Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Chaos

got the game last night and using this character cuz he looks rad cool and has a lizard friend.

You have good taste in characters

One question i had was when your lizard disappears, what relevance does that have and how does it happen/can he come back?

There's a weird blue thing under chaos's health bar, when it's blue you can use Azhi/lizard friend, when it's red it means Azhi is doing something, when it's grey it means Azhi got hit and has to take a time out. I wouldn't really look at it in match, but if you want to get the length of time out down it's a useful reference.

Has anyone figured out 22B and why it's not always consistent? It feels like sometimes the attack comes out far too late for oki.

Azhi should pop right out if he's on top of the oppoenent, if he travels too far past them he'll wait a second. Depending on your knockdown you might knock them too far back or have Azhi in a bad spot. FWIW 66c seems to knock them the perfect distance back to do a 22b if Azhi is right next to chaos. If Azhi is like, way far and you need 22b you can always burn 100 meter for the ex version and have Azhi teleport right to them.

Also I put a bunch of the anti-air info into a video I hope it is useful to someone

Strongly wouldn't recommend using the 236B when Azhi is behind them. Some characters like Eltnum can duck under at very close ranges. I like using 214B cause it covers the air infront of you, allows you to go in if they respect it, and can't destroy it easily cause it's coming from behind.

Seems to be some combo instability on Linne. Namely 236B after a 2C.

Good to know: Chaos' Infinite Worth is basically Hazama's Mizuchi; it autotargets the floor where the opponent is. So it's a great anti-zoner tool for neutral. I have no idea if it has invuln or anything like that, but it's pretty fast regardless. You can easily end a match by landing a 236A at fullscreen then comboing into it as well. It can work on 6C too if you manage to snag someone with that during neutral.

Important: Make sure to hold the A button during certain combos to ensure the lizard continues to walk toward the opponent. This means he'll be in range when you need him. He walks -really- slowly so it's important.

Combos: This has melty-style normals so you can freely gatling between any of em so long as you haven't used them before. Make sure to use your heaviest hits whenever you can. Good example is on his air loop. I see jB>jC>j2C>2C but you can do jC>jB>j2C>2C in this game and it's more optimal.

Chaos is my mans. He's a really fun character to play.

Playing this character is kinda weird in the sense that you have to force your opponents to make mistakes, and then punish them for it. In this way, he sorta reminds me of Liz from P4U. Azhi is pretty good at annoying the opponent into frustration as well (I like that you can even harass your opponent from the entire screen's distance). Really, the only thing that I dislike about Chaos is his lack of mixup. The mixup after you score a knockdown feels really "linear" since your main options are going to just be something like 6D j2C or 2A (w/ the grab OS of course). I think I have more success in letting my opponents hang themselves than I do in mixing them up. 

I also would like to ask about 236/22A. I'm aware that 236A is negative on block, but if you end your blockstring with 22A, is it really an issue? I don't think I've gotten punished doing 236A>22A; granted, I was a decent distance away from my opponent.

If you do 236A>22A too close to the corner Azhi pops right out and can get hit, but chaos seems to be safe at every distance (I did pretty limited testing though, will check more after casuals)

Here is a new combo route I made using some findings in this thread. Currently most optimal thing I've got.

Corner:
5A>5C>2C>delay 5BB>jC>jB>j2C>2C>236A>236B>delay 623B>214B (hold)

DM: 2678

The cool thing is, at max range the 5B can whiff but the 5BB will still connect.

his infinite worth? is that what they are called? is like his only reversal and it hits like instantaneously if they are mashing your wakeup etc 

his infinite worth? is that what they are called? is like his only reversal and it hits like instantaneously if they are mashing your wakeup etc 

Yeah 41236D is universal and called Infinite Worth.

Combos: This has melty-style normals so you can freely gatling between any of em so long as you haven't used them before. Make sure to use your heaviest hits whenever you can. Good example is on his air loop. I see jB>jC>j2C>2C but you can do jC>jB>j2C>2C in this game and it's more optimal.

