Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

The thing that you need to be careful about with those "tier lists" is how you feel about tier lists. These arcade generated results are just that, results of human players. This creates a very good idea of how players are actually handling situations in the game.

A lot of people think the idea of a tier list should be based on the absolute highest level of play possible, and that's just not possible when dealing with data like this. For instance Chaos could actually be the best character in the game and the most popular, but because of the volume of players, if 95% of them are bad and lose the data is going to get skewed. Of course this isn't the case, but without any supplementary info it very well could be the case.

tl;dr this data is awesome, but take it with a grain of salt. Players are human, they make errors in matches.

There's quite a few other factors which pretty likely play a big role as well. If, for example a really good Chaos has to fight the best JP Vatista at his local arcade, then he's going to end up having a low win rate against Vatista, despite the fact that if he went elsewhere and fought Vatista's more on his level, the matchup ratio would shift dramatically. Especially for a rarely used character like Chaos where each match has more of a bearing on the results. 

Carmine, I suppose? He spends life on his specials and can put on insane pressure for days, though to be honest, he doesn't feel that "high risk" to me despite the cost of his moves (it's not like he has ABA's "Get knocked down and die" weakness). But hey, the rest of the cast is even less likely to be what you're looking for.

After reading on the wiki, I agree with this statement.  Carmine has average health (He isn't a glass cannon), but a lot of his moves require his life to use them.  After reading it a bit, he's kind of like Hazama/Nu in CP.  He can zone, he can pressure, set up traps, and doesn't have a meterless move to get out of pressure.  You get overzealous with his moves you pretty much put yourself in a really crappy position.

Anyone have a ballpark about what the PSN price of the game will be?  I'm trying to get the necessary Yen cards, but don't want to overspend TOO much.

How is the balancing of this game? I've watched a bunch of tournament vid, and so far I see a lot of characters have absurd range while some like Akatsuki or Rinne can't do jack shit against character like Hilda/Merkawa, but I'm not sure if it's because of the match up or just the players' skill.  

Linne and Akatsuki may lack range, but they have more than enough mobility to close in against long-ranged opponents, especially since their little hitboxes make it easy to whiff moves against them. Still, it's no coincidence that the top tier is composed of Dhalsims, but it's not impossible to win against them.

More about player skill. Leo's CM Warc Linne and Senaru/Kaze tsukai's Akatsuki have a really really high winrate. Both are the only characters of the cast with double jump btw.

Akatsuki, like sf characters, have different version of standing normals when close and from neutral jump....once he is in he have a big advantage agains the other chars. While nerfed from blitzkampf, his ligh tatsu continue to be very fast, the whiff is a strong throw setup. He and sion are the only 2 of the game with airthrow, that can't be teched. So he's strong from close, but he can engage in projectyle wars quite confortably too with his 236 and j.236. To complete things, his dp uses the 22 motion, what is quite faster and more reliable if the opponent crossed in the air. His bigger problem is to rush down from the ground, as he uses step style dash. But from close, this works to his advantage (like nanaya/tohno dash).

Linne is probably the most mobile character of the cast. Her jump have very little startup (and she is one of the 2 of the cast with double jump). Her dash is one of the fastest in the game, and she can cancel her projectyle into dash, and the dash into roll (what gives her a bunch of real crossup/fakecrossup setups).

From what I have seen Akatsuki has a lot of tools like reflect, dive punch and even has a projectile. Hilda has like no good reversals that I know of, so getting in on her is pretty much her death.  Been watching a lot of torny vids where Hilda gets destroyed by rushdown and doesn't have many answers to it.  The same can be said for Chaos though Chaos has a bit more tools, but he seems to need Azhi for most of them.  The things I'm talking about are the dp and fireball.

Merkava seems really great at mobility.  He has a flight mode, an airdash glide, a crawl and divekick.  That's pretty darn good if played correctly.

Don't forget about Seth, he's the fastest character in the game, being the only with an Air Back Dash (or back Assault) and once he's in, the mixup possibilities are endless.

Doesn't Eltnum have a double jump as well? I'm pretty sure one of her combo routes is 3C > j.[C] > jc > j.[C]

iirc she can double jump after 3c only

iirc she can double jump after 3c only

After 3C followed by 8 precisely (7 and 9 doesn't allow double jump since it's considered a jump cancel and not 3C followup)

How is the balancing of this game? I've watched a bunch of tournament vid, and so far I see a lot of characters have absurd range while some like Akatsuki or Rinne can't do jack shit against character like Hilda/Merkawa, but I'm not sure if it's because of the match up or just the players' skill.  

I think Linne MU against Gordeau and Merkava really isn't that bad. Her speed and mixup is pretty strong that she can just get in when you see an opportunity too. I've seen linne players shield at far distances against Merkava long range and then rush in right when the frame data difference from the shield works to their advantage. Then when Linne in she can create pretty good pressure that is kinda safe. Gordeau hits like a duff truck just like Merkava, but as long as linne can get in the MU really just balances itself. I honestly don't think it's bad. I do instead think the Waldenstein MU will be a nightmare because A) I always fall for tick throws and B) i can see how a grappler character can really hurt a character that revolves around continued pressure. 

