Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Eltnum

Trying to get the hang of this combo, but I don't understand when you should hit with the j.[C]. Rising, falling?

5A > 2C > 5[C] > 421B > 6 > 8 > j[C] > dash C > 22 > dash C > 22C~C

This combo? Yeah you have to do it falling, pretty much as close as you can get to the floor as possible. Dunno if it's easier on certain characters though. Looking at that video it seems to catch Merkava higher than when i was trying it against Sion.

Anyone been experimenting with blockstrings yet?

a little.    a few things i haven't seen mentioned.

2C cancels on the first hit, but only on the second on block.  beware with the reverse beats etc.

2B moves you substantially forwards.~ 5B2B 22A actaully moves you forwards each time you repeat it.

6B / 6[b} works as expected from MB (6B will only cancel to specials on block, 6 cancels to anything)

2C 421B 22A moves you from halfscreen to pretty close, can probably be DP'ed / 2c get shielded to punish 412 B with relative ease 

421B cancels to normals on hit, specials on block. so~~

421B can be OS confirmed with  421B  9~22A.    ~slidekick+ JA on hit (leads to jABC land 66C combo  etc)  or on block gives slidekick into 22a

I'm having trouble landing this combo from a 5A as well. I can get it consistently with a 5B starter, but not with 5A. The last d.C keeps whiffing. Any advice on landing the d.C into Reload?

Against Merkava, due to his hitbox it's actually better to do 5A>2C>5[C]>421B>6B>j.[C]>2C>22B>d.C>22B>d.C>reload if you want to go optimal. Otherwise, until you can get the hang of it I go for 5A>2C>5[C]>421B>6B>2A whiff>2C>22B>d.C>22B>d.C>reload

Wait my bad, I thought you were referring to Merkava with that post. Yea, I learned that with that combo, you reallllllly need to learn how to time it. It's possible, but it's extremely easier with an active reload. Typically with a 5A starter with normal bullets, it's better to go into a different route aside from that in order to get your active reload. 5A>2C>5[C]>421B>6B>2A whiff>2C>22B>d.C>22B>d.C>reload For example this. It can be used on virtually the entire cast and it's easy to boot. That's if you don't want to go for things like j.[C]>j.A whiff combos and stuff

a friend of mine has found that A's can whiff cancel into special moves, but only in vorpal?

he tried this with gordeau and he couldn't

is this known? he could only do a certain combo in vorpal and not without it because of this.

Just a few things to note:

for all combos that have 6> whiff 2a> 2C(1) whiff 2a is not needed. You can just do 6>2C(1), this is good since you can't whiff 2a if you started the combo with it.

You can do an OS with 6b if you do 6B>2C~2A. If done properly on hit you will get 6b>2C which can be confirmed into the standard BnB used for Hyde, Linnie, and Hilda.(Combo works on everyone) On block you get 6B>22A which is a high low, if 22A hits you are plus and can continue pressure if it's blocked you are safe and can't be punished.

What are you guys doing on oki after 66C,22B,66C, Reload?

I've been looking into some of our God Senaru's videos and in some matchups (Vatista, Hilda especially) he'll do 236B if they try and continue they're zoning and if it hits confirm into 236C. Most of the time though he'll just do meatie 5A or hard baits if he thinks a DP is coming. One match he did run up 3C, I think this can be usable when Archer mentioned an os with throw and 3C (3C+A+D) Maybe I'm just expecting a lot from our gal lol

Hmm, haven't really done much in terms of oki yet. Pretty much 22B or 214A or B.

Gonna experiment more later today and see if I find something.

22A is pretty okay as oki and looks safe, it also hits low, so if it hits you can CS or spend meter to combo after(Not sure if it's worth it damage-wise).

What do you guys do after fullscreen 236C? They seem to be too far away for a 5B to hit and I dunno if 5[C] is fast enough.

22A is pretty okay as oki and looks safe, it also hits low, so if it hits you can CS or spend meter to combo after(Not sure if it's worth it damage-wise).

What do you guys do after fullscreen 236C? They seem to be too far away for a 5B to hit and I dunno if 5[C] is fast enough.

time your active reload correctly and you get 3C for free

So if you reload "just right" it recovers faster?

yeah

with properly timed reload you can also do dash up->5B

Off raw 236C you can do 5b 5[c] route. You only need to do 5b j.bac route off 236B.

Man, i didn't realise how tight you have to be with the reload after the final d.C if you want to keep advantage. I also didn't realise the reload after d.C is a special cancel; always thought it was a link. If anyone else is having trouble properly timing the reload, time your 22C just when Eltnum hits the floor and the ground effect shows up. Thats the earliest you can cancel from my observations.

236c, 2b, 5[c], 421b, 6b, 2c(1), 22b, dash 5c, reload 3064.

Anyone know how the J.BC after 421B should be timed on Hyde, Linne, and Hilda? Is there an alternate route that does as much or more damage?

What do you guys opt for when you have less than 10 bullets and then less than 5? 3C into air throw stuff? On that matter what options do we have after hitconfirming into 3C with or without the ideal amount of ammo?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Anyone know how the J.BC after 421B should be timed on Hyde, Linne, and Hilda? Is there an alternate route that does as much or more damage?

What do you guys opt for when you have less than 10 bullets and then less than 5? 3C into air throw stuff? On that matter what options do we have after hitconfirming into 3C with or without the ideal amount of ammo?

For 421B j.BC I delay my jump slightly so when I jump and do j.BC they are at a good height for my d.C to connect.

If I have less than 10 bullets I go for 1 rep of 22B d.C. If I have less than 5 I'd go for xx 2C 5[C] 421B j.B j.C d.C reload

After the 421b jump and j.b the moment you start to fall. J.c has to hit before you hit the ground for 66c to hit, against Hyde, Linne and Hilda at least on netplay when I go for 

5a 5b 2c 5© j.b j.a j.c 66c 22b 66c reload, it does around 300 less damage but is universal and it works if you just need to get the kill or you are not too confident about your excecution on netplay

When I don't have much ammo at least I go for regular bnb but on the 66c part instead of 22b I just reload, I'm assuming it's not the most optimized way 

the way around 3c is normally 3c j.b j.a j.c 66c 22b 66c reload, I know that if you use 3C as a starter you can hit confirm J.© double jump J.© 214A (whiff) 5b 5© 421b 6.(B) 66c 22b 66c reload 

you can just reload mid combo after 421b 6 and pickup with 2a 5b

but you have to get the just frame i think

A couple notes on Byakuya:

If he tries to do a blockstring into 236A~4A~A (the first hit of rekka canceled into web which cancels into his air command dash), then just d.C him out of it.

There is a nice way to punish his 623C meterless (the run through web grab), as soon as you see the super flash, hit 4A+B to backdash from the grab, then do either d.B or d.C to punish. You have to do the d.B or d.C right after you recover from the backdash, or other you will be hit by the trap that gets laid down.

This can be a bit weird though. If he is right next to you then you cant backdash. If you just want to avoid damage, then there is a OS timing jump that will block 236C if it comes out and will jump 623C

Edit: Don't let Byakuya bully you with j.2[C]. You can guard shield during and actually punish. Getting the the guard shield at the right spot to punish is a bit tricky, but even if you don't get the punish one, you still gain an advantage. You want to guard shield about half way of his j.2[C]'s duration. Always confirm that you guard shielded.

I'm having difficulties against Hilda, after having to adapt to a different combo for her, is there another way to fight that matchup other than punish with 236c from full screen?