Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

27 minutes ago, Sourenga said:

No, she doesn't seem to be a grappler. Famitsu highlights Mika's pure strength. These are the details written in the article:

Hide contents

She's like a bombshell! A close-range power fighter with strong arms!

SPECIAL 1: Mika-chan Missile - She tackles towards the opponent with the force of a cannonball.
SPECIAL 2: Mika-chan Cannon - Grabs the opponent and blows them away with her heavy gauntlets.
SPECIAL 3: Mika-chan Tornado - Rushes towards the opponent while strongly spinning her arms. With an additional command, she continues to spin and leaps into midair.
EX SPECIAL: Mika-chan Hip Attack - Hip attack makes the opponent stagger, Mika picks them up with an uppercut and then finishes them with a combo. Additional damage can be dealt by pressing the buttons with a correct timing.
IW: Mika-chan Revolution - Leaps up in the air and then comes crashing down dealing high damage.
IWE: Mika-chan Galaxy - Grabs the opponent, throws them into midair and finishes the opponent with a body blow.

Awesome, thank you. I also like how you kept aaaall the hype of the article in that translation.

She sounds great so far. Looking forward to seeing matches with her.

Edited by Steve-Fiction

Was hoping for Erica Wagner.. But since she's coming to arcades first maybe there's hope for more characters for console.

Oh boy, they happened to pick the character I wanted to see playable the most. It's too bad that I already play two characters and don't intend to drop either. Maybe it's time to pick up a third one?..

Oh yea they did do that quick who do you want playable thing awhile back. Did they ever share the results of that

Can´t wait to play this on PS4, hope the add 3 - 5 chars. more for the console release.

12 hours ago, Sourenga said:

No, she doesn't seem to be a grappler. Famitsu highlights Mika's pure strength. These are the details written in the article:

Reveal hidden contents

She's like a bombshell! A close-range power fighter with strong arms!

SPECIAL 1: Mika-chan Missile - She tackles towards the opponent with the force of a cannonball. You can change the trajectory with additional inputs.
SPECIAL 2: Mika-chan Cannon - Grabs the opponent and blows them away with her heavy gauntlets.
SPECIAL 3: Mika-chan Tornado - Rushes towards the opponent while strongly spinning her arms. With an additional command, she continues to spin and leaps into midair.
EX SPECIAL: Mika-chan Hip Attack - Hip attack makes the opponent stagger, Mika picks them up with an uppercut and then finishes them with a combo. Additional damage can be dealt by pressing the buttons with a correct timing.
IW: Mika-chan Revolution - Leaps up in the air and then comes crashing down dealing high damage.
IWE: Mika-chan Galaxy - Grabs the opponent, throws them into midair and finishes the opponent with a body blow.

You could say Potemkin's highlight would be pure strength as well. Waldstein too. Mika-chan Cannon straight up says "grabs the opponent"
She doesn't look pure grappler, but I would bet she at least has one good command grab to make people nervous about downbacking too long.

I just hope her inputs aren't too rough.

Neat. 

I doubt French Bread wants to compete with BBCF this winter. Possible Spring/Summer 2017 console release?

12 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Any info on UNIB on Steam? I thought that was supposed to be summer 2016.

I think it was already released.

8 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

Nope, and we don't even have a release date.

Christ...

1 hour ago, GunBlazer said:

Christ...

I wouldn't be worried. They usually announce the game's release date right before it actually releases. IIRC, Xrd got announced for Steam like 2 days before it launched and Melty got a date about a week or 2 before it released. Summer doesn't officially start for 2 more weeks so I think we'll hear something some time soon. 

Yeah, don't worry about it, I can wait on UNIEL for steam whenever this summer, lol.

But anything on UNIST will be a long time waiting, lol.

I noticed before but I feared I could be wrong, so I watched some UNIST first, in case I just missed it, but... that playground stage is new, is it not?

l_574e8e13f37ad.jpg

46 minutes ago, Steve-Fiction said:

New Screenshots and, hopefully, Information? I don't speak Japanese, so... 

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201606/14107864.html

Arcade update seems to be near(?).

Some info about Mika.

Some addition to training mode.

Platinum Mika. Can't tell Hyde's new color.

Arcade plates.

Platinum Mika looks great. I like how it is not just a pallette swap, but also adds some clothing. I believe they did that with Phonon too, her different colors changing her leggings into socks and stuff. Awesome.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/portal/post-1826/

(My Japanese do leave a bit to be desired, so feel free to correct me if anything seem greatly "out of place".)

Location tests for the new arcade update has been announced, starting on the 15th of June and will be going on for a week. For anyone more capable at translation, feel free to translate the location names if you feel that it is of interest.

「セガ秋葉原1号館」

「セガ池袋GiGO」

「クラブ セガ 新宿西口」

The location test manual can be found on the link below.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/unist/chara/images/uni_command310.pdf

Since I don't see it here, some stuff Sourenga tweeted out about the rebalancing

" So, they've readjusted GRD and TS gauges, so that the GRD gained from other actions than comboing becomes more important " - Tweet

" And the conditions and the damage of CrossCast Veil Off have also been adjusted, so there will be enough "mind game" during a match " - Tweet

"There won't be any nerfs for the character's specials. Changes will be done to add distinctiveness and increase things you can do." - Tweet

Yeah, and here's Mika's commands. Only other change in commands I see is that Hilda has a new command normal (5B>B).