It is funny that i bought 6000 yens for this game, but apparently i already had 1800 on the account :v:

Oh well, I will leave the rest there if by any chance there is some DLC for the game later :toot:

It tends to be a bit later than 8pm EST, I think we got AH3LM at like 10:30-11PM, and BBCP was a bit later than that in the night. PSNs strong point isn't updating at a set time, sadly.

Dudes, taking in consideration that I like using the following characters:

-GG: Ky, Robo Ky

-BB: Rachel, Valkenhayn

-Persona: Yosuke, Yukiko

... which chars would you recommend to me? :v: I'm tempted in using Cruella de Ville Hilda and Yuzu.

^ so many different characters lol. Well you play many characters of different playstyles, something I greatly respect. Unfortunately that means there is no obvious answer so I just suggest you go with your gut and pick a character you like. If I HAD to pick it would probably be someone like Seth since he is very fast movement wise with strong mixup and 50/50s, like Rachel and valk

Dudes, taking in consideration that I like using the following characters:

-GG: Ky, Robo Ky

-BB: Rachel, Valkenhayn

-Persona: Yosuke, Yukiko

... which chars would you recommend to me? :v: I'm tempted in using Cruella de Ville Hilda and Yuzu.

Seth is kinda like Yosuke and Valkenhayn in the rushdown mixup department, so you might wanna look into him.

Rachel and Yukiko, ehh theres no one thats rly like em. The main zoner characters are Vatista and Hilda.Hilda relies on her really long ranged normals, but has a weak up close game, Vatista is a pretty good zoner and has a decent mixup, plus her damage output is pretty high. She does have some charge moves though so her execution might be higher.

I dono how Robo Ky plays but if you wan't someone like Ky, I guess Hyde is the way to go. He's the go to protag with decent range, whos all around balanced.

Seth is kinda like Yosuke and Valkenhayn in the rushdown mixup department, so you might wanna look into him.

Rachel and Yukiko, ehh theres no one thats rly like em. The main zoner characters are Vatista and Hilda.Hilda relies on her really long ranged normals, but has a weak up close game, Vatista is a pretty good zoner and has a decent mixup, plus her damage output is pretty high. She does have some charge moves though so her execution might be higher.

I dono how Robo Ky plays but if you wan't someone like Ky, I guess Hyde is the way to go. He's the go to protag with decent range, whos all around balanced.

I personally doubt you are going to find a character like Robo ky in many fighting games, especially under night. The closest thing I can think of is carmine or eltnum, and even then thats just resource management

Just play Orie. That's my answer to anyone asking who to play.

http://www.exophase.com/game/under-night-in-birth-exelate-trophy-ps3/trophies/
Trophy list is out. I'll drop a quick translation to here:

Thank you for playing!
Completely cleared the game!

Even deeper into the Abyss
You started the game.

Story that could happen to anyone
Hyde's arcade mode

An end to the eternal days
Linne

Lost child of steel
Wald

Blood and iron stakes tremble the joy in him
Carmine

Blue light shines peacefully
Orie

Feelings for a friend and fleeting peacefulness
Gordeau

Where the hungry beast is caged within
Merkava

Holding that hand, walking towards the sunlight...
Vatista

Binding chains of the Night are cut off
Seth

Spun from far beyond her feelings
Yuzu

Black of the Night of desires is deeply stagnated
Hilda

Misleadingly inviting Moon's kindness
Eltnum

Skilled manager of strategies
Chaos

War demon notices the world of lost
Akatsuki

Night wind gently wraps you and flutters
Nanase

Princess and servant walk together
Byakuya

Epilogue: Morning Star of the Night
Cleared all arcade modes

Use the Shield
(Can't be done in Training Mode, Versus Mode, Versus CPU Mode or in Network Mode)

Use Chain Shift
(Can't be done in Training Mode, Versus Mode, Versus CPU Mode or in Network Mode)

Use Veil Off

Use Infinite Worth

Use Infinite Worth EXS
Use every character's IWE attacks (Can't be done in Training Mode, Versus Mode, Versus CPU Mode or in Network Mode)

Order from the God
Pick random character in Character Select so many times that you get every character from it.

Memories of Battle
Watch a replay

High Score
Get over 300 000 000 in Score Attack

Speed Clear
Clear Time Attack within 10 minutes

Survivor
Fight through 30 fights in Survival Mode

Unceasing Efforts
Ina one Training Mode session, deal 300 000 damage to the opponent

Gallery Unlock 50%
Get 50% or more of the GC's in Gallery Mode

Gallery Unlock 100%
Unlock all the GC's in Gallery Mode

IP Millionaire
The amount of IP you possess has exceeded 200 000

Net really is vast
Fough in a Ranked Match

I'm this kind of person
Updated your card information in the Customize Mode

Fashionable
Unlock all 20 colors for a one character

Happy Birthday
Play the game on a birthday of one of the characters

Hyde's Combo Challenge
Deal 5000 damage (Can be done in the Traning Mode)

Linne's Combo Challenge
Deal 5000 damage

Waldstein's Combo Challenge
Deal 20 hits

Carmine's Combo Challenge
Deal 5000 damage

Orie's Combo Challenge
Deal 40 hits

Gordeau's Combo Challenge
Deal 40 hits

Merkava's Combo Challenge
Deal 5000 damage