Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

Arcana Heart would like to disagree.

AH3 had an unusually long gap between its vanilla and LOVE MAX versions, it's still more popular than UNIB, and it has an appeal outside of the usual fighting game crowd due to being a waifu game.

AH3 had an unusually long gap between its vanilla and LOVE MAX versions, it's still more popular than UNIB, and it has an appeal outside of the usual fighting game crowd due to being a waifu game.

I'll give you the long gap, though it might end up just as large with UNIst, we have no idea just yet. I'd like to see some hard numbers behind the popularity statement, though.

And how the hell is being a waifu fighter supposed to affect the disc release? :psyduck: UNI has more than enough waifus, too.

I've never heard of Arcana being more popular than UNIEL to be honest.  I can't even remember the last time a major had Arcana but the last handful had UNIEL as a side tournament at the very least.

Seth was actually viable in UNiB but they nerfed him to hell lol

Seth is viable in UNIEL. Everyone is. He's just not very good.

cielmer_ousyuu has an 82% win rate with him at 3k+ matches played on PSN.

Here's to hoping UNIst's balancing and the new Cross Cast Veil Off is a free update to consoles when the time comes for that, and that Chemeti (She's forever Chemeti to me ;; ) and whoever else will be playable (Erika Wagner pls) to balance the cast amount is a reasonably priced DLC addition (Stay out of this ASW >> ).

I'd be totally okay with it being a new disc if they added a lot more than just balancing, CCVO, Chemeti, and whoever else if the price was decreased like BBCPEX was, but they already kind of did that with the US release, so they'd have to do it again less they lose the US players who waited.

8 dollars is totally reasonable, specially when the characters are actually very unique and not crap like the sf characters that are all barely devitations of the same goddamn formula, stop being cheap.

I have to ask where?

AH3 is not popular neither on japan and definitively not on USA.

AH3 barely sold 35k on japan and love max sold less than AH3 vanilla, around 30k

for comparision sake, 1st week sales in japan to compare the ability to move foward with the series

http://beastnote.blogspot.com.br/2014/12/first-week-sales-guilty-gear-xrd.html

57 [PS3] Arcana Heart 3 (Arc System Works) {2011.01.13} - 17,219 / NEW

68 [PS3] Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (Arc System Works) {2014.07.24} - 9,171 / NEW

72 [PS3] Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! (Arc System Works) {2014.05.29} - 6,273 / NEW

my rant/reservations

1-this is japan only, new physical copies only. But Narita commented in twitter how apreensive he was, because people in japan always go for the physical copy. When the stores were out of it, a lot of people would buy overpriced resell copies in the internet instead of buying digital copies.

2-this is 1st week only, it may sell more in the long run, but it will obviously create a bottleneck in the development of a next game/series if it don't sell a lot as soon as possible.

3-the less money is invested and the higher is the price of each copy, the less you need to sell for it to be a sucess.

4-lot's of those were already launched for arcade before, so in big part they already paid their develpment. Now that arcadia magazine is dead, it's hard to find information about arcade revenue...

5-this don't have any info about PC/steam games, be it SF4, KOF, etc

6-the autor opted to not include info about smash because "smash isn't a fighting game" etc. But his sources do have info about it, Smash 4 for WIIU should be tied with Dissidia PSP, and Smash 4 DS above all others in 1st.

7-lot's of people buying a game don't equate to it having a strong competitive scene. People can buy it and only play casually, or change for the game that comes in the next week. One example of this was Dissidia itself.

8-it's japan, expect FGS based on famous anime series to have a absurd bost compared to others. Throwing the name Jojo at the top of it's popularity isn't a small deal. Hell, throwing the name Saint Seiya today, far from it's glory, already have a big effect.

Seth is viable in UNIEL. Everyone is. He's just not very good.

cielmer_ousyuu has an 82% win rate with him at 3k+ matches played on PSN.

Bringing up PSN win rates doesn't really help me here. The only player i've seen do well with him in JP arcades... and i mean REALLY well.. is Rion and he even tends to struggle against strong players who know the matchup. In fact, last time i saw him in a tourney he wasn't even using Seth, he was using Hyde.  I have yet to even see a NA Seth player in tourney and if you have links just let me know. 

In a general sense, yes, every character can win, but there's a difference between being able to win matches, and being viable. Seth may beat Akatsuki or Chaos, but just because he can do that doesn't mean he won't lose to Gordeau, Hyde, etc. Bottom line is: He has too many bad matchups.

If they were to buff Seth though, i'd say give him a different Force Function, let his orbs not have a hitbox (gets destroyed WAY too easily with other projectiles and it's his only way of getting in on zoners besides 623C which has horrid range), change some of his normals/buff some of them like his 66B.. that move is utterly useless lol.. and give him more health, then he'll be really solid.

I can give you other reasons as to why he isn't viable, but i don't want this to turn into a "Seth sucks because.." thread. Maybe it's just me being a bad player, but i honestly don't see any reason or evidence showing he's viable because he really isn't IMO. The character has good damage and speed, but it's every else that's the problem.

