Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Nanase

How you getting that punish combo? i'm doing 5C, 3C, B+C,236A. now i get the rising J.8C, but miss the J.2C. Is it where I place the 236A? Is this character specific? I tried on Carmine.

gotta hit the j.8C as soon as you leave the ground and then j.2C right after

i'm having trouble getting the j.BB to hit after the 236A~6C

i must not be hitting the microdash right

gotta hit the j.8C as soon as you leave the ground and then j.2C right after

i'm having trouble getting the j.BB to hit after the 236A~6C

i must not be hitting the microdash right

You can time it but microdash works easiest from when I was doing it and what Hiro noted. I was doing the combo on Orie

So does whiff 236B ~ C have invul before the cross up? A lot of my opponents attacks whiffs when I do it. I sometimes get hit but its rare. I use this when I'm doing j.236B land 236B ~ C 

Here is a combo I came up with today.

2B > 2C > 236B~C > j[C] > jB > j2C > 3C > jC > j2C > 5B > 5C > 214A~C [2770 DMG]

2B > 2C > 236B~C > j[C] > jB > j2C > 3C > jC > j2C > 5B > 5C > 214EX [3103 DMG] 

Probably might be the go to midscreen punish combo for now. With 5C starter it reaches 3k. With 236C super ender 3.4k. With super ender and GRD Bonus 3.7k. WIth IW ender its 3.9k and with GRD bonus it reaches 4.3k

*Credits to HiroGuy

Corner Punish Combo

• 5C > 3C > B+C~j.236A > Rising j.8C j.2C > 2C > 236A~6C > microdash j.BB j.2C > 2C > 214A~A [3220 DMG]

3.6k with 236C ender, 4.2k with IW.

Is there a trick to landing the  B+C~j.236A after the 3C because I literally go to high and the projectile comes out way to slow, I have also tried tiger kneeing the projectile and no dice there. Any tips?

Is there a trick to landing the  B+C~j.236A after the 3C because I literally go to high and the projectile comes out way to slow, I have also tried tiger kneeing the projectile and no dice there. Any tips?

you just gotta do it faster, there's no trick to it

hit B+C and then right after it starts up and you leave the ground, do 236A

you just gotta do it faster, there's no trick to it

hit B+C and then right after it starts up and you leave the ground, do 236A

i was retarded and read the 3C as 2C problem solved.

I haven't done this combo, but it's functionally similar enough to mine, except for he goes for a much more reliable starter. If you're uncomfortable with the B+C, or it throws you off, just TK the fireball. Or do B+C but do a TK motion anyway. It's sort of hard to explain the timing, but when you get it you'll understand.

More stuff I've found, by the way... ON THE TOPIC OF PRESSURING AND APPROACHING OPPONENTS.

-On Approach-

-Be weary of how you use your j.236B, since it leaves you in a pretty crappy position with a lot of the cast.

-If you do, be sure to space with your 5C. Also feel free to throw out an extra j.236A out, as it'll catch jumpers.

-When approaching, 6D->Floating helps a lot. 6D and try to float in a way that baits an anti-air so you can go in for a punish or a 236A.

-Once you are in...

-Pressure-

-Start crouching. It's sort of easier to manage your reverse gatling-ing this way, due to her standing normals having a decent range on em.

-Feel free to use your 236A/B. Don't quote me on using the B version, figure it wouldn't hurt. Do NOT do this without doing a followup. From what I've seen... here are the results of safe-ness...

-6A followup should be SAFE UNSAFE. 6B followup should be UNSAFE. DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU ARE CONFIDENT THEY WON'T STAND BLOCK. 6C is UNSAFE, WITH A CATCH... The enemy can hit you out of the final frames of this, but not the initial ones. ONLY DO THIS IF YOUR OPPONENT IS BEING VERY CAUTIOUS.

-Feel free to cancel your pressure into a Float (B+C) after any normal. This allows you to (unofficially) jump cancel moves, which gives you TONS of options. You can empty jump, you can 236B (don't do 236A on some characters this close, it just whiffs unless they jump), you can do the same thing over, rinse-repeat... the options are sort of endless. Be weary of getting anti aired for it, but I think even that can be handled by a well placed j.2C.

Edit: 6A follow up is not safe, but sometimes... crosses up? Weird.

