Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Akatsuki

What is everyone doing for mid screen combos?

I've been doing:

2A, 5B, 5C, 6C, dash, 2B, j.ABC, dash back in

Leaves me closest to the opponent and pushes the opponent far to the corner.

I hate the struggle of trying to get it.

What would be a good use of Chain Shift in combos? I imagine in the corner something like 214B>CS>j.2C>stuff?

Also does Akatsuki have practical Veil Off combos? He can't really combo after his EX moves so you can't do stuff like EX into EX into super, unless I'm wrong?
Thoughts?

so what are you guys doing as wall combo?

mine so far

without meter: 5B, 5C, 2B, 6C, 66, 5C, vertical jump j.B, j.C, j.2C, 2C, 5C, 22B

100 meter: 5B, 5C, 2B, 6C, 66, 5C, vertical jump j.B, j.C, j.2C, 2C, 5C, 22C

200 meter: 5B, 5C, 2B, 6C, 66, 5C, vertical jump j.B, j.C, j.2C, 5C, 41236D

so what are you guys doing as wall combo?

mine so far

without meter: 5B, 5C, 2B, 6C, 66, 5C, vertical jump j.B, j.C, j.2C, 2C, 5C, 22B

100 meter: 5B, 5C, 2B, 6C, 66, 5C, vertical jump j.B, j.C, j.2C, 2C, 5C, 22C

200 meter: 5B, 5C, 2B, 6C, 66, 5C, vertical jump j.B, j.C, j.2C, 5C, 41236D

I can't think of much better combos atm. I'm getting my own copy tuesday, so I've only played a bit at my friends place.

Question: how do you do diagonal jump j.B>j.C>j.A>land>stuff? Just BCA really fast or is there a specific timing or height? Tried it a couple of times but couldn't really pull it off.

Got to play a bunch of Akatsuki yesterday, didn't do much in terms of combos, but I got to mess with normals and stuff, and he's a lot of fun, but man some of the matchups feel like they could be a nightmare.

His halfcircle + ABCD is what sold me though. So cool. I'm looking forward to going in the lab and grinding combos tonight though. 

I gotta ask tho, is the 66 after 6C a microdash or is it a bit more lenient? 

Got to play a bunch of Akatsuki yesterday, didn't do much in terms of combos, but I got to mess with normals and stuff, and he's a lot of fun, but man some of the matchups feel like they could be a nightmare.

His halfcircle + ABCD is what sold me though. So cool. I'm looking forward to going in the lab and grinding combos tonight though. 

I gotta ask tho, is the 66 after 6C a microdash or is it a bit more lenient? 

a normal dash... no microdash needed

@yuhoke: i always do j.B,j.A,j.C. in that order than 5A but i have the feeling that its very inconsinstent

tried stuff with 66C, 66C, 66C and than continue at the wall but the system seems to deny every hit after 3 bounces.

also its seems to be unimportant, whether its a wallbounce or a floorbounce

e.g. 66C, 66C, 5C vert.j.B, j2C (bounces) no follow up will hit :(

thats sad... 3x 66C looks so hype

I'm hoping that's the case. I plan on sharing any bit of matchup knowledge gained, along with gathering everyone's notes and making it in the reserved post.

I can do somewhat of a writeup of A vs Y.

It's hard for me as well, but basically the second you input dash, you gotta press 2C

It's easier just to 2C > Delay 2C into other thing as you can get max damage that way.

Both of these combo vids are already linked in my first post but thanks for linking it again.

@Token: Any MU info you could help with would be cool

@Number13: I'll link the tutorial vid you posted and thanks

You can also parry projectiles and it won't do the followup attack automatically; just like in Blitzkampf. This could be useful as you can pretty much act immediately after you parry one. Haven't played against humans yet, but theoretically you could Parry -> dash forward to work your way in, or if they throw a projectile you can jump forward into it and parry it. In Blitzkampf you retain your forward momentum when you do this, allowing you to land right in front of them and punish the fireball recovery. I forgot to test if you can actually do something similar in this game. I will when I get a chance.

Off the parry, it gives you a free dash in.

