Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

v65aDXY.jpg

Q&A Thread!
This is our Question and Answer thread! If you have any questions about the game feel free to ask them in this thread, we'll do our best to answer them!

DO NOT DISCUSS GAME SHARING

I don't think I understood that golden throw thing.

You can throw during block stun but it is easy to tech on reaction and you get put into a situation where you are -8 because they teched your throw.

And there is no TRM i'm assuming so why would it be useful doing this? I don't get it.

I don't think I understood that golden throw thing.

You can throw during block stun but it is easy to tech on reaction and you get put into a situation where you are -8 because they teched your throw.

And there is no TRM i'm assuming so why would it be useful doing this? I don't get it.

If you grab people while they're shielding, you break their GRD meter. And I'm pretty sure every game, at least those with two button throws, has TRM, since you could mash out of throws otherwise.

If you grab people while they're shielding, you break their GRD meter.

This. It seemed like gold throws couldn't be teched if the defender was shielding.

If you grab people while they're shielding, you break their GRD meter. And I'm pretty sure every game, at least those with two button throws, has TRM, since you could mash out of throws otherwise.

This is completely false.

I forgot; will the game be rebalanced for the console version or not. I'm sure it isn't but wanted to make sure.

French Bread has confirmed the system is identical to the current arcade version (and I suspect this even comes down to Waldstein's infinite -- I don't think anyone tested it at Evo).

This game doesn't have TRM, but if you land a CH grab, it's untechable, even if they still have throw protection. So you'll see both the gold and red throw effect and the throw is guaranteed. Same deal if they're shielding during blockstun -- and if they're mashing on throw tech in blockstun, you're going to get a shield.

This is completely false.

Could you perhaps explain? You can mash throw to escape in other games? My bad, didn't know that, I just usually do it on prediction.

Could you perhaps explain? You can mash throw to escape in other games? My bad, didn't know that, I just usually do it on prediction.

Yes, you can mash throw in order to tech a grab in a lot of games. This is why frame traps exist, to blow up people mashing tech. UNiEL has shield that puts you in a state where you can't grab tech, but it also has a crouch tech OS.

Yes, you can mash throw in order to tech a grab in a lot of games. This is why frame traps exist, to blow up people mashing tech. UNiEL has shield that puts you in a state where you can't be grabbed, but it also has a crouch tech OS.

According to the following you can't input throw tech while shielding. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21fg7l_uniel-beginners-workshop_videogames&start=1947

Yeah, you can't throw while shielding. So if you use shield, even if it's a gold throw, you'll get GRD broken. You basically just want to think of shield as a more committal form of guard and treat someone slipping past it as if they just landed a counter hit on you.

And it's true, you can mash throw in most games. You wouldn't even really need TRM in BB either were it not for the Barrier/Throw Tech OS. Problem with spamming throw/throw tech OS is that some sort of animation comes out (whether it be the throw animation or an attack, like low short in SFIV), so mashing it isn't safe.

So can Vatista ALWAYS tech grabs since she can never be counter hit?

Vatista can be counter hit, but what happens is that you don't get the properties of a counter hit. So, no extra hit stun and no OTG.

I don't think it applies to throws.

The PS3 port gonna get a rebalance update or something or would be a straight port to the actual version of the Arcade?

So do we have a Skype group devoted to UNIEL or specific characters? Group discussions are important and communication through the forums are not as fast as instant messages. I'm reading the guides like they're a bible but reading won't do a whole lot without practice or recommendations from anyone.

So do we have a Skype group devoted to UNIEL or specific characters? Group discussions are important and communication through the forums are not as fast as instant messages. I'm reading the guides like they're a bible but reading won't do a whole lot without practice or recommendations from anyone.

Not that I know of yet, but I'm a fan of character centered Skype groups too. They could easily be started/handled in each character's thread I imagine.

Guys, is there a character that plays somewhat similarly to Kohaku (Act Cadenza)? I didn't really see any but then again I haven't played the game so it's hard to tell from just videos.

Guys, is there a character that plays somewhat similarly to Kohaku (Act Cadenza)? I didn't really see any but then again I haven't played the game so it's hard to tell from just videos.

It depends, what do you like from Kohaku?

I do plan on getting this game, but I'm in a bit of a bind.  I have a thing about not using evil characters, but my top two choices (Hilda and Byakuya) seem to be so.  I use Testament, Rachel, Yukiko, and Dorothy, so I really enjoy zoning with an emphasis on traps, oki, and setups.  Is there another choice I have or is this a case where I'd have to suck it up or not play the game at all?