Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

And it seems that no one has translated any detailed info...

Sorry about that, I just came home.

Why does Phonon's backstory sound so much like a Persona plot?

Dunno man. A friend of mine IS really strong with him. His mixup potential is insane for this game. They've to be really careful buffing him. He doing fine against the current cast, except the 3 gods.

Well there HAS to be at least 1 more male character for their valued gender balance.

I don't understand this logic when if they add 2 female characters the roster would be even.  =P

Erika Wagner hope 4 lyfe!

So, Raito was streaming and shared some tiny pieces of info...

* Originally they expected to update the arcade version in 6 months after the console version released
* Exe:Late[st] is already pretty much complete. They can release it very soon after the loketests if there are no problems.

* Game is completely developed by French Bread. ASW hasn't touched anything within the game
* Arc System Works has told them what they should do, so the game would feel more like a new version.
* French Bread is well known for not marketing their games.
* Melty Blood sold well even without marketing it. But that won't work with an original work, like UNI
* ECOLE didn't have too much resources to market the game
* With the PS3 version, French Bread learned that you need a lot of help in game development
* ASW are professionals in marketing and have funds to do so. This will help to gain more players for UNI.

* Raito doesn't know if the new hud with Story artwork is final
* Opening will change in Exe:Late[st]. Raito is not sure if the movie can be seen in loketest, but he hasn't seen the movie yet either
* Raito is not confirming whether there's "Seth VS Hyde" song or not, but promises there will definitely be something new to listen...
* Raito will be holding a new music listening broadcast after Exe:Late[st] starts to operate
* He has been talking with Narita about holding a new UStream broadcast, but it's not decided yet
* Raito was thinking that if they could show of the new things and balance changes in the UStream broadcast to the people who couldn't come to the loketests.
* Raito doesn't know if they share changelog, but he personally would definitely want one.

* Version select was researched. Narita also thought it would be cool, but it was difficult and pretty expensive to realize.
* People are now talking that Raito is the only person who shares new info about UNI. But he just wants to make sure people have something to look forward...

Here's to hoping UNIst's balancing and the new Cross Cast Veil Off is a free update to consoles when the time comes for that, and that Chemeti (She's forever Chemeti to me ;; ) and whoever else will be playable (Erika Wagner pls) to balance the cast amount is a reasonably priced DLC addition (Stay out of this ASW >> ).

I'd be totally okay with it being a new disc if they added a lot more than just balancing, CCVO, Chemeti, and whoever else if the price was decreased like BBCPEX was, but they already kind of did that with the US release, so they'd have to do it again less they lose the US players who waited.

I really doubt they'll do a new disc release for PS3. Unlike GG/BB, this isn't a popular enough series that they can get away with giving such a small iterative update its own release.

It'll either be a free balance patch with an ~$8 DLC unlock for Phonon, or they just won't put it on PS3 at all.

Of course, all this could be moot if they decide to bring it to PS4 instead to reach a new and wider audience. That would be an excuse for a new retail disc.

I just realized that, if they do make Erika or some other member of Licht Kreis playable, then maybe the new theme Raito mentioned is actually not Hyde vs. Seth but a Licht Kreis vs. theme?

It'll either be a free balance patch with an ~$8 DLC unlock for Phonon, or they just won't put it on PS3 at all.

Anything but that. D: That would make all of us I think die a little inside. Also lol at the obvious ASW price tag on Chemeti. ...Please be like $5~6.

Here's to hoping Seth is viable in this version so i can go back to it lol. This is my fav. anime fighter but i just got tired of dealing with the non-sense.

Whip attacks have a lot of reach: she can overwhelm the opponent from far away or drag the opponent close to her and then beat them.

If you imagine how Eltnum does her Etherite Air move, there's a lot to look forward from this character.

I'm curious now. I wonder if she's going to be a mixture of Sion, Amane Nishiki and Orie (for them heel kicks). Sion for the obvious whip moves that trip and the Etherlite Air type of move (Merkava DP + Etherlite Air?), Amane for bringing them in close (Maybe like Amane's C moves - Hit them from far away then tugging the whip to bring them closer.) and maybe some sadistic command grabs that involve tons of heel grinding (Yummy.).

I really want some gameplay footage. ;;

I really doubt they'll do a new disc release for PS3. Unlike GG/BB, this isn't a popular enough series that they can get away with giving such a small iterative update its own release.

Arcana Heart would like to disagree.

I'd hope its a free patch.

You're probably going to have to come out of your pocket for Pho, at least.

I'm praying for my main though.

I hope this update for Gord and Merk mains feels like having your husband come back from military service missing both arms, a leg, an eye, and suffering from PTSD.

I hope this update for Gord and Merk mains feels like having your husband come back from military service missing both arms, a leg, an eye, and suffering from PTSD.

Wow rude. It's like characters can only be either top or bottom tier.

Wow rude. It's like characters can only be either top or bottom tier.

Hearing the words "grim" or "reaper" give me the shakes now, so it's only fair.

Not sure if someone can confirm, but the wiki says Chemeti/Phonon is being voiced by Saori Oonishi.

If this is true I will kiss the voice director/casting person. Saori Oonishi is the perfect sadistic ojou-sama/hime voice. <0

Hearing the words "grim" or "reaper" give me the shakes now, so it's only fair.

Stop sucking? It's definitely not that bad. They need nerfs, but nothing nearly as severe as you say.

The real question everyone clearly needs to be asking now is whether we'll be getting more story (and side-story!) details soon. :P Is Hilda ok? Has Phonon ever interacted with Hyde before? Is Eltnum still trolling people? Did Seth leave Linne in that tree forever? -cough-

Is Eltnum still trolling people?

Is it even possible for her to stop?

But considering that it's just an arcade update, I'm not sure we're getting the new story material just yet (other than Phonon's arcade route, of course).

Not sure if someone can confirm, but the wiki says Chemeti/Phonon is being voiced by Saori Oonishi.

Yes, Phonon is voiced by Saori Oonishi. Source is this article where the other profile details also came from. (Picture to clearly things and in case the article gets edited)

The real question everyone clearly needs to be asking now is whether we'll be getting more story (and side-story!) details soon. :P

Phonon arcade story will probably be the only new thing... Maybe they'll reveal some new NPC character from that "EFG" organization or something to create more potential playable characters...

I sure hope they use this chance to release a new disc with full Story Mode. Story is such a mess right now that they couldn't make a good sequel even if they wanted.

Maybe ASW giving them advice to make their game more marketable includes a full on story mode to fluff up the future console release... full with open spots on the character select for 2 or 3 800 yen characters.

Character challenges/trials and a proper tutorial wouldn't hurt either.

Maybe ASW giving them advice to make their game more marketable includes a full on story mode to fluff up the future console release... full with open spots on the character select for 2 or 3 800 yen characters.

Character challenges/trials and a proper tutorial wouldn't hurt either.

Agreed. One major gripe I had learning this game was the lack of tutorials.

The real question everyone clearly needs to be asking now is whether we'll be getting more story (and side-story!) details soon. :P Is Hilda ok? Has Phonon ever interacted with Hyde before? Is Eltnum still trolling people? Did Seth leave Linne in that tree forever? -cough-

Hilda will either get a lot of buffs or a lot of nerfs, game developers called her a really strong character and while she is she dies on opponents who can get in