Tigre

[UNIEL] Online Matchmaking

Can I get some 1v1 rooms sometime soon? I can't get enough experience before gettin wrecked online to even adapt to what a blockstring is in this game, my robo-wife isnt here to win for me.

You can get some Gordeau experience from me.

I feel the flailing Gordeau vibe.  I'm really not understanding how to oki with him at all so even when I do land something and run a combo, I just have to reset to neutral cause I get stuff anytime I try to keep it up.

Also doing a west-coast lobby tonight with a stream if anyone's interesting beating my weak a** up, though some somewhat decent peeps have been showing up to run the show.

Level 0 is probably gonna be meaty or command grab/grab

Level 1 is adding in wakeup overheads, using assault, etc.

You can do level 0 with less respect than level 1

Level 0 is probably gonna be meaty or command grab/grab

Thanks!  I spent some time in training  and realized that I'd been timing everything totally wrong!  I'm getting wakeup grabs off a lot more reliably now.  I guess the next level will be character awareness for DPs and block/punish follow throughs.  Thanks for the tip!

Now I just have to practice timing it to the green beat instead of the knockdown to account for wake up delays. Also, thanks to all/any for joining the lobby. Having lots of fun tonight.

I guess I'm up for some matches against my namesake, when's good for you?

Well I'm usually on late like around 10 or 11pm.

GGs to a few that put up with my flailing last night.

I feel the flailing Gordeau vibe.  I'm really not understanding how to oki with him at all so even when I do land something and run a combo, I just have to reset to neutral cause I get stuff anytime I try to keep it up.

Also doing a west-coast lobby tonight with a stream if anyone's interesting beating my weak a** up, though some somewhat decent peeps have been showing up to run the show.

That's sorta my issue too. I know his command grabs are very important but for some reason I get online and start dropping things I just did offline.

It's gonna be a gooood while with this one, :v:

GGs over the past couple days. Got a new TV, so I had to mess around with the setting a bit to get rid of some really bad input delay. Those first few matches were a nightmare, lol

Also, I live in Toledo; so yeah, just all kinds of fun around here right now.

I don't understand this game sometimes. I like how I CLEARLY hit people first but somehow and input decides not to register and I lose. Try to mount and offense, Nope can't do that either.

Slowly being discouraged again.

@anyone who messaged me: am in a skype DnD session in the moment, and grinding exec while I wait on the other players during combat.

I don't understand this game sometimes. I like how I CLEARLY hit people first but somehow and input decides not to register and I lose. Try to mount and offense, Nope can't do that either.

Slowly being discouraged again.

Offense in this game doesn't work like in BB -- it's easier to understand if you watch matchvids, etc.

As per your first complaint, I have no idea what you could be talking about at all, tbh. Sounds like either input delay from netplay, an issue with the controller, or something else weird, unless you're just making spacing errors or something.

@anyone who messaged me: am in a skype DnD session in the moment, and grinding exec while I wait on the other players during combat.

Offense in this game doesn't work like in BB -- it's easier to understand if you watch matchvids, etc.

As per your first complaint, I have no idea what you could be talking about at all, tbh. Sounds like either input delay from netplay, an issue with the controller, or something else weird, unless you're just making spacing errors or something.

I watched videos. I practiced, I get online with positivity in mind, it gets sucked away.

I'm starting to think it's input delay.

I watched videos. I practiced, I get online with positivity in mind, it gets sucked away.

I'm starting to think it's input delay.

Don't play below 3 bars in this game unless you want neutral to be based on frauding the other person constantly. Even some 3 bars aren't really that good because of the neutral-heavy nature of the game

Don't play below 3 bars in this game unless you want neutral to be based on frauding the other person constantly. Even some 3 bars aren't really that good because of the neutral-heavy nature of the game

I guess I'll have to stick with 4 bars.

Specifically, I think 3 bar connections encompass both 3f delay and 4f delay connections, and 3f is kind of playable, but 4f is not at all imo

Specifically, I think 3 bar connections encompass both 3f delay and 4f delay connections, and 3f is kind of playable, but 4f is not at all imo

I know I fought someone who had a 4 and it was smooth.

I know I fought someone who had a 4 and it was smooth.

I don't mean bars

I mean the amount of literal frame delay introduced to compensate for ping between the people playing (the game delays itself by a certain amount of frames depending on ping -- better explanation here http://mauve.mizuumi.net/2012/07/05/understanding-fighting-game-networking/ )

like, in training mode, you can actually artificially introduce frame delay, if you want to see what each amount of frame delay feels like. I think it's the last option on the last page

also, smooth =/= playable. you can have a smooth connection but 7 frames of delay, and it feels like you're underwater

I don't mean bars

I mean the amount of literal frame delay introduced to compensate for ping between the people playing (the game delays itself by a certain amount of frames depending on ping -- better explanation here http://mauve.mizuumi.net/2012/07/05/understanding-fighting-game-networking/ )

like, in training mode, you can actually artificially introduce frame delay, if you want to see what each amount of frame delay feels like. I think it's the last option on the last page

also, smooth =/= playable. you can have a smooth connection but 7 frames of delay, and it feels like you're underwater

I have some testing to do then.

man, this game really sucks if netplay from the middle of nowhere is your only option to play against other human beings

everyone is 2-bar or less and even when i get the right reads i can't react to them because input delay feels so tremendously sluggish

2 Bar I feel is character dependent if you can do anything but you certainly have to read things that are normally reactable.