I just tried both versions

When you do them raw it does:

jB > jC > j2C > 2C - 1403 dmg

jC > jB > j2C > 2C - 1436 dmg

When you do it with the 5CC starter it does:

5CC > jB > jC > j2C > 2C - 1853 dmg

5CC > jC > jB > j2C > 2C - 1839 dmg

When you do it with the 2A starter bnb midscreen without the puppet it does:

2A > 2B > 2C > 5CC > jB > jC > j2C > 2C > 6C - 2175 dmg

2A > 2B > 2C > 5CC > jC > jB > j2C > 2C > 6C - 2175 dmg

The full midscreen bnb does:

2A > 2B > 2C > 5CC > jB > jC > j2C > 2C > 6C > 236A > 236B > 214A > 214B - 2653 dmg

2A > 2B > 2C > 5CC > jC > jB > j2C > 2C > 6C > 236A > 236B > 214A > 214B - 2653 dmg

There is near to no dmg difference when you have a lengthy starter. For very short starters the jB > jC is better. If you start it raw jC > jB > j2C is better but you do jB for air to air action. So overall jB > jC is better I think

Thanks to Nemesis for the help, I can do the combo almost consistently now. I think taking a sleep really helped my muscle memory xD

j.C > j.B > j.2C does more damage in more short routes than j.B > j.C > j.2C from my tests. As shown the damage difference is very small in the end and you should really just go for what's more comfortable for you. I personally like using the opposite button used before the jump cancel. They really balanced the damage and prorations values. Higher the damage, lower the proration. Lower the damage, higher the proration.

5CC > jB >  jC drops on Linne. The jB>jC route does seem to have better proration at times. I think GRD vorpal through my numbers off in training and I got confused.

Random combo tips:

Whenever you do 236B>623B>ender make sure to give the 623B a bit of delay to ensure follow-ups work, including 236C

In order for 236C to land it's last hit on a 5B confirm, you need to drop the jC and do it like this:

5B>2C>5CC>jB>delay j2C>2C>6C>236A>236B>623B>236C

On 2B you have to give up 2C as well, which means vs Linne (and possibly others) you're required to use the jC>jB route.

2B>5CC>jC>jB>j2C>2C>6C>236A>236B>623B>236C

If you're trying to do IW off of 236A on a launched opponent, make sure to delay both the 236A so they fall, and the IW so they fall backwards a bit so they don't fall backward out of it's active box. This seems to be an especially difficult thing with Linne (she's just problematic with everything, basically)

Has anyone found an optimal combo route for IW? I know 236C is way more economical but sometimes damage is all that matters. Of course there's also Veil Off combos which I haven't experiment with much yet.

all this combo theory and talk is great but if you guys havent been mashing out his neutral and working with that your in for a world of hurt - seriously work on it cause holy shit does it feel like a steep learning curve. Especially against faster characters and rush down types - Im finding tho that ppl get really scared of moving around alot if your proficiency with mid/full screen Azhi is enough to catch them and do a few 1500 dmg combos (or even lower) youll cause ppl to respect WAY more than they like and second guess themselves - and foolish players will leave themselves open for full screen IW

Aerial Azhi 236A the god.

When doing midrange zoning, i'd recommend doing your actions in the air as it reduces the worst case scenario of getting hit by a good starter with an easy confirm on the ground.

5CC > jB >  jC doesn't drop on Linne you just have to delay the jB a bit. Its pretty strict you cant do it too late or too early. But You're right I'd rather do the jC > jB version on Linne since its much easier to do

Thanks for the tip Kurushii.

Does anyone know a good meterless corner combo which does more than 2,7k dmg?

In order for 236C to land it's last hit on a 5B confirm, you need to drop the jC and do it like this:

5B>2C>5CC>jB>delay j2C>2C>6C>236A>236B>623B>236C

I just tried the combo it totally works it does 3326 dmg

Also its easier for me to delay the jB instead of the j2C (only tried it on Hyde though)

5BB > 5C > jC > jB > j2C > 2C > 6C > 236A > 236B > 623B > 236C does 3343 dmg

236A > 236B > 623A > 623B > 236C does 2,563 dmg

I just tried the combo it totally works it does 3326 dmg

Also its easier for me to delay the jB instead of the j2C (only tried it on Hyde though)

I know, that's why I posted it lol. I just found a slightly more optimal route though. Seems like 5CC is not preferable to jC

So: 5B>2C>5C>jB>jC>j2C>2C>6C>236A>236B>623B>236C for 3336

Another random combo tip: You can jump backwards during lizard moves to give yourself a fake wall quicker (stretching the screen to fullscreen). Jumping forward, inversely, will mess up your combo enders because the Lizard won't reach a "wall"

236C never seems to work on A confirms, but 214C works great.

