Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

Hm, so I'm having A LOT of trouble with this game lately, day 0 was fine, but now that everyone has his "infinite combo loops" (yes I know they are not infinite, it just feels like that playstyle would deserve the name) this game is hell for me.

I really enjoyed my first 120 Matches and then the next day after release, everyone was just bodying me and right now its at the point where I cant even get to hit the opponent once, before landing in another combo loop that will result in death and ragequit.

I am not a good player, not by any means, but I have no problems to hit combos in bbcp or p4a, but when it comes to uniel, I can't even get one combo right. Training mode - no problem; Vs. CPU? Lets not talk about it. Yes, its that bad.

This has to be something in the game that I cant get used to and I would like to know what that is. I am not salty, I am not here to cry, I just want to understand why this game feels different in that matter. Right now I want to get back in like every 2 hours or so, then get bodied by 5 different people, not being able to land anything once (again: I have no problems like this in bbcp or p4a, so it must be smth in the game) and then I ragequit - come back after 2 hours of thinking - ragequit, etc.

If you feel like you're finding yourself in an endless loop of getting combo'd and then immediately opened up again, it's usually a sign that your defense might need some work. The most important first step to fixing this problem is to save your replays of these matches and then review them. Try to highlight the moments where you are getting opened up again and what you could've done differently. You can also of course ask questions specifically about these situations if you can not find the answer on your own.

Re-evaluating what your character's gameplan is and how well you're executing it while adjusting to what your opponent's capable of is another thing you can consider doing.

For combos, first thing you want to check is the connection quality of the matches you are playing. The worse a connection is, the more input lag you'll have to deal with that could mess up your timing. Another thing you might want to consider is whether the combos you're doing are character specific or has special spacing requirements. This could also lead to drops. If these aren't the issue, well, it's still pretty early. The game has only been out for 5 days. You might just need to give yourself time to become more comfortable with your combos.

Play against the computer until you can confirm your combos right. Reverse beat means you can pretty much always confirm into a combo. You just have to drill confirms in a real game situation until you don't have to think about what to do.

EDIT: Also, mixups in this game are generally weak. You shouldn't be getting opened up that often, except by throws. Just pay attention and work on playing defensive. This game really rewards playing defensive.

Yea, this game don't play around with defense. If your defense falters, you're done.

Been having the same problem myself.

Also, watch out for resets, remember that EVERY normal is air-unblockable so if you see their trying to make you air tech to reset the combo, don't tech.

Also, watch out for resets, remember that EVERY normal is air-unblockable so if you see their trying to make you air tech to reset the combo, don't tech.

That's good to know because I didn't even know that.

Air tech is fully invuln until you touch the ground. You also can't move after you air tech. It's Street Fighter.

Air tech is fully invuln until you touch the ground. You also can't move after you air tech. It's Street Fighter.

I see. Well...don't chicken block or flail in the air too much.

Been slowing getting the hang of this game, the only thing I probably I need to work on are more optimal combo routes and knowing how to get out of pressure.

Got this yesterday. I like :kitty:

However, I picked Hilda as my main loooool :v So yeah, I feel like I'll take a while to adjust to this game.

Any tips for a completely noob player in this? :v:

However, I picked Hilda as my main loooool :v So yeah, I feel like I'll take a while to adjust to this game.

Que le hagas huevos maricon :v:

Get more squares than your opponent, that gives you much more meter, damage and an RC. The best way to get squares is to block, especially with barrier. Or at least that's the impression I have so far.

On a related note, don't recover backwards too often, since that drains your squares. Took me a while to realize that, so now I'm a bit more conscious about it.

Just wanted to thank ya'll for the great tips, hints and help. Its probably the hardest fg that I played yet, but I am having moments of light here and there.

Out of the entire cast of UNIB. I feel like Merkava (obviously), Waldstein, Hilda are going to be my main problem. Gordeau on the other hand is pretty much free. I can see myself using him a lot. Strong character indeed. But not my cup of tea.  So far, how good is Hyde? His color palettes are extremely nice. 

Hyde has standard tools and is a good starter character. but he has sub-par normals though, and overall you have to work real hard to win with him

Motherfu- Hydes jab is 10 frame startup. TEN FRAMES! who the hell is gonna get opened up by some shit like that?

Congratulations. You just got sigged.

He doesn't have the Jesus Kick or the Fafnir.

Thank you for reminding hes not sol:(((((. And hey man just saying the truth about that jab lol, I forgot to use ragnas 5A to AA because im so used to not pressing that button

Motherfu- Hydes jab is 10 frame startup. TEN FRAMES! who the hell is gonna get opened up by some shit like that?

Someone with a 12 frame startup 5C :v:

but hyde have dash normals + scare shadow (archetype-earth power geyser thing). Maybe people haven't realized yet how strong those things are

Doesnt make him godlke. You can ask other people about this but in my humble opinion the simple fact that his normals compared to a lot cast are shit and thats what gives him most of his problems.

You can only do so much with a 2B that is 11 frames because as a poke, that thing is bad when you have to fight gordeau 5C, Waldstein can clap your projectiles, and merkava just eats you if you throw orbiters just a bit irresponsibly.(etc.)

You can certainly win with hyde, but a usually its a pretty crappy time

Edit: oh yea and those dash normals? Only 66C is really useful and if you use it wrong (not even too much) people can hop over it and punish you.