Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

Watching the Apm stream over the past two days, so far the changes are all looking pretty good. It's too soon to tell who's gonna come out on top, especially since some characters went through a lot of changes, but so far, here's my early impression of the cast:

Much better than before: Seth, Byakuya
Better than before: Chaos, Nanase, Akatsuki, Hyde
Slightly better: Hilda, Orie, Linne, Vatista (what the fuck FB)

About the same: Carmine, Waldstein*
Slightly worse: Yuzuriha(?), Eltnum*
Worse than before: Merkava, Gordeau**
Much worse: No one.

No opinion: Phonon (she seems good enough)

*I haven't seen a lot of Eltnum footage, and most of what I saw was about the same as before. I didn't see her new FF in action, nor any of her changes actually, so it's hard to tell. Waldstein is so underplayed in the west that it was hard for me to notice any difference in what he does now that he couldn't before, or vice versa. He's still amazing.

**Gordeau is still strong. Like high tier strong. Most of the pants on head bonkers things about him were brought in line with the rest of the cast, but don't expect an easy time against him because of this.

Again, these are just my personal impressions, and only after 2 days since launch, so take it with a grain of salt. Who knows what people might discover over the next few weeks.

Eltinum's gun shot is scary now, i actually didn't see a yuzu that entire stream either 

Also vatisita is going to be a top 3 character, i'm calling it now nobody is utilizing the 46c change say hello to carmine with a dp

Id rather just do 5[C] pressure instead thank you. In one of the moments I 5A on accident, I'll remember what makes it better than other normals

You're focusing on the worst aspects of it while ignoring the aspects that would make it dumb. But it's perfectly normal to wish your main character was dumb.

Much worse: Merkava

Whoah there, what happened? Is it some hidden change that wasn't in the loketests, or is one of the changes we knew about ended up being much more crucial? Or is it just the players using him being bad? I don't remember anything about them changing his flight oki, and his neutral game should still be excellent.

His damage shot down a lot. He gets hit out of upback divekick much more easily, and it's worse on block. He still doesn't have strong mixup.
Yeah his neutral is still good. Currently, Merkava players get away with a lot of reckless button pushing because he's so oppressive and strong, but in UNIST he's just not scary anymore. He can't get away with being dumb. And when he respects others, which he has never had to do before, he doesn't strike me as particularly impressive.

Edit: Some adjustments; Merkava damage is indeed down, but not as much as I thought. People were doing UNIEL combos which did nothing. A proper Merkava player did respectable damage (623A hint hint). Nanase was buffed a lot more than I thought. Her EX moves in particular are way better (even 214C).

I wouldn't say that Merkava doesn't have strong mixup as long as he has this. Also, upback divekick was never that good of an option, since it loses to quite a few wake-up options (blocking being the most obvious one). So yeah, I'll wait until the players get more experience with the game before making the final judgment.

You're focusing on the worst aspects of it while ignoring the aspects that would make it dumb. But it's perfectly normal to wish your main character was dumb.

Whoah there, what happened? Is it some hidden change that wasn't in the loketests, or is one of the changes we knew about ended up being much more crucial? Or is it just the players using him being bad? I don't remember anything about them changing his flight oki, and his neutral game should still be excellent.

It doesn't really matter. Truth is you really won't use it for anything other than blockstring filler, which i guess is cool guy. Or hey it can be the starter you for your light attack starter combo, which is also pretty cool I guess.

Seth was a character who didn't actually seem that bad at all at first glance, but for every good thing he had, there was one glaring flaw. He has teleport crossups, but it's easy enough to hit him out of it, and they don't work too well anyways. He has orb projectile cover, but it's easy to break the orbs, and they are hard to use in a lot of matchups. He's fast, but has short reach. 

To top it off, He has poor health, and his damage doesn't really stand out to compensate. Overall, he's not terrible in theory, just underwhelming.

Then they went and improved like everything.

How bad was Seth before for him to improve so much?

his j.214A got buffed (On certain characters... landing his BnB's would be ridiculous in timing... and some of his routes wouldn't work properly so they buffed the hitbox)

He has a fastfall followup (tele-kick) that seems hard to react to

He has much better health now (He used to have 8.1k iirc)

His Force Function got better (FF Orb has it's own SMP (I think?)  so his orbs can stun twice I believe if the FF Orb hit first.)

His 623C has more range and his 5C has more range as well i believe

His B Command Grab got buffed (you can combo from it now.. and this seems to allow him to get oki off of most conversions now. Usually due to proration.. he couldn't do his typical 6C oki.)

Overall, he's much more solid than his UNiEL self. For what he could do in UNiEL, IMO his health wasn't justified which is why they buffed it. It could also be because of the addition of Cross-Cast Veil Off, the damae output is a bit higher.

Would you mind if I get a run down of Akatsuki changes?

I know that he was a struggle... I am wondering if ST changes any of that.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Would you mind if I get a run down of Akatsuki changes?

I know that he was a struggle... I am wondering if ST changes any of that.

Girl = Akatsuki

Sausages = buffs

4ai9hut.gif

so Phonon's 623C > CS > j.2 has to be some kinda weird proration glitch, right?

like i'm pretty sure it's not supposed to hit that hard

so Phonon's 623C > CS > j.2 has to be some kinda weird proration glitch, right?

like i'm pretty sure it's not supposed to hit that hard

Yeah looks like an unscaling glitch. Like Chaos' old 6C>IW

we made it, boys

pls not again

Come on, guys >__>

You know UNIst has the console version Training Mode. Same old tricks work as they did in UNIEL console version: set meter to "Infinite" and spam Gyre Vortex until you max the hit count.

In fact, Detty confirmed that was exactly what he did to create that picture.

Until now triggering cvo within the combo listed these numbers

Yuzuriha= 5700

Seth=5900

Carmine=6000

Orie=6000

Linne=6300

Phonon=6700

Hilda=6700

Akatsuki=6800

Hyde=7000