Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Eltnum

v65aDXY.jpg

Introduction
Welcome to the Eltnum thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Pre-Match Character Description:
She slaughters. The path was cleared by herself. For her followers.
The slight possibility of mediocrity. Appeared to pinch off the bud.
Unexpected entanglement. The actress revives by the syntax error.
Just right to kill time. Until the day the curtain rises again.

Eltnum Wiki Page

Notable Players
Senaru
Hiyoko

Would be nice if we could have some more clutch players behind Eltnum other then Senaru. I don't think her learning curve is that difficult and with range as a tool for (optional) utilization she'll most likely always be fine against most match-ups. I'll provide videos after the release of the game and depending on the most competetent player there is they can edit the wiki and so forth. Lets all have fun and show that Eltnum is no push-over.

Going to be constantly updating this all the way even after console release. Make sure to keep checking back and looking through for updates!

Match-up Vids:

Vs Hyde

Vs Linne

Vs Waldstein

Vs Carmine

Vs Orie

Vs Gordeau

Vs Merkava

Vs Vatista

Vs Seth

Vs Yuzuriha

Vs Hilda

Vs Akatsuki

Vs Chaos

Vs Nanase

Vs Byakuya

Miscellaneous:

Blood Drain - Eltnum's Theme

Eltnum's Infinite Worth EXS

Eltnum Basic Tutorial (subbed)

Eltnum Combo Video Pt.1

Eltnum Combo Video Pt.2

They aren't instant kills. The only requirement is that your character has to be below 30% health (and they cost 200 EXS, of course). It doesn't matter what the opponent's health is. On average, they seem to do ~3.6k damage, so it's no instant kill.

I apologize for listing it as an Instant kill even though it isn't in this version of the game. I'm so used to thinking of it as such I guess I did it on instinct. I'll go through and fix that in a bit.

Just dumping some notes/combos I have been taking from watching videos and such.

2B>2C>j.[C]>whiff j.A>5B>5C>421>6B>2C>22B>d.C>22B>d.C>reload /Raw punish on max range 2C BNB
2A>2B>3C>j.[C]>dj.C>land>j.B>j.C>air throw
2A>2C>5[C]>421>6>j.[C] or whiff 2a>2C>22B>d.C>22B>d.C>reload BNB/Character specific
Corner 6>22B>421>5a whiff>2C>
after 6 can do 421 to sideswap if you want to push them into corner
Corner 421C>j.[C]>whiff thigh throw>5B>5C>421>whiff 2A>2C>22B>d.C>22C
Thigh throw>CS>3C
Midscreen 3C>j.B>j.A>j.C>d.C>421>whiff 5a>d.C>22B>d.C>22C
Midscreen EX Wire>421>6>whiff 2A>22B>d.C>22B>d.C>reload
Corner EX wire>2C>j.[C]>whiff j.A>5B>5C>421>6>whiff 2A>2C>22B>d.C>22B>d.C>reload
Air throw>2C>j.[C]>whiff j.A>5B>5C>421>6B>2A>22B>d.C>22B>d.C>reload
2C(second hit only?)5B>j.B>j.A>j.C>d.C>421>whiff 2A>2C>22B>d.C>22B>d.C>reload
Of fcounter hit 22A>2C>j.[C]>>whiff j.A>5B>bnb
Near corner AA 3C>j.[C]>late dj.[C]>whiff thigh throw>5B>5[C]>bnb
Corner 5A starter>5B>2A>2C>j.B>j.A>j.C>d.C>421>whiff 2A>2C>22B>d.C>22B>ex dp
Midscreen wire>421C>whiff thigh throw>5B>bnb
Corner punish combo 22A>3C>rising j.[C]>j.B>22A>5B>5[C]>421>6>whiff 2A>2C>22B>d.C>22B>EX DP

2C>2A or 5B>etc for pressure
C normals >reverse beat in general for pressure
Not ironclad but if out of range just do 2A after 2C to negate recovery but do 5B if close enough to continue pressure.
2A>2C>5A
Block strings into 3C>gunshot>as frame trap
d.B>CS or divekick
d.B>3C corner?
If you aerial shield an opponents move you can usually punish with air throw or ex thigh throw if you are close enough to the opponent.

When opponent goes for throw/assault pressure do 3A+C+D option select. If the opponent tries to throw then you will tech and if they go for assault to throw bait you will anti-air with 3C. The opponent can bait this by just backdashing and punishing the whiff 3C if they know you are going for the OS.

This is really unorganized since it was mainly meant for personal use but figured I would add it here.

