Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

Anyone here still playing this game? I'm trying to get back into it after a long break from fightan gaems and I want to do some work with Gordeau; he seems pretty cool

Yeah, although the forums aren't very active. There's facebook groups and Discord if you want to find players.

Official UNIst 2on2 tournament "Struggle Overture" has its finals tomorrow, but I don't really see many people talking about it...

Anyway, the tournament will be streamed here
https://www.twitch.tv/kagecchi

Last chance qualifier starts at 1 PM Japanese time and the actual tournament begins at 7 PM.

Already qualified teams include:

tumblr_o4m4uxRYFI1uxyjyco1_1280.png

(I hope the player names are correct. Tracking down some people using joke-and-reference-names is difficult... Still didn't find out who that Sawamura Eriri player actually is...)

EDIT: Shimazaki (CH) & Yuubari (WA) won the last chance qualifier.

Oh neat. I noticed something called Struggle Overture was happening from youtube vid names but I didn't know what it was about or that finals was tomorrow. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and listing all the players who qualified ^,^ 

Looks like there are some pretty strong teams. Damn. Notes and Senaru seems like a team that could go pretty far. Good to see Nishine and Hishigata qualified for the tourny. 

Amamiya Sora (OR) & Hasegawa Yume (NA) won the tournament.

Kamone announced at the end up the tournament that they've been working on the console version since UNIst came out in the arcades. They've been really busy drawing art and writing the story. Now they are preparing to officially announce everything.

Well, it's great to finally have news about a console release. I'm curious what they're going for with the story this time. 

That was a great tournament. Good showing by a lot of players. It's probably because I don't follow UNIST too closely I had no idea Hasegawa Yume's Nanase was that good. It's always amazing to watch Senaru as well. 

So they did end up making an announcement at the end of the tournament after all, huh? That is quite surprising to me... When they had the whole recruitment thing put up on Twitter, I had thought that they had been far too busy working on DFCI to get much of any work done on their UNI series. Cool to see that not being the case. :) If they are preparing to make the official announcement soon though, then the release is probably still a couple of months away. Still good to get some news.

Thank you for staying on top of this stuff Sourenga. Sharing the information like this is very much appreciated. :)

On 2016-03-26 at 9:43 AM, Sourenga said:

Amamiya Sora (OR) & Hasegawa Yume (NA) won the tournament.

Kamone announced at the end up the tournament that they've been working on the console version since UNIst came out in the arcades. They've been really busy drawing art and writing the story. Now they are preparing to officially announce everything.

Did I say anything about a new project, that has been something that I have been hearing for a while now.

11 hours ago, F. Wily said:

Did I say anything about a new project, that has been something that I have been hearing for a while now.

No comments about that.
Before the end of last year, Narita said that "Lately I've been plotting that during the year 2016, we'll release a proper console version of 'that game' and hopefully announce a newish arcade game."
The original comment clearly says that they aim to announce the new project within this year. The wording kind of suggests they probably won't release it this year, which again leads me to suspect that the announcement will be late this year. There have been some mistranslations which might suggest they plan to release both of them this year... but that unfortunately is not the case.

12 hours ago, jellyrajah said:

So can we expect a console release of the updated version of Uniel this year?

Nothing's mentioned or set in stone about UNIST, so there's no point asking unless an annoucement is made for that, however, the steam release of UNIEL is fourcoming right after Melty's release. All's to wait on a summer timeframe.

Has anyone heard -any- updates concerning UNIst's future, namely console release? My wallet is dying to purchase it already, and my hands are dying to play Phonon :/

59 minutes ago, MelodyEmeraldCross said:

Has anyone heard -any- updates concerning UNIst's future, namely console release? My wallet is dying to purchase it already, and my hands are dying to play Phonon :/

Nope, ever since playing UNIST over at Anime Ascention (Aksys sponsored tourney) myself, nothing, no updates, no console release, nada. Sorry. >.>

(But hey, you never know...)

That new char looks silly lol

Her gloves reminds me of Robo Ky mkII's Potemkin Buster

Still waiting for a PS4 announcement for this game. I need more UNIEL in my life >:

Finally some more Licht Kreis in the cast. Still a lot more to go.

The game has a super under-developed story, but it already established so many characters that I would love to see playable.

Did we learn anything about her playstyle? Is she a grappler?

1 hour ago, Steve-Fiction said:

Did we learn anything about her playstyle? Is she a grappler?

No, she doesn't seem to be a grappler. Famitsu highlights Mika's pure strength. These are the details written in the article:

Spoiler

She's like a bombshell! A close-range power fighter with strong arms!

SPECIAL 1: Mika-chan Missile - She tackles towards the opponent with the force of a cannonball. You can change the trajectory with additional inputs.
SPECIAL 2: Mika-chan Cannon - Grabs the opponent and blows them away with her heavy gauntlets.
SPECIAL 3: Mika-chan Tornado - Rushes towards the opponent while strongly spinning her arms. With an additional command, she continues to spin and leaps into midair.
EX SPECIAL: Mika-chan Hip Attack - Hip attack makes the opponent stagger, Mika picks them up with an uppercut and then finishes them with a combo. Additional damage can be dealt by pressing the buttons with a correct timing.
IW: Mika-chan Revolution - Leaps up in the air and then comes crashing down dealing high damage.
IWE: Mika-chan Galaxy - Grabs the opponent, throws them into midair and finishes the opponent with a body blow.