://youtu.be/a_p4Hlii8OU?t=1h19m6s

Pre-Match Character Description:

She is joyous. By herself who strives for her own intention.
Light and darkness. The antinomy lies within herself. The spiral of contradiction and unreason.
Chaos without order. Blinding darkness. Voice coming from the deep underground.
The false eyes seek for the eternity, and wish for the rebirth of inhuman.

So is Hilda the good cop or the bad robber? Because she sounds bad from that description.

Also why does her mixup attacks seem safe on block? I can't tell the names but what I assume is a high(black ball falls from the sky) and the low (heavy spike erupts from the ground while she is sitting). I haven't seen them get punished yet. Ground spike is even fast enough to seemingly be called in a string, and due to each moves spacing, looks impossible to counter with a DP. Am I missing something because I've seen Hilda's do that ball 4x in a row to a waldstein, who can run if I'm not mistaken.

I can't fathom why she'd be so low. In general she seems safe and having a lot of frametraps, with legit? mixups and some form of oki with those needle rain balls (sorry, my descriptions are pretty bad lol), teleport, jumpin mixup etc. And dat anti air. Literally, hits the full screen vertically. She seems rather unapproachable.

Yes, those moves appear safe on block, but whether or not you are safe to follow up with more pressure is the question, and that itself depends also on what character you are fighting against. In general, it seems that if Hilda tries to follow up with something after a blocked Revenance pillar (22A/B, the ground spike) she can be punished by some characters for carelessly throwing out moves afterwards. Merkava can definitely test her in that situation with 214A/EX and 5C. Same goes with Hilda's 623A (horizontal piercing spike that goes in front of Hilda) if it gets blocked. After Lynchpin (overhead ball that drops down) however, it seems that you can follow up with more pressure like dashing C or a block string starting with 5B.

Personally, I don't think Hilda is that great of a character. She seems have some issues:

1. She does poor damage:

-Rarely will you see her break past 2.8k unless she uses meter or she is in Veil Off or vorpal state.

2. She has poor defense options:

-She does not have a good reversal move to keep the pressure off of her. You see players having to rely sometimes on Veil Off, which is a risky strategy.

3. Her okizeme game is quite limited because her mixup is not good:

-She only appears to have decent high/low mixup off of a jump-in with j[C] and 2A, and off that teleport setup with Condense gloom (the ball in the air that fires daggers).

4. Her neutral game is vulernable against characters with high mobility:

-Pixie characters like Linne and Seth seem to give her problems at neutral. They can quickly close the distance on her with their dashes, especially if they catch Hilda whiffing attacks. The match up vs Linne especially does not look like fun since she also has a projectile (Kuuga), which allows for her to approach quite safely once it is thrown out. If you are caught pressing buttons at Kuuga range, you're going to get blown up.

When you see a Hilda player dominate, it's not surprising that you might think that she is super safe and has amazing pressure. Such is not the case in my opinion. Those players are simply doing a good job at predicting what their opponent is doing. Like in the match up vs Merkava, you'd think that Hilda would dominate Merkava, due to Merkava having a huge hitbox and Hilda having safer, long range attacks. However, as I mentioned earlier, Merkava has some tools to deal with Hilda's zoning game. I haven't watched too many matches, however I've seen Merkava players break through Hilda's zoning and crush her at close range. At other times I've seen Merkava players be so afraid to press buttons while being pressured by Hilda, only to eventually crumble to it. That is just my two cents.

I have seen a lot of players break through Hilda's pressure game.  She seems like a turtle character but the problem is she has to act or her defense is broken. From what I have seen she is pretty limited in the mixup department aswell which makes her tactics seeable and more easy to avoid.  Pretty much she is limited to her knockdown as a combo ender which just casues more problems since you can wakeup tech and her oki isn't so good either.

She seems like a decent character for people who are king at fundamentals, however she is missing a lot of tools.

One thing I did notice is she has a teleport but I have yet to see it used.  It makes me wonder if it's even any good at all.

Defensively, the teleport is looks really bad since this game has halfscreen and fullscreen ground normals which you can't air block against. That is probably why I never see the move really used in that manner. However you see her teleport move used commonly on okizeme off of that mixup with condensed glow:

Combo with Lynchpin ender -> Condensed gloom -> Teleport A -> j.[C] or whatever

Hilda's play style reminds me of Glacius' from Killer Instinct 2013, so she's automatically my main. I'm looking forward on using yet another character that have a poor defense game.

It's destiny, I swear.

Hilda's play style reminds me of Glacius' from Killer Instinct 2013, so she's automatically my main. I'm looking forward on using yet another character that have a poor defense game.

It's destiny, I swear.

Same here!!!

Unfortunately, Hilda def looks low tier.  As a tourney player that worries me.  Her defensive options are HORRIBLE, teleport almost useless, and movement (not that she needs to move a lot) is pretty bad compared to the rest of the cast.

her best defense is throwing swords to stop the opponent's pressure before they get in.

Still I can't resist playing this char.  I love her playstyle, attitude when she is fighting, and what I know of her story.

I'm sure she will be better in the inevitable update.  (Which I really do hope they continue to support this game with updates!!!!)

We need to start figuring out what to do to help offset her defensive disabilities...

JBBS doesn't seem to place her LOW. Just not HIGH. Have seen at A and B. Never in Akatsuki or Chaos land.

that defense does look shitty though... no dp at all? man.

though that has never stopped nu/lambda in bb, I worry that hilda doesnt have the tools to keep someone away for too long. though, after watching alot of her videos it does appear that she can hit virtually any part of the screen, mostly at her whim. I just worry that in a game FULL of big ass normals and specials how good this will fare in the american scene.

honestly most hildas at the moment arent gods. the game needs to develop more yes, but as of now, not even having a cat chair is going to be a painful journey.

Anybody know why Hilda's 214B sometimes shoots nowhere near the opponent after the Oki setup? I can't seem to replicate the mini-swords shooting in another direction.

Oh, it's with A/B/C, but yeah I see now thanks! You get a little black glow around the ball when she's getting ready to toss it when you input the direction + A/B/C at the right time. Can go left right or down but it does down by default if you hit nothing.

Yeah just figured that out too... explains why I was getting it by accident, mashing A teleport too early lol

I was gonna main her buuuut...if defense is a problem, then that's definitely not a good sign. I remembered watching the videos too.

I saw that signature change lol.

Just go with whatever your comfortable with in the end. I think this character isn't completely trash, but it's clear even at my low level, you have to be precise and on point.