Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Chaos

There was a tournament with 2 whole chaos players in it! Crazy right, last time that happened was like, evo I guess?

(I don't speak japanese, so right now player names are just guesses/players with really simple names) edit: the rankings site is back up and these players still have these names, both seem to be references to manga. I'll keep an eye on the rankings and update if they change their names to something more real sounding

Chaos(Ichigo120% / /いちご120%) vs Eltnum(YSK) (11:40)  ((he has since changed his name back to shimazaki/島 崎))

Chaos(Arasa chan (Uncensored)) vs Vatista (5:05) 

at around 6:30 the chaos does the highest damage chaos XVO/CCVO combo I think I've seen (same one brian posted above me)

the notation for it should be: in corner, (Grd break/CH)assault J.2c>2a>5b>5c>236a>22a(sets up)>2c>22a (hits)>6c>bc>2c>5cc>j.2c>XVO>214a*>623a*>214b*>623b*>236b*>214c>236c>2a(whiff)>IW (6269 damage)

*I'm guessing on the strength of those moves.

Chaos (ichigo120%) vs Merkava(orume / オルメソ) (14:20)

Chaos (Arasa chan (uncensored)) vs Eltnum(Senaru) (3:37)

So if you do post-mortem glitch with 22a (IE, opponent kills azhi as you do 22a) azhi wont die even after he finishes the post-mortem bite (although it seems like you can't give him orders while he's underground) unless the bite hits. There's a flash where you see azhi go under ground, but it's pretty quick and depending on your color might not even really look like azhi, also if your opponent hit azhi they're probably not watching chaos anyway. This is a pretty sick gimmick, since if they hit azhi and try to run in you'll have a lizard shield and they most likely wont realize that azhi isn't dead. But most importantly it looks super cool.

(oh hey it looks like this happened to rikir online)

Chaos vs:

Hyde
Chaos
Phonon

video

players:

(8:30): Shimazaki (Chaos) vs [D NECO] (hyde)

(10:40) Shimazaki (Chaos) vs Arasa (Chaos)

(14:15) Shimazaki (Chaos) vs Hibikino (Phonon)

Since we don't have a dedicated forum for the character I put together this google doc ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16aZgvQxQzJA_ES9Nvf7pO2wFj4Z5f7vh-IUv_Sb04B0/edit?usp=sharing ) to serve as a match videos archive, all the links are to youtube, every player who has a name in game has had it translated, players who had joke names have had their "real" names put in instead (To the best of my abilities) I also included the names in kana incase you want to try seaching nico or something for them. I'm only including UNiST videos, I think I got all of the ones that have been posted in this topic (including links that broke when dustloop transitioned to the new layout). I enabled editing so if I missed anything you can post it yourself, if you don't know who a player is don't worry about it, just post the link. Hopefully no one vandalizes it.

There's also some videos on there that I don't think got posted here, mostly matches involving desumo. They're kind of old so you may have seen them but whatever

Desumo vs taico_ (vatista)

Desumo vs Ma-Kun (phonon)

minomushi vs mit (vatista)

Shimazaki made an evernote about chaos unist combos.

I might try transcribing the notation in english to a google doc when I'm less sleepy, but I don't actually speak Japanese, so his notes are pretty much all lost on me.

But in any event 2.7k meterless midscreen and 3k with a bar off throw sounds cool. (I think he then goes on to say it gets a bit more damaging with a harder pick-up).

(I like, half translated it https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x-Gq73EEXtkwNx5b7xhcTbXus8her0vQO_hAIq5mqmI/edit?usp=sharing )

Since a lot of old links on DL are broken following the forum move, I made this doc which has the same info as the OP, but with working links, and links to some resources that have pop'd up since the thread started. I'm keeping it so that only I can edit because I don't want it to get messed with, but if you want me to add something yell at me here or on twitter.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VtgB8dsVNtrRtvbIoThUzy2tuy_Wwm_zut9f8GR7des/edit?usp=sharing

On an unrelated note, a chaos throw combo finally got recorded! (He also plays a bunch more matches in the video, there's links to all of them on the video doc) The set-up he does is max range 5bb>22a>run up throw. If they mash out they can hit chaos, but it looks like it was outside the range of a lot of carmine buttons (he'd probably have to 5b, I imagine c normals would be too slow) and you can always do a delayed 2C/5C instead of 22a to frame trap.

Throw>22x does 2.2 (in vorpal, basic damage is ~2k) by itself, the combo he did does 2.8(2.5 basic) but he could have done more with a different combo (shimazaki's combo doc lists a throw combo that does 2.7 w/o vorpal that's basically this, but with a 623b.) I think the player here wasn't sure if azhi had regenerated moves since the last time he used 623b so he played it safe. He also could have spent meter to up the damage either with an EX ender or an xvo, but he probably wanted to save the meter for next round.

Papupipu showed up in a video recently and dominated. His streak starts here (9:62) and keeps going through the entirety of part 3, and doesn't end until near the end of part 4. Some of the players are kinda low rip, but a few are high ranked with their character.

Chaos vs Eltnum
the way he uses 22a makes me wonder if they azhi is actually invincible until he hits?

Chaos vs Seth

Ranked 1 Chaos vs Ranked 1 Seth

oh he used 22x in the air for a cross-up. pretty interesting.

So when you tech in exe:late (probably still in ST) there's a couple of frames where you're forced into a standing hurtbox. What this means is you effectively get the gord/wald instant overhead mix-up on everyone but only on their wake-up. You can get a set-up that lets you hit overhead with Azhi biting at just the right timing to confirm pretty easily by doing anything>214c>66c>immediate 22b>immediate rising assault j.a

if they wake-up standing you can of course low them, and once you get them watching for assault start-up you can go for a grab right before the bite hits.

Here's a video showing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvCxaWL859Y&feature=youtu.be

https://twitter.com/A_crimefighter/status/888129344236695553

New midscreen safejump using 236[/B] works off an A starter. It's maybe a bit easier if you whiff cancel into 5A/2A after the 623B but you don't need to.

Notation if you can't read the inputs:

2A>2B>2C>236A>236[/B]>623A>623B>2C>jump cancel towards>j.6D>j.B

You can substitute j.B for j.2C or any other air normal if you want. You also need to delay the j.6D a bit, I don't have any tips for that tho :(