Several hours of online today has really pushed forward for me why not to play the char. Getting in on a lot of the cast and even trying to punish or mix up is so hard with no range. I'm not even sure how to do a decent blockstring on their wake up as overheard is so damn slow and gets outranged.

Is there some sort of 214a you can throw into block strings to catch all this a.mashing that is so prominent?

Both of these combo vids are already linked in my first post but thanks for linking it again.

Sorry didn't see them.

So what do you guys use for mixup/pressure whe you get in. Gotta need to be on point with that once you finally manage to get in.

is it just me or does the air reflector not work on anything but projectiles?

If it's really like that, that's actually really lame :/

is it just me or does the air reflector not work on anything but projectiles?

If it's really like that, that's actually really lame :/

I tried using it air-to-air and got hit most of the time.

@GrimReaper, I feel Akatsuki has to dash in and utilize 6D hops to close the gap, then once you get in start you pressure. I've been going for 5B > 5C > 2B >5A (whiff) block-strings mostly, due to fact it leaves you right out of most opponent's 5A/2A range. From there you can either start another string to continue applying pressure, go for 5B > Fireball frame traps or throw mix up. I've also found myself spending a lot of time shielding projectiles/strings to gain GRD.

I've reflected a few non projectiles in the air, but it feels like the start up on it is a lot slower than the grounded reflector.

Air reflector works exactly like air shield, but you don't get pushed back and recover instantly if you blocked a projectile. You might be able to punish something, but usually you're too far away. You're also giving the other guy one GRD meter while losing on some meter yourself. I think there are normals you can air block/shield/reflector, but I remember landing and doing that dumb follow up that he does that scales everything. Bottom line, air reflector doesn't do what you think it should do.

Anyways, after dropping a ton of 22Bs at TSB, I was trying to find ways to get it more consistently.

While teching off the floor, buffer 22 mid flip pretty early and go back to downback for the block. If you want to commit or react to something, press B.

Same thing while dealing with pressure, you want to be buffering 22 right as you block something early in the block stun, and then press B. And I guess the same thing applies with downback, but you're probably going to get hit if you messed up. The game has autoblock so if you're in a tight block string, you'll continue to block, unless the string is low, you just hold to press 2 to stay blocking. So if you are mashing down and mashing B in a tight low block string, you should be alright unless you are mashing too slowly

You can also mash reflector in blockstrings, but risky and not worth it. The only thing he can cancel out of reflector before the followup comes out... is another reflector. If you're mashing too much, you'll just leave yourself open to die.

Don't try and be cool and Daigo parry multiple hitting supers because you gain nothing from it and you're giving the other guy all the GRD meter in the world

Don't try and be cool and Daigo parry multiple hitting supers because you gain nothing from it and you're giving the other guy all the GRD meter in the world

Which is a bloody shame because my favorite part of Blitzkampf is parrying entire supers like I'm cool and Daigo.

So hold on. If something is NOT air blockable, this means it's also NOT air reflectorable? Am I understanding you correctly?

So hold on. If something is NOT air blockable, this means it's also NOT air reflectorable? Am I understanding you correctly?

Bingo. You have no idea how mad I was when I figured that out

I hope they make another version just to fix reflector (among other things Akatsuki could really use).

I thought it was completely fucking stupid already that Reflector costs GRD, let alone the fact that it scales way too much and air reflector is pretty much useless.

Here's a nice Veil Off Chain Shift combo (*starters* 6C, 66, 5C, j.a, j.b, 214b (2 hits), 214C, CS (make sure you do it before the last hit - to be safe you can do it a bit earlier) j.2c, 2b, 236A, 41236D.

This combo does about 5k dmg. I'm not exactly sure if you can add a 5C after the last 2B. Someone should test this combo a bit to see if it works, I'm pretty sure i got it down correctly.

Also, for those who have a hard time as Akatsuki, don't worry too much. Learning how to play Akatsuki actually gives you very good fundamentals in this game.

. Learning how to play Akatsuki actually gives you very good fundamentals in any game.

ftfy

Also, i've found out after playing with him that his 214+B's third hit is an overhead and it's relatively safe so if they're going to back dash after oki it's a good option