Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

@Lars they already said (as mentioned earlier in the thread) that they wanted to test the waters before they committed to adding more characters.  Also IIRC Byakuya and Nanase might be new for the arcade but I don't remember, I haven't followed UNI pre-EL very well, so that's technically three?  I think.  

@Lars they already said (as mentioned earlier in the thread) that they wanted to test the waters before they committed to adding more characters.  Also IIRC Byakuya and Nanase might be new for the arcade but I don't remember, I haven't followed UNI pre-EL very well, so that's technically three?  I think.

That's correct, Byakuya and Nanase still haven't been released on the arcades.

Also, I'm not sure it'd be that easy for them to take a character from a different fighting game that's already a crossover of IPs that don't belong to them. Like, if they want to use Yukina, they shouldn't be talking to Sega, but with Dengeki.

The shoryuken poll was Enkidu > Erika Wagner > the rest. But that's meaningless since we're just dirty foreigners.

Dunno about Japan. Probably the most boring choice because Japan has no taste in characters.

That's correct, Byakuya and Nanase still haven't been released on the arcades.Also, I'm not sure it'd be that easy for them to take a character from a different fighting game that's already a crossover of IPs that don't belong to them. Like, if they want to use Yukina, they shouldn't be talking to Sega, but with Dengeki.

I already did mention the needs of Dengeki's permission, in mix with Sega one

The shoryuken poll was Enkidu > Erika Wagner > the rest. But that's meaningless since we're just dirty foreigners.

Dunno about Japan. Probably the most boring choice because Japan has no taste in characters.

Stop with the persecution complex already, it's cringeworthy. Did a Japanese dude ruined your chilhood or something.

I can agree on that one. I don't like Japans taste of character choices as well.

Do I seriously need to put Kappa at the end of every facetious comment I make, else I be mistaken for a tumblrite?

Japan having bad taste in characters is for real though. Their popularity poll results are depressing. Main characters always win, regardless of how flat and boring they are.

source: Newtype magazine male character polls since 2002, when Gundam SEED aired

ok back on topic

how 'bout that release date

hope we get some good videos within a day or two of it

source: Newtype magazine male character polls since 2002, when Gundam SEED aired

ok back on topic

Release date was like july 23rd booboo, we're most likely not gonna get anything until then but we'll most likely see stuff on chainshift

Also are we gonna get a phonon forum?? 

What's with all these people making accounts just to bitch in this thread and then never post again?

ok back on topic

Don't forget the Arc Revo side tournament.  We should be seeing some very good footage very soon.

Release date was like july 23rd booboo, we're most likely not gonna get anything until then but we'll most likely see stuff on chainshift

Also are we gonna get a phonon forum?? 

No, there will be no Phonon forum. I see no reason not to make a character thread for her, though! :P

That said, I'm not sure if Tigre wants to make the thread himself or if anyone else is free to do so. Might want to ask him.

Japanese players have been Tweeting that they've been accepted to the ArcRevo UNIst side tournament. Needle has made a full list and I translated it. So far, we have confirmations from 30 of the whole 32 players. I also listed the characters these players have used in UNIEL. Of course, there's a chance someone might still change their character, but you get the idea which characters can been seen in the tournament.

Naoya/Necrotan (Hyde)
Sugano (Hyde)
Detty (Hyde)
Yomi (Linne)
Jikangire (Linne)
Keisuke (Linne)
Beku (Linne)
Shachou/Fusemaster (Wald)
Notes (Carmine)
Nedi (Carmine)
ROW (Orie)
Nishine (Orie)
Tiger (Orie
Honki (Gordeau)
Destrade (Gordeau)
Mabusin (Gordeau?)
Heiho (Merkava)
crow (Merkava)
Ryuusei (Merkava)
Nekomiko (Vatista)
Roy (Vatista)
Yagibee (Vatista)
Rion (Seth) [Confirmed on Twitter that he's not going to use Hyde]
Cross/Speed (Yuzuriha)
boogie (Hilda)
Kyou (Hilda)
Senaru (Eltnum)
Grove (Akatsuki) 
Moxyo (Akatsuki)
Ohittou (Byakuya/Seth?)

So far we have no Orie, Chaos, Eltnum or Nanase. Byakuya pretty much depends on Ohittou. And we have no idea yet who's planning to use Phonon. 

EDIT 1: Row and Nishine have been confirmed.
EDIT 2: Tiger and Senaru confirmed
Edited by Sourenga

No Chaos? B-but he got buffed! Seriously though, not having someone like Shimazaki repping the new Chaos makes me really sad :C

No Eltnum is also a surprise to me.

Where is hishigata? Brah, you have 8k+ matches on netplay, leave the comfort of home and go school some people in real life. Plz. ; ;