Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Chaos

ahh snap! I was wondering about how we could use 66C!

I assume this combo is midscreen or what? can it only be done using the 214c?

As I said in my edit, you can do it in your combo too. My combo is midscreen, but you can't do the Dash C ender midscreen, works in the corner. It's very stable. You can even do this combo from an A Starter if you do 5BB instead of 5CC.

2A>2B>5C>5BB>j.B>j.C>j.2C>DashC>2C>236A>236B>214C = 3240. 

Apologies for the double post, but it's 5AM and I wanna sleep and I feel this needs it's own thing as it's kinda important for Chaos. 

Corner Veil Off Combos

Anything>2C>236A>236B>623B>236C>5A(whiff)>Veil Off>2C>41236D - Can even be done off 2A starter, make you sure get as far away from the corner as possible before doing 2C, e.g. 2A>5B>5C>2C works fine. You just can't do point blank 2A>2C. Does at least 4000 damage even from a 2A starter. Universal.

5CC>5BB>j.[8]C>j.2C>j.B>2C>236A>236B>623B>236C>CS>WalkBack>Veil Off>2C>41236D - 4769 DMG. 

Tried doing something with a standard combo into launcher into Veil Off, but didn't get very good results. Still, if you need that last bit of meter, then;

Anything>5BB>j.[8]B>j.C>j.2C>2C>236B>236C>CS>Walkback>Veil Off>2C>41236D - At least about 3800 dmg.

I'll work on developing these, see if you guys can come up with anything reliable.

Doing Veil Off > 6C > 214C > mixup is kinda nice. 

btw;

5B>2C>5CC>j.B>j.C>j.2C>DashC>2C>236A>236B>214C>DashC - 3600 DMG

Edit:

Add a Dash C at the End. 3672 dmg.

This does 3278. You must've had GRD vorpal on.

This does 3278. You must've had GRD vorpal on.

Nemesis' combos were as well, so i did the vorpal ver as a direct comparison.

How're you guys hitting xx>jC>j2C>jB>5C/2C in the corner? I can somewhat get it midscreen but I can never get it in the corner.

Just wasn't doing it early enough, woops. Nice combo findings though!

Apologies for the double post, but it's 5AM and I wanna sleep and I feel this needs it's own thing as it's kinda important for Chaos. 

Corner Veil Off Combos

Anything>2C>236A>236B>623B>236C>5A(whiff)>Veil Off>2C>41236D - Can even be done off 2A starter, make you sure get as far away from the corner as possible before doing 2C, e.g. 2A>5B>5C>2C works fine. You just can't do point blank 2A>2C. Does at least 4000 damage even from a 2A starter. Universal.

5CC>5BB>j.[8]C>j.2C>j.B>2C>236A>236B>623B>236C>CS>WalkBack>Veil Off>2C>41236D - 4769 DMG. 

Tried doing something with a standard combo into launcher into Veil Off, but didn't get very good results. Still, if you need that last bit of meter, then;

Anything>5BB>j.[8]B>j.C>j.2C>2C>236B>236C>CS>Walkback>Veil Off>2C>41236D - At least about 3800 dmg.

I'll work on developing these, see if you guys can come up with anything reliable.

Here's what I got that seems reliable:

5B - 4278 damage

5B>2C>5CC>j8.B>jC>j2C>2C>236A>236C>Chain Shift>(walk back) Veil Off>2C>IW

Lots less damage, but super reliable 5C

does 4208

5C>2C>5B>jB>jC>j2C>2C>236A>236C>Chain Shift>(walk back) Veil Off>2C>IW

Nemesis' combos were as well, so i did the vorpal ver as a direct comparison.

I dont even know what GRD vorpal is - aside from noticing it from time to time - much less the conditions it requires... Is that why I see "bonus dmg" ?

Orz...and here I thought I was helping

GRD Vorpal occurs when you have more GRD than your opponent after the countdown on the grid. You get bonus damage & the ability to chainshift.

Also, in regards to that CS > veil off combo route, I'm still having trouble getting it. When I walk back and do veil off, the opponent flies over my head, and they tech immediately after. Does it even have to hit the opponent? 

GRD Vorpal occurs when you have more GRD than your opponent after the countdown on the grid. You get bonus damage & the ability to chainshift.

Also, in regards to that CS > veil off combo route, I'm still having trouble getting it. When I walk back and do veil off, the opponent flies over my head, and they tech immediately after. Does it even have to hit the opponent? 

The Veil Off is not supposed to hit the opponent, hence why you walk back before activating it. 

I finally have days off so I'm gonna spend the day practicing my neutral game, since I haven't been able to get that down yet.