This isn't VGChartz or NeoGAF guys, let's not get spergy about sales numbers. Even if LOVE MAX's standalone console release sold like crap, the fact remains that the Arcana series has much more of a legacy behind it than UNIB (despite the Melty connections) and a far better reputation with the JP arcade scene, so you can see why ASW and Examu had enough faith in it.

8 dollars is totally reasonable, specially when the characters are actually very unique and not crap like the sf characters that are all barely devitations of the same goddamn formula, stop being cheap.

I'd personally rather fight SF shoto clones all day than Merkava and Gordeau. At least they're reasonably balanced and their core design is solid, if tired and overused.

Merk and Gord deserve to be nerfed like how Metaknight was for SSB4.

Bringing up PSN win rates doesn't really help me here. The only player i've seen do well with him in JP arcades... and i mean REALLY well.. is Rion and he even tends to struggle against strong players who know the matchup. In fact, last time i saw him in a tourney he wasn't even using Seth, he was using Hyde.  I have yet to even see a NA Seth player in tourney and if you have links just let me know. 

In a general sense, yes, every character can win, but there's a difference between being able to win matches, and being viable. Seth may beat Akatsuki or Chaos, but just because he can do that doesn't mean he won't lose to Gordeau, Hyde, etc. Bottom line is: He has too many bad matchups.

If they were to buff Seth though, i'd say give him a different Force Function, let his orbs not have a hitbox (gets destroyed WAY too easily with other projectiles and it's his only way of getting in on zoners), change some of his normals/buff some of them like his 66B.. that move is utterly useless lol.. and give him more health, then he'll be really solid.

I can give you other reasons as to why he isn't viable, but i don't want this to turn into a "Seth sucks because.." thread. Maybe it's just me being a bad player, but i honestly don't see any reason or evidence showing he's viable because he really isn't IMO. The character has good damage and speed, but it's every else that's the problem.

Don't forget lowering his execution level, damn, the execution completely wrecks him in netplay.

Don't forget lowering his execution level, damn, the execution completely wrecks him in netplay.

Although this is true, i wouldn't lower a character's execution due to netplay. His execution isn't TOO bad in general, but it does get annoying on netplay. Then again, it's netplay lol

...but it does get annoying on netplay. Then again, it's netplay lol

Oh my god this.

Every time I eat a Merkava wakeup upback divekick because I mistimed my oki by a few frames thanks to netplay, I get fucking salty. But I don't think his divekick should be nerfed because of it. It's just netplay being netplay. Gotta live with it.

This isn't VGChartz or NeoGAF guys, let's not get spergy about sales numbers. Even if LOVE MAX's standalone console release sold like crap, the fact remains that the Arcana series has much more of a legacy behind it than UNIB (despite the Melty connections) and a far better reputation with the JP arcade scene, so you can see why ASW and Examu had enough faith in it.

It's not that I care about sales numbers that much, but since I don't live in Japan, I have no way to see for myself whether your claim is true or not. And unless you provide some evidence to support it, it's nothing but hearsay, which doesn't really belong here.

I personally like the little changes they made. A green health bar is fun to look at, & they changed the character portraits to something you err... don't see 24/7 lol.

As for the Cross Cast Veil Off, it is used mid-combo so who knows how it's really going to work. Heck, I'd be happy if I could only finish any combo with a Veil-Off!

Hahaha. I'm not being cheap. I'm being reasonable. Much like SF, all we're getting for UNI is the character, their lackluster arcade mode, their theme, and colors you still need to unlock via playing the game to gain in-game currency.

With P4U, we got the character, their colors, their challenge mode, their theme, their arcade which I can argue is also lackluster but at least P4U has a bigger story to make up for it, tons of unique post-match dialogue, and it was all for five dollars, not eight like it would have if Aksys didn't say no to ASW's bs pricing.

If you're going to call me cheap, at least bring up some reasons why I'm apparently being cheap, because the only thing that I myself can say that is making me cheap is if the balance update is free. If the update is hopefully free, then sure, I'll pay around eight dollars to help development costs considering how much I love UNI.

With P4U, we got the character, their colors, their challenge mode, their theme, their arcade which I can argue is also lackluster but at least P4U has a bigger story to make up for it, tons of unique post-match dialogue, and it was all for five dollars, not eight like it would have if Aksys didn't say no to ASW's bs pricing.

This only happened in NA, and it was an Atlus decision. $8 is pretty expensive but if you really want to play the character then it's not that bad.

I'd personally rather fight SF shoto clones all day than Merkava and Gordeau. At least they're reasonably balanced and their core design is solid, if tired and overused.

Merk and Gord deserve to be nerfed like how Metaknight was for SSB4.

This is why i can never take anything you say seriously, excuse me while i laugh at your post.

Yeah someone never had to deal with AE Akuma lol.

fuck that guy, "let me steamroll you on knockdown in a game that doesn't have the mechanics to deal with good oki/setplay" :(