It's all good LVArcher, I'm glad you're sharing your notes. If you don't mind I like to make a video compilation of your combos but only if they're practical and could be used as novice and intermediate combos. I really don't know what to classify as expert since there's really no OD so I guess CS combos would be the extra mile. I'll probably test them all out myself later on and make a group suggestion about which combos should be in the video. This beats navigating all over YouTube and nico for basics so I'm happy.

It's all good LVArcher, I'm glad you're sharing your notes. If you don't mind I like to make a video compilation of your combos but only if they're practical and could be used as novice and intermediate combos. I really don't know what to classify as expert since there's really no OD so I guess CS combos would be the extra mile. I'll probably test them all out myself later on and make a group suggestion about which combos should be in the video. This beats navigating all over YouTube and nico for basics so I'm happy.

Yeah that's cool, her main bnb is this.

2A>2C>5[C]>421B>6>j.[C] or whiff 2a>2C>22B>d.C>22B>d.C>reload

I think the j.[C] after 6 might be character specific but wasn't able to really test it at evo. For random air hits your goal is to hit an airborne opponent with 5B since from there you can do 5[C]>421B>6>bnb. A common way I see people do this is the j.B>j.A whiff>j.C>5B or j.[C]>whiff j.A>whiff thigh throw>5B. After ex gunshot you just reload>run up 5B>etc Also it was hard for me to tell the difference between whiff j.A and whiff thigh throw at times so be sure to try both if one doesn't work. I'll try and post more stuff when I get home from work.

Hope I can play her on pad... :(

So is there any frame data for this available? Or known moves of hers with + frames?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Hope I can play her on pad... :(

So is there any frame data for this available? Or known moves of hers with + frames?

Didn't see any frames on her JP wiki page and only found blocked advantage for 1 char so far, I'll have to check out the move descriptions though.

I couldn't say anything as far as frame data but I don know that when senaru plays he always "ends" his blockstrings with either 2A, 5A, or 22 gunshot series. 5B is also extremely good for pressure since it is a standing low and you can always reverse beat into an A normal. My biggest advice with blockstrings would just be to always let yourself have an A normal to reverse beat into. So if you start your string with 5A avoid going 5A>2A or vice versa since remember its only 1 normal use per string.

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully she's not too hard for a beginner to pick up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Pre-Match Character Description:

She slaughters. The path was cleared by herself. For her followers.
The slight possibility of mediocrity. Appeared to pinch off the bud.
Unexpected entanglement. The actress revives by the syntax error.
Just right to kill time. Until the day the curtain rises again.

Going to start posting up combos with YT links for reference. Thanks LVArcher for the notes. I'll try to keep it updated with interesting stuff, so if anyone has any corrections to this list or an interesting combo route to post, please do.

According to the Japanese wiki: 2C > 5[C] > 421B > 6 doesn't work on Hyde, Linne and Hilda. Generally against these characters you have to do 421B > j.BC > d.C

5A > 2C > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > falling j.[C] > d.C > 22B > d.C > Reload

5A > 2C > 5[C] > 421B > j.BC > d.C > 421B > 5A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > 22B > d.C > Reload
5A > 2A > 2C > 5[C] > 214B > 6 > 22B > d.C > 22B > d.C > Reload

2A > 2B > 5B > 3C > j.BAC > d.C > 421B > 5A whiff > d.C > 22B > d.C > Reload

2B > 2C > j.[C] > j.A whiff > 5B > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > 2A whiff > 22B > d.C > 22B > d.C > Reload
(The above combo but with 41236D finisher and 2C(1) before 22B)
2B > 2A > 2C > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > 2A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > 22B > d.C > Reload

3C > j.8[C] > jc Falling j.[C] > j.214A > 5B >5[C] > 421B > 6 > Reload > 2A > 5B > j.CB > Air Throw (Good example of mid combo reload when not enough to do 22B loop)
3C > j.8[C] > jc Falling j.[C] > j.214A > 5B > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > 2A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > 22B > d.C / 623C
CH 3C > 5B > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > 2A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > (22A >  623C) or (22B > d.C > Reload)
The last 2 of these combos use meter enders to finish the round, but i presume that d.C can still be used as a meterless option.

