Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

; ~ ; Erryone hates ma main.

I feel the same, but as a Merkava main, I'm not too worried. As long as he still has his Dhalsim arms and flight, I'll be able to enjoy playing as him even if he deals no damage.

Considering what his moves look like, they can't really alter his range that much without redrawing sprites entirely. Unless they go full Capcom-hitboxes.

So did they actually confirm they're releasing a free balance patch for the console version, or is that just speculation based on a vague announcement that something is being developed?

It's a pretty vague announcement. I don't think they even specified that it was for console, but I'm not really sure. The arcade version is still missing Nanase and Byakuya, and is overdue for that update.

The original 'announcement', which I believe has been deleted, actually had a lot of JP players speculating that it was a UNI2 development announcement because of vague wording. That's been quite straightforwardly denied at this point.

Well, I'm not sure if you guys saw but some guy went through the files via hex editing awhile back and found 2 unused character slots and he tweeted a screenshot of it. Likely someone probably shared it on GameFAQs too. Maybe the 2 new slots were left for the update?

Reminds me of that rumor back when the game was released that French Bread had created an entire playable character for Tsukuyomi but decided not to add her to the game's roster until they had another character to go with her because she would unbalance the character select screen if added by herself. :v:

Reminds me of that rumor back when the game was released that French Bread had created an entire playable character for Tsukuyomi but decided not to add her to the game's roster until they had another character to go with her because she would unbalance the character select screen if added by herself. :v:

Well, that's half-way correct... Tsukuyomi was planned to be playable before Byakuya, but nothing states that Tsukuyomi was a finished character.

Narita said in a Famitsu interview that after they finished Nanase they wanted to add Tsukuyomi as a playable character. But in that case, both new characters for the console version would have been female... So, for the sake of roster's gender balance they chose to adjust Tsukuyomi's backstory and make Byakuya playable.

Gender balance was also the reason why Orie's gender changed from male to female. Anyone remember Londrekia?

Gender balance was also the reason why Orie's gender changed from male to female. Anyone remember Londrekia?

Whoa, whoa, whoa - where's the image from? I'm interested in seeing more of those side / scrapped / unused characters. Dat Chemeti!

Well, that is hopeful maybe... Aka is still the stuggle, and it's a real design challange to think of what can be done to the guy that simply doesn't fit in without breaking his character mold (or rely on just upping the damage, which doesn't really help).

Well, that's half-way correct... Tsukuyomi was planned to be playable before Byakuya, but nothing states that Tsukuyomi was a finished character.

Narita said in a Famitsu interview that after they finished Nanase they wanted to add Tsukuyomi as a playable character. But in that case, both new characters for the console version would have been female... So, for the sake of roster's gender balance they chose to adjust Tsukuyomi's backstory and make Byakuya playable.

Aha, so that's where the rumors came from, huh?

And I'm quite happy Orie is a female character. :P We wouldn't have hurricane dresses and super-wiggles without her.

Whoa, whoa, whoa - where's the image from? I'm interested in seeing more of those side / scrapped / unused characters. Dat Chemeti!

It's from the original UNIB mook, which is floating around the net somewhere.

Erika Wagner and Mika Returna as two new characters for a paid patch with balance changes.... would be totally ok with me.  A new disc, less so... but probably buy that as well.

Erika Wagner and Mika Returna as two new characters for a paid patch with balance changes.... would be totally ok with me.  A new disc, less so... but probably buy that as well.

I DEFINITELY want Erika to be playable. As for the other character, considering the "gender balancing", maybe Kuon? Hell, when is Filia guest character.

who is that girl with a whip, i want her playable D: 

Chemeti was introduced in the mook that released when vanilla came out in the arcades. She was described as an extremely sadistic character with an ability to control waveforms.

Anyways, I wrote some stuff about the scrapped ideas if people are interested.

It's weird how they couldn't do Chemeti due to problems (I'm assuming game mechanics), but we ended up getting Sion, who uses Etherlite like a whip, as a playable character.

It's weird how they couldn't do Chemeti due to problems (I'm assuming game mechanics), but we ended up getting Sion, who uses Etherlite like a whip, as a playable character.

It's been a while, so I could be wrong, but I believe they couldn't do Chemeti just because they made the character too vulgar and sadistic and were unwilling to edit her.

Chemeti was introduced in the mook that released when vanilla came out in the arcades. She was described as an extremely sadistic character with an ability to control waveforms.

Anyways, I wrote some stuff about the scrapped ideas if people are interested.

Seeing those pictures reminds me of how cute the other version of Linne was. :( Where is alternate-sprite long-haired Linne? :P

Also, you should totally add the Ragna-styled Hyde pictures to the early art for him. Those are rather funny.

It's been a while, so I could be wrong, but I believe they couldn't do Chemeti just because they made the character too vulgar and sadistic and were unwilling to edit her.

I see no problem about sadistic characters when Carmine, Hilda and Byakuya already exist.

I see no problem about sadistic characters when Carmine, Hilda and Byakuya already exist.

I was going to mention this. Carmine was one of the original 4 characters back when it was just UNIB.

I think the problem was they didn't know how to incorporate a whip character then, and when they did, they decided to just bring in Sion.

This new character Phonon appears to be a renamed Chemeti.

Under Night In-Birth Exe:late[st].

UNIELST? UNIST?

Also, I see what they did there. Exe:late[st], the late[st] version.

Yeah, definitely looks like her. I didn't even know she had a new name, I just auto-assumed it was Chemeti, hah.

Direct link to the game loketest page for the lazy: http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/unist/

To summarize the page:

- New character: Phonon (ie: Chemeti renamed)

- Added characters: Nanase, Byakuya

- New VO mechanic: Mid-combo VO by spending 100 meter + vorpal (it may be similar or the same as UNI mid-combo VO on hit)

- Balance changes for entire cast

All pending loketest adjustments, of course.

As for the screenshot on the page, I'm fairly sure it's just a mockup. The mid-combo VO will probably look similar, but I'd be surprised if that was how the loketest looks. Green health bars when injured, English font for CHALLENGER (but not the other text), and an incorrect vorpal timer (cycle restarted at 85 seconds) all imply mock-up to me.