Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

- New character: Phonon/Fonon/etc. (ie: Chemeti renamed)

It probably is spelled as Phonon because her image is called "c_phonon.png". For comparison, on the same page Nanase's and Byakuya's images are respectively called "c_nanase.png" and "c_byakuya.png".

if there's a new character, does that make an entirely new console release more likely than a patch? Dx

It probably is spelled as Phonon because her image is called "c_phonon.png". For comparison, on the same page Nanase's and Byakuya's images are respectively called "c_nanase.png" and "c_byakuya.png".

Edited. Thanks for that, haha.

if there's a new character, does that make an entirely new console release more likely than a patch? Dx

While I'd buy a new console release in a heartbeat, I'm hoping they release it as a patch so that the playerbase doesn't get fractured. Also because I don't trust them to release a new disc copy in any sort of timely fashion at the moment.

I'd be completely okay with them making Phonon into a DLC character or something. Hm.

Even a paid patch would probably be faster than a new disc release.

Good shit, curious to see where they're gonna go with the balance changes.

Nanase buffs pls

In light of this set of images, perhaps they aren't mockups and they're really changing the portraits, health bars, fonts, and vorpal timers? I really hope the last one isn't changing. xD

Still going to just assume it's mock-up/pre-release work anyway. Can't take much from it yet.

Phonon's whip is hilariously long, though.

One thing to note is that ArcSys has now officially joined as co-developer for this new version. That's kinda frightening, really. But it also means a console version is reasonably likely.

One thing to note is that ArcSys has now officially joined as co-developer for this new version. That's kinda frightening, really. But it also means a console version is reasonably likely.

...so $8 Phonon almost confirmed?

It seems like it was only yesterday when French Bread announced that they're looking for artists for a new HD 2D fighting game with "let's defeat the hateful BlazBlue" as their goal in mind.

Fast forward to summer 2014 when ArcSys has helped port UNIEL to PS3 and now they're a co-developer now? What happened to the hate? :toot: 

Ah, yeah, didn't know that. Not sure how behind that I am, haha, but I'm under the impression that they've been working/discussing/etc. with FB on this since pretty early on in a less direct fashion so hopefully it's not going to impact much.

Good to hear for the potential future of a console release, though. Hopefully it'll make the console jump in some form at a decent speed.

ASW and FB have been buddy-buddy for a while now, since at least UNIB development started.

Not sure if ASW are actually helping with development or they're acting as a publisher.

On a somewhat unrelated sidenote, if they do have a new console release, I really hope they offer rainbow Gordeau and all the other April Fool's things as unlockables or DLC. I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

ASW and FB have been buddy-buddy for a while now, since at least UNIB development started.

Not sure if ASW are actually helping with development or they're acting as a publisher.

Yeah, actually I'm not sure any more either. In the news articles they describe it as "French Bread and Arc System Works coming once again together as a tag to bring a new fighting game in development". On one hand that's almost exactly how P4U2 was described (just replace French Bread with Atlus), and both P4U and P4U2 definitely had people from Atlus working as part of the dev team even if it was still mostly ArcSys. On the other hand, it could very well just be a publisher/developer thing since Ecole is apparently out of the picture.

Phonon's whip is hilariously long, though.

Which is nothing to write home about in UNI.

Merk's not gonna die is he guys : (

How would you even try to nerf him without removing him from the game?

On a somewhat unrelated sidenote, if they do have a new console release, I really hope they offer rainbow Gordeau and all the other April Fool's things as unlockables or DLC. I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

As much as I'd love an Ikaruga skin for Yuzu, I'm not sure the copyright would allow it.

Phonon's playstyle sounds like a mix of Merkava and Eltnum, I wonder what makes her stand out.

Wow, this chick screams boss. Dat whip tho. Something about characters with heels and a whip always gave me a slight bit of trepidation...

Thoughts on balance:

Merkava needs nerfs, but they need to be careful about it too.

Akatsuki, Seth, and Chaos just need blanket buffs.

Gordeau probably needs more nerfs than Merkava.

Thoughts on characters:

Phonon looks cool, i'll probably give her a fair chance.

Since this is just first location test, I have to wonder if we'll get more characters later, or if this will be like an Arcana Heart extension where 1 additional character is fine.

Thoughts on balance:

Akatsuki, Seth, and Chaos just need blanket buffs.

Dunno man. A friend of mine IS really strong with him. His mixup potential is insane for this game. They've to be really careful buffing him. He doing fine against the current cast, except the 3 gods.

Well there HAS to be at least 1 more male character for their valued gender balance.

Dunno man. A friend of mine IS really strong with him. His mixup potential is insane for this game. They've to be really careful buffing him. He doing fine against the current cast, except the 3 gods.

Well there HAS to be at least 1 more male character for their valued gender balance.

You quoted something where I mentioned 3 guys and just said "him". Which one?

So this new girl is a Tales of the Abyss fan...I can dig.

I hope she whips the balance of this game into shape finally, it's about time!

I sure wasn't expecting to see Chemeti back... Maybe Mercedes also has chance of returning now...
Apparently the game's name is officially shortened as "UNIst" (uniest)
And it seems that no one has translated any detailed info... Oh well, here we go. 

"Extremespeed Guillotine" whose admiration wanders into the paranormality

Phonon
Height: 157 cm
Weight: 45 kg (78/57/82)
Birthday: August 5th
Bloodtype: AB
Ability: The EXS of Whipping Sounds, "Baroque Noise"
Weapon: Meunière (Whip)
Affiliation: None
Voice: Saori Oonishi

"I awakened into this power a manga protagonist could have. It would be such a waste not to use it in a cool way."

STORY:
Admiring the abilities and wanting to freely use her own ability, she leaves a strictly disciplined student vigilante group, "EFG". 
This sensitive girl is common in these days. She has grown bored of her peaceful life as a student and kept searching for her "true self" for a long time.

She keeps thinking that her powers as a "Fake Born" was what finding her true self meant. She walks under the night thinking that her powers should be used on other people. But people rumor that within the people who wander under the night, there's someone who takes a form of your "false self" from the time before you awakened as your "true self"...

FIGHTING STYLE:
Phonon fights with a whip in her hand. Whip attacks have a lot of reach: she can overwhelm the opponent from far away or drag the opponent close to her and then beat them. There are many sadistic way to get offensive...

Also, a flexible whip has excellent ways to react to opponent's moves. She has a lot of potential to intercept the opponent's moves.
Whip can freely change form whether you're on offensive or not. If you imagine how Eltnum does her Etherite Air move, there's a lot to look forward from this character.

The optimist in me is really looking forward to some direly needed Nanase buffs, along with the proper adjustments to the rest of the low/bottom tiers.

The pessimist in me remembers that Terumi went from low tier to bottom tier last BB update, and I should keep my hopes in check.