Not sure if anyone saw my post or just didn't have anything to say about the:

~~~BASIC CHAOS COMBO VIDEO~~~ -By Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJUutQFIF70 <<<< Right There :toot:

Just wanted a lil feedback on it so i can see what needs to be changed here and there so i can put that info in the description of the video itself. Id hate to send out the wrong info to people trying to pick Chaos up :v: . Anywhoo I was also thinking about coming out with a Breakdown video for Chaos like about Neutral vs certain characters, not being able to use Lizard specials twice in a combo ( 5C,236A,2C,236A <<<Dat dont work :mad: ) Oki,etc etc. Theres some things I may miss with the character so i wanted to see if we could all come up with something as a group =D

LordSpectreX Put out some really good info on the 1st page but i know some people are more Visual. Also small error about 214A/B . They both send out one Fireball but (B) goes a bit further i believe. Holding the button while pressing A/B  makes them shoot 2 fireballs.

TLDR:How we gon make chaos better >=3 ?

Hi ! Received the game today and want to main Chaos so I came here to see what have been found already and try some stuff =3

From what I've tested (all on Linne):

~~~~

22A/B ==> You can grab her with 2C when she fall, which do more damage (you still can go  for the oki though)

22A/B > 2C > delay 5CC > jB > jC > j2C > 2C > 6C > 236A > 236B > 623B > 623A (3080 damage, you can surely add a dash C after j2C, but I hate the timing to link 2C after and the bonus damage isn't that high so).

22A/B > jA > jB > jC > 2C > delay 5CC > JB > jC > j2C > oki (2465 damage).

As for how to place 22A/B, I'm not sure how to test this one:

-Whatever > jB > jC > j2C > 2C > 22B > BC (roll)

I think it's too slow to cross-up with the roll, but need confirmation.

~~~~

For Veil off combo, I've been messing around to see the damage; nothing spectacular, however found a fun one (You're already in Veil off for those 2):

Edit : Veil off > 22B > 623C > jB > jC > j2C > 2C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 5A whiff > 2C > IW (5035 damage)

Veil-off > j2C > 5B > 2C > 5CC > jB > jC > j2C >  2C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 5A whiff > 2C > IW (4881 damage)

The second is just a normal combo which do a lot of damage because of the aerial starter (CAUTION: with a normal jump, NOT an assault).

However, the first combo may be interesting though difficult to place in match. Something like against Vatista, you 22B then Veil-off to protect the attack. However I don't know how fast it is really, neither if Chaos have a little recovery to block after.

Btw, got a trophy after the 5000 combo, don't know if it's only for Chaos, for all, or if it's because I passed a lot of hours in training xD

~~~~

Mr Oso ==> Your video cover all of the BnB we know from a lot of starter, so think it's pretty good.

And be patient, we just got the game, cheat tier Chaos coming in the future ;D

For Veil off combo, I've been messing around to see the damage; nothing spectacular, however found a fun one (You're already in Veil off for those 2):

Veil off > 22C > 623C > jB > jC > j2C > 2C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 5A whiff > 2C > IW (5035 damage)

Veil-off > j2C > 5B > 2C > 5CC > jB > jC > j2C >  2C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 5A whiff > 2C > IW (4881 damage)

Woah that 1st combo is siiiiiiiiick!!! Nice one Abyss :toot:

Really wish 22C was faster so i could put the fear in people from fullscreen so me and Ahzi could play ping pong D=

Veil off > 22C > 623C > jB > jC > j2C > 2C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 5A whiff > 2C > IW (5035 damage)

The second is just a normal combo which do a lot of damage because of the aerial starter (CAUTION: with a normal jump, NOT an assault).

My Veil-off wears off way before I can do the 2C>IW. I'm even doin the full activation. Is there something I'm missing here?

Did you mean 22B? Cuz I get this on 22B

DM: 5041 (no vorpal) 5467 (vorpal)

Veil Off>22B>623C>jB>jC>j2C>2C>236A>236C>5A whiff>2C>6C>IW

The best part is you can do 22B>Veil Off and still get it easily. You have to go as soon as possible though so no room for hit confirming (there really shouldn't be with a 5k combo though, honestly)

New Corner Veil-Off Combo Route:

DM: 4686

5B>2C>5CC>jB>jC>j2C>2C>236B>214B(full hold)>236C>Chain Shift>Veil Off>2C>IW

Not only does this do a good chunk more but it's also super easy. They're so high in the air you no longer need to walk backwards to Veil-Off properly.

The Combos into Veil Offs I posted earlier also work midscreen-to-corner (around match start onwards). Only difference is that you must CS after 236C on both versions. Basically;

5CC>5BB>j.8C>j.2C>j.B>2C>236A>236B>623B>236C>CS>Veil Off>Run Like a Madman>2C>IW does about 4.8k.

x>2C>236A>236B>623B>236C>CS>Veil Off>Run Forest Run>2C>IW

Nice ways to close out a game.

New Corner Veil-Off Combo Route:

DM: 4686

5B>2C>5CC>jB>jC>j2C>2C>236B>214B(full hold)>236C>Chain Shift>Veil Off>2C>IW

Not only does this do a good chunk more but it's also super easy. They're so high in the air you no longer need to walk backwards to Veil-Off properly.

That's a really cool, though I will point out that this doesn't work from any starter, so careful. I would still walk back anyway since big characters and you have more than enough time to do so anyway, but good damage. 

Oh, and one last but very important thing.

