Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

If you get grid broken for blocking a move wrong, and most (all?) ground moves are air unblockable, does that mean if you attempt to do an air shield guard expecting your opponent to also jump and do an air normal, you are guaranteed to have your GRD broken on contact?

Yeah you get guard broken for air shielding a ground normal.  For the most part air shielding seems more like a response when you read a assault/jump happy opponent then something you always do when you leave the ground (BB Barrier).

Also I agree that anime games don't particularly have better matchups than SF/other games.  At low/mid level of either game sure anyone can win.  At high level its as bad as anything in SF (sometimes worse) Liz v Mits or Tager v Nu for example.

I am a tournament player so the tiers do concern me.  From Famitsu:

S Gordeau, Merkava, Waldstein

A Eltnum

B Carmine, Vatista, Yuzuriha, Linne, Orie

C Seth, Hyde, Chaos, Akatsuki, Hilda

We have subs for the same reasons in both "Anime" and...ok pretty much any fighting game, either because they're fun, or to cover a bad matchup, usually both.

Some live through the struggle, but a lot at least have one sub for certain reasons, in serious tournament play I won't pick Terumi unless it's a matchup like rachel.

Back on topic, Waldstein's moves seem to be effing enormous, are the hitboxes on those really deceptive and actually not that big? Because if he controls THAT much space than i'm terrified.

Dont take it to seriously. I didn't mean to generalize all "anime fighters" that exist, I just meant to give him a general idea. And generally, this is true. Play a low tier capcom character against a hightier character, and then do the same with BB/GG/P4A and your experience will be MUCH  better. Thats all I am saying. I never meant to imply that all characters and all games are even, of course thats far from the truth.

BBCT's Tager, Hakumen, Bang say hi :v:

Putting a character who sees tournament play after a character who doesn't is just silly. Though to be honest, that list seems rather accurate outside of Hilda.

btw for people looking for good matches, as a general rule think of 1.7+ mil RIP as 650-700~ psr and 2mil+ RIP as 750-800 psr. anything below that, its not really worth watching imo, there aren't that many god players in UNIEL atm

I am a tournament player so the tiers do concern me.  From Famitsu:

S Gordeau, Merkava, Waldstein

A Eltnum

B Carmine, Vatista, Yuzuriha, Linne, Orie

C Seth, Hyde, Chaos, Akatsuki, Hilda

Woah Hyde's really that low? Damn I'm surprised. Did they nerd him that much from first version or was I just not paying attention X_X

The update in the system did not favor him. In the previous version he could do 9k with double IW combos. There were also changes in Assault, but I'm not too sure about that. Basically he got down once he lost the ability to score super high damage combos.

In the previous version he could do 9k with double IW combos.

This right here is why I lost pretty much all interest in Hyde, no more #schwag ass chombos ; -;

Hilda is a girl btw...

Yeah . . . and?

I don't think things are out of hand in the thread, but if you guys want to have extended discussions about this stuff please do migrate to the gameplay discussion thread.

What are each character's Force Functions? There doesn't seem to be a complete list of them anywhere, and it seems like important enough information that it ought to be compiled.

What are each character's Force Functions? There doesn't seem to be a complete list of them anywhere, and it seems like important enough information that it ought to be compiled.

They're listed in each character's page here; http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Move_Sets

Byakuya's is an Overhead.

You can find them in the in-birth wiki, under each respective player's gameplay section. 

http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Under_Night_In-Birth_Wiki

If you want more detailed information, that'll only be after the game releases, but I hope that helps.

LordSpectre beat me to it. Feel free to delete my post.

Edited by Sojoro

Again, a line from the wiki:

Counter also makes it possible to pick downed opponent's for even longer combos.

I assume that it means that you can't actually hit the opponent OTG (or continue it into a combo). However, I've seen those combos performed on Vatista all the time, and she's supposed to be immune to counter-hits. Does that mean that this info is outdated, or there are some other OTG cases that counter-hit makes possible?

One question, what happened to Fillia from skullgirls? i remember how they were planning to make her the new "guest" playable character, joining Sion and Akatsuki, the developers even made this pic:

unib_filia.jpg

Not to mention how recently we got more recent proof that both developers are "friendly· with each other when in the most recent skullgirls game they actually put Yuzuriha in one of the stages:

UnLEdEV.png

but....it´s been a while now, i haven´t heard more news about Fillia and the game is being released soon, anyone knowns if she was she cancelled or are they still planning to include her?

There was never an official announcement that Fillia would be in the game. That image was basically just a present for the Skullgirls staff.

Yeah, Skullgirls also came out in Japanese arcades recently, which is what the "Waiting at the Arcade in Japan!" message was for. No idea if people are actually playing it.

Yeah, Skullgirls also came out in Japanese arcades recently

No it hasn't lol

Not to get [any further than we already are] off topic, but the arcade version has yet to be released, if I recall correctly they are waiting for the current DLC characters to be done.

No it hasn't lol

Not to get [any further than we already are] off topic, but the arcade version has yet to be released, if I recall correctly they are waiting for the current DLC characters to be done.

Oh yeah, you're right; I'm stupid. I was thinking of the JP PSN release.

Yea. If your in Vorpal state you can use Guard Trust at the cost of your Vorpal only. But if your not in Vorpal Guard Thrust costs 100 EXS and puts you into GRD Break

I want to add upon this. Looks look we were mistaken. When not in Vorpal Guard Thrust will cost all of your EXS if your over 100. And will still result in GRD Break. In short if you have over 100 and use it when not in Vorpal, your EXS will drop to 0 no matter how high it was

Now I understand why you almost never see it in matches. All this time I thought it only cost 100 and resulted in GRD Break

I want to add upon this. Looks look we were mistaken. When not in Vorpal Guard Thrust will cost all of your EXS if your over 100. And will still result in GRD Break. In short if you have over 100 and use it when not in Vorpal, your EXS will drop to 0 no matter how high it was

Now I understand why you almost never see it in matches. All this time I thought it only cost 100 and resulted in GRD Break

I'm not even really sure why you'd really ever use it compared to Veil Off, from what I can tell, it's superior to non-Vorpal Guard Thrust in every aspect.