Variation of the j.236.A fireball combo with a A starter

Midscreen Damage:2509 with a 214.AA finisher

2A > 2C > 2B > j.BB > j.[C] > j.236.A > rejump j.A > j.B > j.2C > 2C > finisher

So I did about 35+ matches earlier and.... shits hard. Mostly my fault for confirming into a lot of the wrong combos though. But certain problems kept coming up throughout the matches

Since it's day 2 pretty much everyone and their moms are raw assaulting across the screen and throwing out air normals like idiots. I would usually call the iad and I would run up 3C and the opponent would go over my head, land next to me, and press 2AAAAAAAAAAAA. And I'd be hit. This happened about 5 times with different characters until I just came to the conclusion that 3C leaves a lot to be desired in neutral. It's great when your under pressure and you call an assault though. It's hitbox is pretty vertical but lacks horizontal range. Which is why they would just go pass my head a lot of the time.

So I figured I'd just intercept with j.A/B instead. But I didn't create combos for them beforehand. Made some now though

• (Air to Air) j.A j.B j.2C > 2C > 5C > j.[C] j.BB j.2C > 2C > 214A~A [2485 DMG]

• (Air to air) J.BB j.2C > dash 3C > B+C > j.[C] j.8C j.BB j.2C > 2C > 214A~A [2659 DMG]

B Swirl is decent in neutral at ground control. People would either stop what they were doing or iad over it and throw out a normal. A Swirl can stop an iad attempts and leads into good damage if you manage to catch them. But dont use these two every single time you need to get it. Several characters have answers for them or they can just run full screen and bop you

Her normals.. aren't very great in neutral. I would be outprioritized pretty often. And it was extremely annoying

During pressing, only start doing B+C > iad/j.236A stuff after they've respected you or pretty rarely. If they just mashing during blockstun a limb will most likely hit you. But if you see them mashing delay your strings and frametrap them

Also updated corner overhead from oki

•  j.236B~d.C hit > 3C > j.BB j.[C] > j.236A > j.A j.B j.2C > 2C > 214A~A [3114 DMG]

If j.236 hits it's 3114 DMG. If they block it but dont block the overhead then the damage is 2158. 

Honestly I think I've been working on combos too much and I created too many different routes and I was actually confused on what to go into and some matches. Might rework everything. Mostly the midscreen routes

i think it's pretty common to have a billion combo routes when it comes to new characters

i'm trying not to drill any of this stuff too hard just yet, don't wanna grind in muscle memory for poorly-optimized routes unless i absolutely have to

This character's pressure is really dumb. Mix up between doing 2C > B+C > 6D > j.BA and 2C > 2A(w) > 5C pressure. You can even do j.B B+C j.B, j.B B+C j.BB or j.B land 2B for mixups or any other combination of overhead move.

I've discern that d.C is safe on block and d.B is not. However, if you have the reaction time for it if you see it's blocked, 4B+C away or do whatever.

For j.B air to air I use the following:

j.B j.2C 2C 5C j.BB j.[C] j.236A <land> j.A j.B j.2C 3C B+C j.2C j.236B [2576 DMG + setup]

j.B j.2C 2C 5C j.BB j.[C] j.236A <land> j.A j.B j.2C 2C 214A~A [2758 DMG]

Also works with j.C starter

I've been playing mostly matches and not too obsessed with the combo game, been using a lot of the fireball oki combos which I think I will try other stuff today because I never really find myself able to convert the fireball oki into anything meaningful. Her fireball game means a lot, and you want to play it til you get chain shift if possible. From there 236B CS becomes one of her deadliest tactics for full screen hit confirms or forcing pressure on your opponent. 2B is pretty good, so fast and a lot more range than the A attacks that people love mashing on. To deal with assault easily, use j.236a.

214C is a great move. It's + on block, so you can throw it out even if you know it will be blocked just to do stuff like escape the corner or give yourself frame advantage, it's great at punishing a lot of stuff on reaction, and then you get a free combo after.

BC fireball out of blocked attacks is decent pressure, but punishable if used predictably.

When at nearly point blank range, assault into 6BC will create a cross up scenario.

Be aggressive in your air to air game. Nanase has way more flexibility in the air and a lot of priority against most. Converting air to air scenarios into combos on landing is best done with 5C.

Matchup stuff.

Vs. Gordeau

Stay out his scythe range while playing a fireball game to cover your approaches. Gordeaus will learn how to use their scythe better in this matchup so don't be sloppy with your fireball game, you can try to bait scythe attacks with fireball approaches. This matchup isn't as hard as I thought it would be, the only real problem I had was when I got too predictable with my fireball game and approaches and they started using their scythe effectively, but once you're in 5B range, it's a pretty even fight. Try not to play around in the air too much and you're fine, his mixup seems pretty lackluster but the command grab is scary.

Vs. Byakuya

This is without a doubt the hardest matchup I played. His range competes with Nanases, so she can't really take advantage of max range footsies and conversions here like she can against others. His air to air game seems a lot stronger too, and his traps stop you from controlling match flow and fireball approaching properly. You have to get on top of him and capitalize on his subpar defense options. His neutral definitely seems to counter Nanases neutral in a lot of ways.

