Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

All FGs are chuuni as fuck

Except for Aquapazza, where schoolgirls beat the hell out of fantasy heroes.

There's usually a specific time of day PSN updates, come back in an hour or so and it'll prolly be there.

Thing is, EU PSN updates are scheduled on wednesdays and UNIEL was supposed to come out on friday so it wasn't the case. Anyways it's long past usual update hour and still nothing. I even asked my regional PlayStation support and they have no idea about any release date lol.

Finally got this game. The characters I'm liking so far include Carmine, Gordeau, Merkava, Yuzuriha, Hilda, Byakuya, and Eltnum.

Out of those, I might main Merkava and sub Byakuya and Eltnum.

Thing is, EU PSN updates are scheduled on wednesdays and UNIEL was supposed to come out on friday so it wasn't the case. Anyways it's long past usual update hour and still nothing. I even asked my regional PlayStation support and they have no idea about any release date lol.

Well, the EU release is also supposed to be out Retail and Digital (from NISA publishing this out), and it doesn't seem its out digitally right now (its not even posted from the EU/PAL store update this week.)

Guess you should try and find a retail copy if you can.

Feeling pretty certain we're not gonna see this on pc so I got it on Friday. All the characters are interesting but only half the roster I want to focus on learning for right now starting with Merk. Maybe I'll get motivated to learn some combos this week....

Seems odd that the retail was released with no problems but not the digital. Is there any word of the status of it?

Not that I know of, sorry. I guess we'll expect the digital release to come out a bit late whenever.

Can someone confirm if this game has region lock for network mode or not.
Considering to get the EU version

osup I finally have this game now!

Bought the only copy my local Gamestop had yesterday, and popped it in my PS3 late after work.

Man, I haven't even gotten to the main menu yet and I'm already digging this game!

thinking about picking up Hyde or Akatsuki but I'll try everyone at least once in Arcade mode

guess I gotta start keeping up with this game again lol

Hello, I just started playing UNIEL and I need a character choice recommendation.

I like to play complex characters that are hard to master and offer artistic playstyle. Tier list position doesn't matter.

For example my choices in ArcSystem fighters are: GGXrd: Zato-1, GGAC+R: Johnny, P4U2: Elizabeth, BB: Carl.

What character would you recommend me to pick in UNIEL? Right now I'm choosing between: Yuzuriha, Chaos, Vatista and Carmine. Or maybe they aren't most complex and there is someone who has more options to play with?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I just started playing UNIEL and I need a character choice recommendation.

I like to play complex characters that are hard to master and offer artistic playstyle. Tier list position doesn't matter.

For example my choices in ArcSystem fighters are: GGXrd: Zato-1, GGAC+R: Johnny, P4U2: Elizabeth, BB: Carl.

What character would you recommend me to pick in UNIEL? Right now I'm choosing between: Yuzuriha, Chaos, Vatista and Carmine. Or maybe they aren't most complex and there is someone who has more options to play with?

Thanks in advance.

From your description, the answer would be Seth. He's difficult to master, hard to play, complex, and free-form. He's also considered one of the weaker characters in the cast.

If you're only interested in your list of characters, I'd veer away from Chaos. Yuzu or Vatista are the more likely options, though Carmine is actually the most "I can do anything I want and it'll work" character out of the bunch, if that's what you're looking for. Vatista is the most difficult to master, followed by Yuzu, then Carmine.

@2312123131, play Yuzu.

Thanks for advice.

From your description, the answer would be Seth. He's difficult to master, hard to play, complex, and free-form. He's also considered one of the weaker characters in the cast.

If you're only interested in your list of characters, I'd veer away from Chaos. Yuzu or Vatista are the more likely options, though Carmine is actually the most "I can do anything I want and it'll work" character out of the bunch, if that's what you're looking for. Vatista is the most difficult to master, followed by Yuzu, then Carmine.

Thank you, I'll examine Seth and erase Carmine from the list.

Also could you please explain why would you veer away from Chaos? Is he poorly designed or limited in options?

Thanks for advice.

Also could you please explain why would you veer away from Chaos? Is he poorly designed or limited in options?

Ehh.. i wouldn't recommend Seth IMO. Definitely try out Yuzu, Carmine, or Vatista. Reason why i say not to use Seth is because his risk doesn't outweigh the reward. He has to take a lot of risks to open the opponent up and he has really low health. In a game where 2.5k to 3k is the norm.. 8k health is really bad. Also, his neutral isn't exactly the greatest either and he struggles to get in without orb out. Yuzu on the other hand has a really good but difficult-to-grasp neutral with great damage. Carmine continually pressures you until you crack, and he has a good neutral and great oki options.

I don't consider Yuzu very difficult to understand at all, but that opinion does depend largely on whether you've played any games with somewhat similarly designed zoning characters, I suppose.

Yuzu is definitely more likely to be your choice over Vatista in terms of freestyle, though. Vatista is interesting and hard to play, but definitely less free-form than the other characters mentioned.

The weaknesses that Nereus mention for Seth are all very, very true. Seth is definitely a hard to play and high-risk character who doesn't get as much reward from his hits. He is a lot of fun to play, though, and creativity is absolutely key to his neutral and overall playstyle.

Chaos is very limited, and most characters can ignore his limited options to some degree, which makes him a very, very unrewarding character overall unless you particularly enjoy his doll-based gameplay.

Thanks a lot, Tari and Nereus. With your help I understood that Carmine is not what I was searching for. And looks like Chaos is also a wrong choice.

At the first glance Seth seems a bit similar to Chipp Zanuff from Guilty Gear. Teleport vortex, fast horizontal specials, even 3C launcher looks like Chipp's 2HS. This ninja/assassin vortex playstyle is really interesting and complex but it isn't my thing. But I'll continue my examination maybe I'm wrong.

Yuzuriha looks like Johnny from GG. Counter-attacking character that requires thinking twice before making a move due to big recovery. But reward for the right choice is worth it. Again I may be wrong.

And Vatista has to set up some bullet hell zoning in order to win. Just like Venom from GG, very interesting.

All characters seem to be execution heavy, and that's what I was searching for.

Now I can choose only between Yuzu and Vatista, and maybe Seth.

Thank you again.

Those are probably the closest analogies you can draw from GG, so I'd say you're pretty much on the mark. Have fun choosing your character! :)