You don't actually need to CS in any of these corner combos on some characters. On the 5CC>5BB route, you can whiff 5A after the 236C and use Veil Off just when they're about to get knocked back up in the air. The same applies to the 5B>2C>5CC>combos, however, you MUST be able to do NEUTRAL jump j.B>j.C>j.2C, in order to get enough distance in the corner. I'll make a full list later, but this universally works on Hyde, meaning you don't need CS to do these combos whatsoever.

Edit: You can actually do the veil off combo without cs by jumping forward, but the timing is fairly strict and probably super character specific. j.2C proration is stupid.

I'm curious about this character, i've been told he has very lengthy frametraps but i've yet to see it (well i skewer most chaos players and kill their lizard)

are there any that he has that are true block strings? 

I'm curious about this character, i've been told he has very lengthy frametraps but i've yet to see it (well i skewer most chaos players and kill their lizard)

are there any that he has that are true block strings? 

He has ways to reset pressure in tricky ways. For example, he can do 22A/22B during a blockstring, it's not actually safe, but if you try to punish too late, he can block and the 22A/B will come out and punish. If you block, then he can go in and start a new pressure string.

He has ways to reset pressure in tricky ways. For example, he can do 22A/22B during a blockstring, it's not actually safe, but if you try to punish too late, he can block and the 22A/B will come out and punish. If you block, then he can go in and start a new pressure string.

His pressure during blocking honestly seems really bad to me. No overheads and you can't jump on blockstrings. He has some good uses for resets during actual hits though with j2C. You can actually combo j2C on 236A on a standing opponent, so delaying it gives you an instant overhead and a reset at the same time. Outside of actual hits though this character feels incredibly weak. Frame traps are cool and all but really not very good once people are used to them. I would gladly trade a bunch of mid frame traps for some actual mixup.

Hey everyone I don't main Chaos but i do sub him and i like him alot but i need some help the Hilda MU is really hurting me a lot. Its like i got no tools to get in when Hilda spaces me out and the B+C move does not have enough invincibility to make him go through some moves and Azhi comes out way to slow. So any ideas?

Hey everyone I don't main Chaos but i do sub him and i like him alot but i need some help the Hilda MU is really hurting me a lot. Its like i got no tools to get in when Hilda spaces me out and the B+C move does not have enough invincibility to make him go through some moves and Azhi comes out way to slow. So any ideas?

You approach zoners by getting the lizard out, then holding the button and having him walk. He can't be hit walking. Once he's close enough just be patient and block til you've got an opening. You're IW is godly vs zoners as well.

Hilda has to respect 6c, that's the only thing i can tell you

I don't really think hilda has any moves to beat that r1 tbh, i have to check

That's the only tool she has to respect because if you try to harass her full screen you'll eat a skewer and poof dead lizard 

I guess you need to just go dumb and rush her, maybe do some rolls also? I actually want to face a good chaos because I dont want to believe that mu is as free as I think it is 

You approach zoners by getting the lizard out, then holding the button and having him walk. He can't be hit walking. Once he's close enough just be patient and block til you've got an opening. You're IW is godly vs zoners as well.

I second this. I'd also like to mention that 22C is an okay option to use if you're locked down & have a small amount of breathing room. When Hilda is blocking Azhi, you can pretty much gain some ground against her. 

I wouldn't really feel gungho about throwing out 6C either since it has considerable startup. It's not a bad option at all, but you could definitely get blown up for it. The reflected projectile doesn't travel fullscreen either :v:.

Does anyone have any experience with the Akatsuki MU? I've mostly been playing my friend online who uses him, and it seems like a MU in our favor, but I keep dropping things and getting punished hard.  I don't really know how to approach him cuz it seems like he can just destroy my lizard easily when I try to pressure full screen, and he has that air grab and uppercut to stuff me if I approach from the air.

At first glance the MU looks like its in our favor, however its probably even. Maybe slightly in his favor, his projectile is very effective at gaining ground against us. Not only can he change the speed by swapping out 236a/b to confuse and make it harder to reflect, but it also goes right through Dahaka. 
On a more pressing note, while Dahaka is in 22a/b state, Azhi can still be commanded. He will not come out from the shadow unless the enemy is close, so at neutral use 22a/b to force him underground... People think he is gone, then 236a/b to punish any attempt at moving forward. 

Ctrlaltwtf ==> yeah, was on 22B, I've wrote shit here, I've let my gauge refilling instantly so I was having 200 at the end...And then I was like "god you can use 22C !"

So yeah, the combo is more like that:

22B > Veil-off > 623C > jB > jC > J2C > 2C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 5A whiff > 2C > IW (5139 damage).

Maybe it's possible to 22B, and Veil-off to "protect" the distance attack from enemy that Azhi can grab them?

~~~~

A fun fact, full-screen, if you hit with 623A CH when Azhi is really close to the opponent, you can do 623A > 22A.

You can't hitconfirm the 623A CH (neither you'll place it that close in match), but you can activate Veil-off while 22A is hitting.

The thing is, you already used "Wall-bounce" 2 time, so you can't do a lot after that.