Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

Undecided? Damn, it's like the GGXXAC+ suffering all over again.

If you're talking about MB, French Bread have said multiple times that they want to wait until Type-Moon decides to stop milking F/SN and figure out their Tsukihime plans.

tsukihime HD isn't real

satsuki route isn't real

our eyes aren't real

satsuki

Who?

"That’s why we created the Grind Grid system, which increases when a player makes a correct read and decreases when they make an incorrect read. Through effective play, the character with the fuller Grind Grid will be strengthened."

While nothing new, the Grind Grid system is probably why UNI is such a great game. That, and maybe French Bread has a way with balancing characters; it even shows in Melty Blood!

*Anticipates someone to yell out "NEROOOOooo!!!"*

I can understand not wanting to make a new MB because Tsukihime pretty much no longer exists, which is fair. But I can't understand the mindset in not at least giving Melty Blood fans a a ported version to (net)play consoles. Unless they no longer possess the rights to the franchise or something, it seems like they're really giving us the shaft for no reason.

Anyway, back to the basement you go MB/Tsukihime.

Unless they no longer possess the rights to the franchise or something, it seems like they're really giving us the shaft for no reason.

They never owned it to begin with. It has always been the property of Type-Moon; French-Bread were just the ones who developed it for them, like how Arc System Works developed P4U for Atlus. This is the whole reason they've only updated Actress Again rather than make a new game after the PS2 port, as TM doesn't wanna do anything else with it until the Tsukihime remake gets released. The problem is just that they're rather infamous for their delays...

I want to get into this game, but it seems to have some serious balance issues. 

Also: 

As you can see, we have balls now.

Sigged

Not really. Gordeau, Chaos and Akatsuki can be considered unbalanced, but the rest of the cast is perfectly competitive. When you compare the number of balanced and unbalanced characters, UNIEL is actually better than most other fighting games on the market.

It doesn't. If you're fine with the balance in BB, you should have no problems at all with UNIEL.

Not really. Gordeau, Chaos and Akatsuki can be considered unbalanced, but the rest of the cast is perfectly competitive. When you compare the number of balanced and unbalanced characters, UNIEL is actually better than most other fighting games on the market.

And Seth

Problem is everyone is using Gordeau and Merkava. Things like that give me pause.

Online is varied, with Linne and Akatsuki slightly more represented. I don't know where you're getting this (mis)information from.

I use my Hilda a little more than Gordeau these days. Also, I don't even see the army of Gordeaus/Merkavas you speak of.

Most players don't main Gordeau/Merkava/Waldstein. There's a pretty good spread of character diversity throughout the game.

The top 3 aren't even completely overpowering. They have generally better matchups than the rest of the cast, but that doesn't mean they're anywhere close to unbeatable.

...in fact, I don't think I've seen a top 3 character win a tournament in a long, long time in the US. Japan doesn't really have particularly skewed tournament results for the top 3 either.