5A>5B>2C>5CC>jB>jC>j2C>2C>6C>236A>236B>623B>214C for 3137

Also you can do 5A>5C>2C>delay 5BB instead for 3161 but not sure how I feel about that for both blockstrings and the fact that 5B whiffs at long range on that route. All things considered I don't think 24 damage is worth the risk.

Does anyone know a good meterless corner combo which does more than 2,7k dmg?

5B>5C>236A>2C>6C>22A>DashC>22A Hits>DashC>236B>623B. 2.8k no boost.

After 22A launch, can do j.B>j.C>j.2C instead of Dash C

More combo quirks:

Nanase: On certain routes the j2C can actually whiff. Example is 5A>5B>2C>5C>jB>jC>j2C if you're not point blank at the start. She has quite a few problems with longer range confirms and jumping attacks. Thankfully this is usually remedied with a 5CC or a 5BB. They move you forward enough to compensate. Try doing a long range 5A confirm combo on Hyde then on Nanase and you'll really appreciate the difference.

Eltnum: Combo enders just like to fail on her, including 236C and 214C. Even on C confirms sometimes. Make sure to really delay 623B so she's low enough for it to work.

Finally! A UNiEL thread that's right for me! :D

I'll be visiting this thread frequently in hopes of getting something with Chaos along with you all.

Couldn't find a combo video for Chaos so. . . .  i made my own :v:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJUutQFIF70

Feel like i should have checked the thread a bit more to see if everything was optimal but this should at least give everyone a good starting point with the character .
Feel free to let me know what you all think be it good or bad im sure to respond :yaaay:

PS: Please be gentle its my 1st combo video :toot:

Not sure if this is the max meterless damage in the corner, but I don't think I have a more damaging combo:

5B>2B>236A>5A(whiff)>66C>623A>forward jB>jC>j2C>2C>236B>623B 

You get 2873 damage. It's kinda hard to time 5A whiff > 66C though.

Edit: LordSpectre's route is arguably easier and this combo only does 12 more damage. I guess you can go for it if you want to optimize, but "guaranteed damage" from completed combos is always nice.

Amateur Chaos player here.

So what exactly should I be doing in neutral to control space with Chaos, and also, durring pressure. What should I do if I'm to far from my Lizard Buddy to rely on him to reset pressure?

Amateur Chaos player here.

So what exactly should I be doing in neutral to control space with Chaos, and also, durring pressure. What should I do if I'm to far from my Lizard Buddy to rely on him to reset pressure?

I posted a video and combos and pressure information on the first page - go back and read it instead of asking ppl to spell everything out cause no one is going too. It sounds harsh but in all seriousness Chaos is not an easy character even by the slightest degree and no one is gonna spell everything out for you cause we are all trying to answer those questions optimally ourselves and Ive already found myself cursing the match ups more than a few times (a few times pretty loudly) 

Aerial Azhi 236A the god.

more like J.236C the god if you ask me - ive won more games this way than I care to count - Psuedo Reversal power!

--- side note - I discovered today in a match vs a Byakuya that our IW hits somewhat off the ground as he TK'd a spider web and I caught him in the air after his resource placement but before his Air dash. Dunno if anyone else has tested or seen this

so like ctrl said - alot like Mizuchi but how High off the ground is the question atm

Highest meterless corner combo dmg Ive managed is 

5CC >5BB> J.(8)C> J.2C > J.B > land > 3C > 6C > 236B > 623B > 623A + oki

~3038 dmg 

With meter 

5CC >5BB> J.(8)C> J.2C > J.B > land > 3C > 6C > 236B > 623B > 236C

~3500 dmg 

5CC >5BB> J.(8)C> J.2C > J.B > land > 3C > 6C > 623A/B > 236B > 236C

Consistent 3567

If it hits Eltnum and Linne it should hit everyone

Doing Veil Off > 6C > 214C > mixup is kinda nice. 

btw;

5B>2C>5CC>j.B>j.C>j.2C>DashC>2C>236A>236B>214C>DashC - 3600 DMG

Edit:

5CC >5BB> J.(8)C> J.2C > J.B > land > 3C > 6C > 623A/B > 236B > 236C

Consistent 3567

Add a Dash C at the End. 3672 dmg.

ahh snap! I was wondering about how we could use 66C!

I assume this combo is midscreen or what? can it only be done using the 214c?