12 Vatista

13 Carmine

14 Merkava

15 Orie

16 Yuzuriha

17 Phonon

18 Mika

19 Enkidu

EDIT: But, if there is a 20th character and this is meant to mislead, i'd hope it was Erika too. Plus, I hate odd numbers, so i'd want the select screen to be even.

I am totally stupid. I totally forgot to count Akatsuki and Eltnum. Wup.

But yes. Odd character roster sizes aren't pretty, so hopefully there is a 20th, and if this Amazon description is true, then we'll definitely get a 20th.

3 hours ago, Kikirin said:

Erika Wagner! 

Sweet! I want to know how she plays. The only thing better now would be a localization announcement from Aksys.

1 hour ago, tokin fuyou said:

Sweet! I want to know how she plays. The only thing better now would be a localization announcement from Aksys.

It's pretty much confirmed. They had a playable build of UNIST at a tournament they hosted a while ago.

1 hour ago, Oniros said:

It's pretty much confirmed. They had a playable build of UNIST at a tournament they hosted a while ago.

That was at last years Anime Ascension, which only had Phonon in the build, but yeah, since Aksys works closely with ASW titles most of the time, its already a given. Its just a matter of of when.

But if you mean lately, then well...hmm...

I just don't want to assume anything until there is an official announcement, no matter how high the odds may seem. I like to be cautious yet optimistic with these kinds of things.

I keep thinking of Dengeki Bunko and its Ignition version that never came over here for some reason, as well as Phantom Breaker: Extra. I know those were different cases, but they taught me not to get my hopes up too much.

4 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/26/night-birth-exelatest-gets-hot-details-screens-new-character-wagner/

Erika sounds really cool actually. I was hoping she'd get in after Enkidu, looks like she'll be a fun new addition.

She's one of the characters I really wanted to see so I'm excited to try her out. Her DP move looks like it also hits behind her; looks strong.

UNIST Console Opening, looks very damn crisp, lol.

Be aware at the moment, no localization has yet to be annouced, but if like UNIEL, then UNIST will be too eventually. Also, PS4 version comes in physical/digital, while PS3/Vita will be digital only, so...make your purchase wisely when you guys are willing to import or head off to the JP/Asia region PS Stores. Or, if possible, wait for the (possible) English release.

Whew, ARC is going to have to step their game up when it comes to Combo Challenges.

Also Wagner seems like a pretty cool dude so far, it's odd having some many options and being able to just chain into whatever. I can't tell if UNiB was always like this or if I'm just remembering Yuzuriha being far more stiff (in her routes) than she actually was.

Probably late to the party, but:

Wagner mechanic notes:

22+X__________

22+A will enhance your sword, granting a small damage buff to 66+B/C, 236+A/B (ground or air) and its follow-up. The important note here is that you also gain the ability to attack (cannot block, Assault, or Shield) immediately after doing an enhanced 236+A/B (ground or air) follow-up, where the normal version prevents you from doing anything until you land; this will open up new combo opportunities.

22+B enhances your shield which will give 214+A/B and B+C start-up super armor, which can take multiple hits but will lose to attacks still active during their own active/later frames (when super armor is lost). 214+A/B also gains projectile invulnerability (note: B+C by default nullifies projectiles, you can even Special/EX cancel after nullifying a projectile!) and 214+B is even made safe on block.

22+C will enhance both your sword and shield at the same time and even has an added hitbox (note: NOT invulnerable) and also has an interesting quirk; if you already have either your sword or shield enhanced before activating you will get both buffed, but if both are already enhanced before doing this move you will lose both but the hitbox receives a damage boost and (so long as you remain within close proximity to the opponent) applies damage of over time if it hits, which lasts for about roughly 600 frames or until you are hit (cannot K.O. and still not invulnerable).

Also the buff from 22+X has no time based duration, the only way to lose it is to either use the enhanced special associated with it (A = ground or air 236+A/B > X. B = B+C or 214+A/B) or if you get hit. Another interesting note, if you have both buffs on at the same time, when you are hit, you will only lose 1, with the 2nd buff going first, UNLESS you gained both buffs from 22+C, then you will always lose shield buff first (note: you can circumvent this by reapplying the A buff after the C buff, but really, if you have time to do that . . .)

7 hours ago, SolxBaiken said:

22+C will enhance both your sword and shield at the same time and even has an added hitbox (note: NOT invulnerable) and also has an interesting quirk; if you already have either your sword or shield enhanced before activating you will get both buffed, but if both are already enhanced before doing this move you will actually LOSE both and waste meter for nothing.

it's not for nothing

if you land 22c with your sword and shield both buffed, it consumes those buffs and applies a burning DoT that does like 1400 (or something, pretty sure it's like 1k+) across its duration

3 hours ago, drugtown said:

it's not for nothing

if you land 22c with your sword and shield both buffed, it consumes those buffs and applies a burning DoT that does like 1400 (or something, pretty sure it's like 1k+) across its duration

Noted and changed my original post, health regen prevented me from noticing the supplemental damage ' x'

However it comes with a fair wealth of risk since you need the hitbox (which still doesn't gain any invulerability) to hit, you still need to apply both buffs before hand, you lose the wealth of options the buffs provide, and the fact that the DOT is dependent on your proximity to the opponent (the further away you get, the weaker the effect, and the maximum range is less than half of starting neutral).

But it does look like you are safe enough to reapply a buff after it hits, so maybe . . . *grin*

Wagner's functions are so cool to play with, too bad I'll know I'll get wrecked since I have negative neutral lul #netplayer

Any timing tips on the jump cancel to IC C in Phonon's 3-1 challenge?  If I start holding C immediately after the jump, the attack doesn't come out... if I delay, most of the time they recover before it comes out.

Sorry if I shouldn't ask in here, but there's no Phonon specific section...

Now that the console version is out and there's two new characters has there been any word on a tier list? All I've seen is some outdated stuff from 2015

Well, for anyone that cares of waiting for the English release of UNIST to come out. It seems its going to be moved further than its "Late 2017" timeframe into now February 9th, 2018 in both NA/EU regions. At least there's a solid date, but yeah, the wait will be excruciating.

And yes, inb4 the game is sandwiched (or DOA'd [on arrival]) with other releases like DBFZ (which technically, is 2 weeks within each other) which would probably make overseas UNIST a blip on the radar. But still getting it regardless.