(corner) 6 > 2A whiff > 3C > j.[C] > j.A whiff > 5B > 5[C] > 421B > j.BC > d.C > 22B > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > Reload (This shows the route against Hyde/Linne/Hilda)

(near corner only?) d.B > 3C > j.8[C] > jc Falling j.[C] > j.214A > 5B > j.BAC > d.C > 421B > 5A whiff > d.C

Assault j.C > 2B > 3C > j.BAC > d.C > 421B > 5A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > Reload
CH Assault j.C > 2B > 3C > j.[C] > j.A whiff > 5B > 5[C] > 421B > 2A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > 22B > d.C > Reload

(side switch combo) 2B > 2C > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > 421A > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > 22B > d.C > Reload

CH 22A > 2C > j.[C] > j.A whiff > 5B > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > 2A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > (22B > d.C) > Reload (5[C] > 421B > 6 working on Linne? Only doesn't work from 2C or wiki is wrong?)

Air Throw > 2C > j.[C] > j.A whiff > 5B > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > 2A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > (22B > d.C) > Reload

Meter:

236B > 236C > 5B > j.BAC > d.C > 421B > 5A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > Reload
CH/HCH 236B > 236C > 5B > 5[C] > 421B > 5A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > 22B > d.C > Reload
236C > 5B > 5[C] > 421B > j.BC > d.C > 22B > d.C > Reload

421C > j.[C] > j.214A whiff > 5B > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > 2A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > 22B > d.C > Reload

2C > 5[C] > 214A > 214C > 421B > 6 > 2A whiff > 22B > d.C > 22B > (missed d.C, not sure if possible)

j.214B > CS > 3C > j.8[C] > jc falling j.[C] > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > 2A whiff > 22B > 623C

(corner only?) CH/HCH 22A > 3C > j.8[C] > jc9 falling j.B > 22A > 5B > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > 2A whiff > 2C(1) > 22B > d.C > 22B > 623C > CS > 623C (5.5-6k dmg!)

This is more of just a fun note than anything but you can combo into infinite exvs off 6 or the 22 series. The 22 combo might be corner specific though.

Also for the Hyde/Linne/Hilda route how do you go about starting it midscreen? Just stuff>3C>rest of combo?

Edit: Nvm just saw some more of that vid and looks like you just repace 6 with j.B>j.C>d.C>etc

Edit 2: The 2C>j.[C]>whiff j.A>d.C route seems to work as well.

From what i can tell, getting Hyde/Linne/Hilda into an air hit where you can do 5B 5[C] 421B 6 will work (http://youtu.be/6wb1ggZRGfs?t=15m21s), so i assume that doing it from ground 2C is the only time it doesn't work. Although Senaru has gone for the j.BC route against hyde when he has an air hit 5B 5[C] setup (http://youtu.be/shxw8zdf9g4?t=38m36s), so i don't really know whats going on.

Edit: 5A > 2C > 5[C] > 421B > 6 etc on Linne (http://youtu.be/6wb1ggZRGfs?t=18m37s).

I'm well confused right now.

Edit2: He then goes for the j.BC route in the same match (http://youtu.be/6wb1ggZRGfs?t=21m54s)

Yeah that is what is confusing me since I'm pretty sure I've seen him do the standard route on those characters. Maybe he just gets bored and goes for the other stuff because he can lol. As a side not I can't be positive but I do remember at least being able to hit the basic bnb on a Hyde at evo.

My buddy and I plan to do a ft5 or ft10 day 1 so keep an eye out for our poor performance. Hopefully I can keep up with weekly uploads if the military is not overwhelming my schedule like they normally do. Other then that I hope other Eltnum players in this group will gladly share their videos as well. Also on day 1 I plan to make a Skype group devoted to her but if anyone happens to beat me to it feel free to invite those who want to apart of the cause, even if they sub her or like her in general that should be fine too.

p.s.- The video will most likely be Eltnum vs Nanase

My buddy and I plan to do a ft5 or ft10 day 1 so keep an eye out for our poor performance. Hopefully I can keep up with weekly uploads if the military is not overwhelming my schedule like they normally do. Other then that I hope other Eltnum players in this group will gladly share their videos as well. Also on day 1 I plan to make a Skype group devoted to her but if anyone happens to beat me to it feel free to invite those who want to apart of the cause, even if they sub her or like her in general that should be fine too.

p.s.- The video will most likely be Eltnum vs Nanase

This is awesome! What's your channel on YouTube? I'm looking forward to learning!

Im looking forward to playing her, she looks like alot of fun.

Also, a skype chat sounds hype.

This is awesome! What's your channel on YouTube? I'm looking forward to learning!

-http://www.youtube.com/user/Sadeyo1 or click the link in my signature

-sadeyo.amatsu is my Skype (kuro-senpai is the edited name) so leave your Skype name behind and I'll add you guys after work.

-I'm not very good at browsing pixiv and there are rules to browsing websites in S.Korea or Japan so if you have group art feel free to share that as well since group will need an image eventually.