Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Nanase

When i used j.A as an air to air i would almost always win and score 2.4k. Which situations was it not working for you

Ever? I hardly find air-to-air situations with her because I'm just deathly afraid of jumping against Gord, Merkava, Yuzu, etc. Characters who don't have such insane screen control, tend to have weird hitboxes that j.A doesn't answer. It's not a problem with how good or fast, just how actual useful it is in this game. For an example-

Characters who don't have full-screen control, where j.A would actually at least have a chance- 

Hyde, Linne, Carmine, Byakuya, Eltnum (question mark), Orie, Akatsuki, Seth. Of those characters, Hyde, Linne, Carmine, and Orie all have moves that I feel win against our j.A easily. That only leaves... Akatsuki, Seth, Eltnum, and Byakuya. Those are the characters where I feel j.A matters, and I don't find many people playing them anyway.

I'm also looking into making use of 214C in the corner since it's +3 so you're pretty advantageous to continue your pressure. Unfortunately not that useful mid screen since you go flying so far away.

Off a 236A\B~C you can time the 214C so the opponent blocks your trajectory. You'll actually end up right next to them. That said, I haven't really gotten any meaningful damage out of the setup.

Vs Hilda

Rush her down! I don't see any other way of fighting her. If anyone else has a way please save me from this matchup.

Once you get close to her she can do almost nothing about your pressure and mixups. If she gains some ground and push you away then you're in trouble. Hildas 236 attack shuts everything Nanase can do. Fireballs are too slow against Hilda and B+C > 6D is slow enough that she can react to it (She might even be able to beat that option clean with her 236 attacks as well). Nanases 236B get wrecked by Hildas 236. Tornado super get beat by 236. Slide super gets beaten too i believe. 

What I'm getting at is this matchup is a pain in the ass if you don't get the advantage.

I've still got to do some training mode later to see if there is a easier way to deal with Hilda... Probably gonna sub Hilda because of her badass looking C attacks.

After some testing, you can just slide up to Hilda when she 236 you. I guess the matchup wasn't as awful as I thought.

I'm never high enough for the air combo to work using normal jump, probably timing issues. I find B+C much easier since it's higher.

So trying to find a use for it, but like for Nanase's 236A/B if you use 6B and 6C at the same time, on whiff you'll 6C away, on Block you'll do the overhead. Trying to find more OSes like this with her.

I still can't play the game but I've been seeing a little about Nanase, how do you see her damage? From the combos, is not as much as the damage of many of the cast (it is close I think), but she's quite fast, and has many tools. How consistent are her combos? Are they difficult?

I still can't play the game but I've being seeing a little about Nanase, how do you see her damage? From the combos, is not as much as the damage of many of the cast (it is close I think), but she's quite fast, and have many tools. How consistent are her combos? Are they difficult?

Her damage is roughly on par with most of the cast so far, and it's only Week 1. I don't expect it to spike, but with a little optimization she'll probably be doing as much as anyone else. I'm having a hard time adjusting to this game personally, but her combos feel like they're somewhere in the middle (easy execution being Gordeau/Linne, hard being Yuzuriha/Seth). The hardest combos I'm having trouble with come from relaunching combos with 3C>B+C>jBB.

Week 1 Theoryfighter here, I feel like she's a solid character. She has good offense, mobility, okay health(?) and a DP that isn't total trash. I hope it's just early problems adjusting to the gameflow, but I agree with Surf that her normals are sorta mediocre in neutral; 5C and 2C are good but lengthy on whiff, 3C is a super-sketchy antiair if you aren't in the corner, and 2B is a solid normal and good starter but betrays me constantly because I overestimate the reach.

Her air fireballs are very good. However, I have no idea how she's supposed to use them in certain problem matchups (Merkava? Hilda? Carmine?). The rush special feels like a bad idea to use outside of combos, as there's no invul, all of the followups are punishable, and there's no actual mixup component if you just stand block it. I need to experiment with the 214x series, but only the C version seems good outside of combo fodder. Her DP is good for what it is, the closest thing to a flaw is that it's a Rising Tackle-esque move in that it just goes straight up. With CS it seems to have potential.

(Double post, ごめんなさい、ごめんなさい)

On the topic of optimizing combos, do we feel comfortable enough with this character to start doing a writeup on her combo theory? I feel like it would help other players who have no imagination like myself to understand what we ought to be going for on BnBs. Chain Shift is a different story of course.

