Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Byakuya

There was a byakuya on stream earlier who was using those feints. They seemed really strong in the corner.

In fact Byakuya in general seems very powerful in UNIST.

Honestly he needed the buff.

can I have a link to the stream? If it has a previous broadcast or timeshift or something

^ webs set post 623C are super charged. They don't get disarmed by things that normally would, so currenlty everyone is scared to move/poke when he puts you in the corner or else they get hit by webs lol

yay Byakuya! 

What doesn't work on them that should?

I'm not doubting that something is wrong, I just don't see it from that video. I only see Eltnum extending hurtboxes into webs.

The webs would normally dissipate when hit by a move, but her moves are hitting the webs and then she's getting counterhit by those same webs. Notably, it appears that if you wait for a few seconds after he sets the webs, they become destroyable as usual (as demonstrated by Eltnum successfully destroying the webs with her dp after a short delay, while earlier her dp lost to the webs).

Aah, I see.

So as it is now, you have no choice but to wait a few seconds after he puts them down before even trying anything.

Sounds rough.

Are you sure that's the case? It looks like the webs are only disappearing when they come into contact with the opponent's hurtbox, invincible or not. That's why the DP works, and why her command dash thing goes through one then gets hit by the other. It doesn't look like there's time factor to it.

It's pretty hard to tell for sure, especially since the first example where Eltnum successfully escapes involves the use of an A dp, while later on both the A and B dps fail. The roll actually probably doesn't even trigger the webs until she gets hit, as it has invuln during the ducking portion. The only reason it seems likely that time is a factor is due to the final example, where he waits for a very long time, then does run-up B dp and beats the webs.

I haven't looked into this very much because it generally doesn't change all that much about the amount of respect the setup demands, and it seems like one of those things FB is likely to patch out before/on console release.

All webs set by Byakuya during Caccoon is invincible.

Webs don't have timers, never did I believe.

Nerk's explanation makes the most sense where webs would disappear after attempting a hit. You can use DP's invincibility to move through it.

Wow... Byakuya can turn any with meter into one of the biggest momentum swings in the game. Someone wants him in high/top tier.

Laaaame. I mean It's good that they're on top of things, but I wanted some time to play a broken version of Byakuya. D:

Noobish question: It seems that two of Byakuya's bnb combos are

(stuff) > 2C > 5C > jc > j.B > j.A > j.C > 2C,

and 

(stuff) > 236A > 214A > (stuff).

I am having a very hard time getting the j.C to occur low enough to the ground for 2C to connect and I do not understand the timing for 236A > 214A. For the latter do I simply have to input 214A ASAP or is there a specific time, i.e. can I do it too soon? These two combos are proving very frustrating and any help or advice at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

11 hours ago, Beening said:

Noobish question: It seems that two of Byakuya's bnb combos are

(stuff) > 2C > 5C > jc > j.B > j.A > j.C > 2C,

and 

(stuff) > 236A > 214A > (stuff).

I am having a very hard time getting the j.C to occur low enough to the ground for 2C to connect and I do not understand the timing for 236A > 214A. For the latter do I simply have to input 214A ASAP or is there a specific time, i.e. can I do it too soon? These two combos are proving very frustrating and any help or advice at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

I'm not sure about your first question because i don't do that combo but for your second question you would cancel into 214a immediately after hitting them with 236a.

On 11/26/2015, 10:05:20, pearls said:

I'm not sure about your first question because i don't do that combo but for your second question you would cancel into 214a immediately after hitting them with 236a.

ok, so it's not so much inputting 214A ASAP after inputting  236A but after seeing it land. Thank you, I will work on that more.

Edit: It turns out that I was not making the 214A motion properly on my fightstick. I feel dumb... works fine now, most of the time. 

Not sure how many people know this but, I was watching this video and noticed byakuya can cancel 236A/B/C into 214 A/B/C by simply hitting 4A/B/C after 236 stuff. Blew my mind since getting that second rotation right was messing me up, this is so much easier and consistent. Hope this helps!