Vs. Nanase

Wow this matchup. It's no fun at all. Anyways fireball game is so crazy here. J.236A beats j.236B. If Nanase tries to approach from the air behind a fireball, j.236A is a clean win if you don't feel like competing air to air or dealing with the fireball mixup.

You can DP her float shenanagins and watch for her to do the same, or just shield block, the stuff never came off as scary to me.

214C is a great punish against j.236B...

Hard to give advice here, you are fighting yourself. Winning at neutral means everything, and trying to maintain the pressure once you do, but really, the nuetral means everything in this matchup. I fought Nanase with strong mixup and combos, but I could win with better nuetral.

Vs. Eltnum

You out range most of her attacks, mostly watch for her DP to shut down your air shenanagins. Didn't get to fight this matchup a lot and I won it pretty convincingly so not much to say here just yet.

Vs. Yuzuriha

Next hardest matchup I fought. She can kill your fireball game, so don't rely on it. 236B will punish some of her moves blocked or whiffed from a good distance. Try to bait her into doing the anti air slash which can be punished nearly full screen with 236B. Just block and look for openings. She is easy to get GRD against so 236B CS become an easy way to approach her quickly.

That's it for now. Nanase feels pretty good overall, but my biggest problem with her is her mixup game. She doesn't have a standard overhead, so her high low game is not all that impressive, and unsafe without resources or fireball.

Vs Hilda

Rush her down! I don't see any other way of fighting her. If anyone else has a way please save me from this matchup.

Once you get close to her she can do almost nothing about your pressure and mixups. If she gains some ground and push you away then you're in trouble. Hildas 236 attack shuts everything Nanase can do. Fireballs are too slow against Hilda and B+C > 6D is slow enough that she can react to it (She might even be able to beat that option clean with her 236 attacks as well). Nanases 236B get wrecked by Hildas 236. Tornado super get beat by 236. Slide super gets beaten too i believe. 

What I'm getting at is this matchup is a pain in the ass if you don't get the advantage.

I've still got to do some training mode later to see if there is a easier way to deal with Hilda... Probably gonna sub Hilda because of her badass looking C attacks.

So looks like j.B's proration on a crouching opponent at least is the same as 5B. Which means the 3.2k character specific combo? Works off of assault -> B+C mixup of which side will you hit/land.

I'm also looking into making use of 214C in the corner since it's +3 so you're pretty advantageous to continue your pressure. Unfortunately not that useful mid screen since you go flying so far away. 

Panda King's video has helped immensely, tough stuff is probably getting the float timing right. Though I do have a problem sometimes I"m not getting the C follow up to 236A/B? 

Also I'm curious for your opinions but I've been using j.[C] While falling so that I can either do it just before I land for the overhead, or land and do a low etc.

So looks like j.B's proration on a crouching opponent at least is the same as 5B. Which means the 3.2k character specific combo? Works off of assault -> B+C mixup of which side will you hit/land.

I'm also looking into making use of 214C in the corner since it's +3 so you're pretty advantageous to continue your pressure. Unfortunately not that useful mid screen since you go flying so far away. 

Panda King's video has helped immensely, tough stuff is probably getting the float timing right. Though I do have a problem sometimes I"m not getting the C follow up to 236A/B? 

Also I'm curious for your opinions but I've been using j.[C] While falling so that I can either do it just before I land for the overhead, or land and do a low etc.

Wouldn't do j.C while falling. The hitbox just isn't good enough if you ask me. If you're trying to aerial approach an opponent, I recommend j.B over all else, followed by j.2C. I don't really use j.A for anything, just because it'll get you blown up in this game, even in a lot of air-to-air scenarios. 

When i used j.A as an air to air i would almost always win and score 2.4k. Which situations was it not working for you

J.a is a good air to air because of its speed. Most people almost always go for B or C without concerns to spacing so j.a is going to win in those scenarios. Also j.2C to j.a is a double overhead setup that you can continue a combo from or float cancel for further shenanagins.

Btw I didnt make that video just in case you were giving credit lol. As far as the combo, I'm not sure what part you are talking about? The j.236a follow up after C? You might just have too much proration in your combo if you can't land it.

Oh no it's not a proration sorry I mean 236A/B -> 6C sometimes it just doesn't come out? I"m assuming I'm pressing it too early or too late sometimes.

Also I use j.C while falling not for it's hit box but because It delays your fall and puts you in the air to overhead. So instead of landing when people will start to block low, you do an overhead.