It seems like Nanase has three routes that most players have experimented with;

Off short starters (5A, 2A, Assault) xx > 2C > 5C > j[C] > jB > j2C > 2B/C > 214A~A

Off stronger starters (Bs, Cs, Special > Chain Shift) xx > 2C > 5C > jBB > j[C] > j236A > rejump jA > jB > j2C > 2B/C > 214A~A

Oki (any j2C ender) jump combo > j2C > j236B

Does this seem right? Also, I advise everyone to experiment a little with your BnBs; I've noticed that sometimes 2B nets a smidgen more damage than 2C in the 2C > 214A~A ender. (Surf's 5A > 5B > 2C > 5C > j.[C] j.BB j.2C > 2C > 214A~A [2481 damage] turns into [2492 damage] with a 2B at the end instead. Weird.

Also also, are people aware she can do an instant overhead sort of thing at about 5B range? I'm awful at converting into things, but jB > jC > jA > hits reliably on everyone except Linne in my limited testing, and it's definitely possible to pick it up into at least 2k.

jB > jC > jA > 2A > 2B > 2C > 5C > jBB > j2C> 2C > 214A~A gives 2555 

jB > jC > jA > 2A > 2B > 2C > 5C > j[C] > jBB > j2C > 2B > 214A~A is 2551, so go with whichever route you're more comfortable with. Omitting the second hit of jBB appears to sideswap at certain ranges. Maybe a swag way to get out of the corner after staggers?

jB > jC > jA > 2A > 2B > 2C > 5C > 214B > j236C gives 2499 and could be good for closing out a round. The distance is a little hard for me to gauge well, but I'm sure you can find an optimal range to make it a threat with staggered/reversebeated normals during a blockstring, especially in the corner.

From the combos I'm seeing, I see a few things:

If you want higher damage, you'll give up corner carry/oki. If you want corner carry, you give up damage and SOME damage. Nanase has the easiest hit confirms in the game, I think. Max distance 2C/5C combos into 236B~C j.[C] j.BB j.2C 2C 3C j.C j.2C 2C 214A~A. She has crazy damage. I even found out you can do five A moves and still get a full bnb. 2A(x4) 5A 5B 5C 236B~C j.[C] j.BB j.2C 2C 214A~A for 2k damage. I'm thinking she's a solid mid/high tier character. Granted it's much too early for a tier placement for her, but this is just what I'm feeling with her so far.

So I'm having trouble with the 236B~C j.[C] j.BB j.2C 2C 3C j.C j.2C 2C 214A~A combo. I can get everything up to the final j.2C 2C part. I'm never on the ground fast enough to get the 2C into 214A. When I try to delay the j.2C the dummy just techs out. What's the trick?

Combo doesn't work off A starters and has consistency issues if you hit them OTG with 236x moves from my experience. For consistency, I tend to do j.[C]>j.B>j.A>j.2C in case I didn't confirm correctly.

Edit: maybe its only inconsistent, but regardless, I tend to go for oki more than damage

2B 5C 236A~(slight delay)6C micro dash 2C 5C j.BB j.2C oki

Pretty fancy.

EDIT: Real talk, why does 5B 3C 214A not work on Gordeau. Shithead character.

Why does corner 236B>6A>5A>5C not work on chaos? Character specifics will always haunt us

It does work on chaos, the delay is kind of weird but I've gotten it to connect.

Has anyone had any success with using 3C to anti air? It feels pretty weird.

I have. Generally if you react to their dash in/jump in, just do 623A instead. It seems to be upper body invulnerable and it's air unblockable. On CH we might get a combo.

CH actually does things? I guess its just hard for me to tell with all the free-form gatlings in this game. But if you can combo off it, that's a sizeable amount of damage. I was testing dp and 214x>CS combos and they all did up to 3.2k damage. Stuff like

214A>CS>j.2C>2C>5C>j.BB>j.[C]>j.236A>j.A>j.B>j.2C>2C>41236D would do up to 4k damage for all meter. Pretty easy way to end a round I guess

Has anyone had any success with using 3C to anti air? It feels pretty weird.

I can't believe I haven't tried using 3C to anti-air people this while time :/

I just tested a few things, 3C beats Byakuya's j.2[C], it also wrecks Carmines j.[C] clean. You can get a good 3k~ combo afterwards too

Edit: From what I've noticed, CH makes 3C and fireballs untechable until the ground. I haven't really noticed anything else with CH. I've just done normal combos even with a CH.