Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

I don't have the game, so no online for me. I only get to experience what I see from the local scene ( and there are a lot of *ahem* "tier whores" locally) plus what I can find on YT. A lot of characters look pretty cool, and I want to at least try.

They never owned it to begin with. It has always been the property of Type-Moon; French-Bread were just the ones who developed it for them, like how Arc System Works developed P4U for Atlus. This is the whole reason they've only updated Actress Again rather than make a new game after the PS2 port, as TM doesn't wanna do anything else with it until the Tsukihime remake gets released. The problem is just that they're rather infamous for their delays...

Not quite the same, since Melty started as a doujin game and the versions before Act Cadenza were never retroactively made official. The game was essentially already made before Type-Moon decided to license it.

I don't think the dearth of Tsukihime content has much to do with Melty's hiatus - Melty has been considered a completely separate franchise for a long time now, even with the majority of its cast being shared. Got its own manga storyline and everything. You could perhaps think of it as being to Tsukihime what King of Fighters is to Art of Fighting.

MB started as a doujin game because both TM and FB were doujin companies at the time. But Nasu and Takeuchi themselves have talked about when the series started, and it's clear that they were the ones who thought to pitch a fighting game spinoff. It has never not been owned by them.

And the Tsukihime remake not being out has been explicitly cited as the reason for no new MB content since Current Code. I forget who, but someone at TM said that they're not going to have any new games made since it's not entirely clear how much the canon will change with the remake.

They have basically showed Typemoon staff guilty gear story mode style, of a blend between fighting game and visual novel, and get the approval from them.

Nasu had writed every line of story mode of all versions. Mb, react, act cadenza and actress again (the reason why it never will receive official translation).

Typemoon had the decision too in the choice of voice actors since the first mb, all of them are the official ones (used later on in the animes).

What people confuse as "making official" is just that french bread wasn't know as french bread at the time, but Watanabe Seisakujo, and Typemoon going full comercial 2 years after the 1st melty. Those 2 transitions happened by the same time as react came out, no?

Typemoon had the decision too in the choice of voice actors since the first mb, all of them are the official ones (used later on in the animes).

Didn't stop them from changing multiple times :v:

This game needs a sequel. I hope the next announcement is related to that.

Also make mah Hilda a bit stronger. That would make me very happy. And fuck Gordeau, i hate zoning that piece of sh*t all the time worrying about random GURIMU RIPAH

oh, and last page was talking about balance. this game is definitely one of the best of all time in terms of balance IMO, and it's the best current gen game. top 3 placements were eltnum, hyde, and carmine. don't think merk/wald was in top 8, there was i think one gord.

https://twitter.com/lisa_rec/status/596712985592274945

Update (like a patch) and new song, apparently?

Well, I'm not sure if you guys saw but some guy went through the files via hex editing awhile back and found 2 unused character slots and he tweeted a screenshot of it. Likely someone probably shared it on GameFAQs too. Maybe the 2 new slots were left for the update?

I'm so glad this game is getting an update via patch.

What are some changes we all want? Aside from the obvious nerf Gordeau/buff bottom three.

In general, more systems and mechanics to spend meter is definitely something I'd like to see. More uses to GRD rather than just "free meter" too... Some way to not make Air Shield utterly useless... And the usual like new moves, combos, character tweaks and improvement.

The system mechanics are fine, I believe. The only thing that might need a buff is Guard Thrust, as it feels too expensive most of the time. As for the character changes, the balance tweaks are obvious, but I'd also like them to give something to Orie so she doesn't feel so bland.

hilda needs a metered dp like i-no's longing desperation 

If you have 100 Meter, you already have a reversal in Veil-Off. Getting in on Hilda is already enough of a hassle, she doesn't need even more options for getting people off her.

Longing Desperation is a move that goes entirely against UNIEL's design philosophy. No one should have a move like that.

*prays that if they do some nerfing, they don't nerf her main too much*

I definitely see a sequel in the horizon.

If you have 100 Meter, you already have a reversal in Veil-Off. Getting in on Hilda is already enough of a hassle, she doesn't need even more options for getting people off her.

Longing Desperation is a move that goes entirely against UNIEL's design philosophy. No one should have a move like that.

gord 623+b, 236+c 

god, i hope that fucker gets crippled with the nerf hammer 

Gordeau's 623B is not a reversal, it has no invuln and 9 frames startup.

If you want a 9 frame startup super move with no invuln, sure, have it. :P