Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

I think the problem is that you need to use a Japanese address to access the Japanese PSN store, causing the billing address problem. On other sites, you usually don't need to use a fake address to shop there.

I think it really depends, Some people have luck using Foreign cards, While some don't.

If you need a Personal JP address then use Tenso.

But nothing more then that can help you.

Weird everytime i tired to do that with my Visa on JP PSN i never could get it to work which is why i just import the game from Play Asia with Fedex Shipping (i can wait). That way i can have a physical copy and still enjoy day 1 videos from people at twitch. 

I think the problem is that you need to use a Japanese address to access the Japanese PSN store, causing the billing address problem. On other sites, you usually don't need to use a fake address to shop there.

Well, I'll try to fill my wallet to 6,000 yen tomorrow night, if it works I'll let you all know. If not, Play-Asia for me :P

Why is it UNIEL and not UNIBEL?

Because In-Birth is pronounced In-Verse and counts as one word, so it woudln't make much sense otherwise... I guess.

yes, Yes, YES!

This has been confirmed for MONTHS, since announcement; 5.8k yen for the digital release

It was an innocent enough of a question, don't be rude about it.

Because UNIBEL just sounds silly.

And in Japan they commonly use UNI as the acronym for the game as i assume they see In-Birth as one word, so thats where UNIEL comes from

I'm actually kind of curious if In-Birth is just an Engrish'd 'inverse.'

I watched the beginner workshop and read the wiki but I'm still confused about using shield. The beginner workshop video showed the Wald blockstring being shielded. As in dash B was shielded and then Hyde interrupts with dp before Wald's second hit. Is shield effective for 1 hit only?

Also, regarding the input of shield, I know that if you are in blockstun and press D you get the green pushblock. Does that mean that using shield is primarily a read based mechanic during the holes in the opponent's offence? I've noticed in videos that people don't shield as often as I expected. Is shield just not that important besides punishing predictable blockstrings / jump ins?      

I watched the beginner workshop and read the wiki but I'm still confused about using shield. The beginner workshop video showed the Wald blockstring being shielded. As in dash B was shielded and then Hyde interrupts with dp before Wald's second hit. Is shield effective for 1 hit only?

Also, regarding the input of shield, I know that if you are in blockstun and press D you get the green pushblock. Does that mean that using shield is primarily a read based mechanic during the holes in the opponent's offence? I've noticed in videos that people don't shield as often as I expected. Is shield just not that important besides punishing predictable blockstrings / jump ins?      

Shield is very effective but also very risky. Getting thrown or blocking the wrong way during it gets you GRD broken, which is pretty bad news http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/System#GRD_Break_.28GRD_.E3.83.96.E3.83.AC.E3.82.A4.E3.82.AF.29

What i want to know about shield is when you shield, is it not possible to switch your block for some duration of time?

I know that there is no 'recovery' on shield in the sense that you can't block, but not sure whether there is recovery from switching your block.

I watched some videos, and I think I'm gonna pick up the game. But a lot of characters seem to match the ones I generally choose. Knowing that I like agressive or annoying characters with a strong pressure or oki / mix-up game (I don't mind zoner, rushdown or more footsies oriented, and I prefer speed over strength), which UNIEL character should I look for ?

Here are the characters that I play / like the most :

GGXX : Testament, Millia, Eddie

BBCP : Rachel, Jin, Valkenhayn

P4A : Mitsuru, Yukiko, Aigis

Thanks !

My advice is that you should try the characters and see who fits your style.

The majority of us have not played the game yet, so any character that we say will be only based on what we see on the videos.

Your examples are quite different from game to game, which imo, will lead to name the majority of the cast as possible candidates.

I watched some videos, and I think I'm gonna pick up the game. But a lot of characters seem to match the ones I generally choose. Knowing that I like agressive or annoying characters with a strong pressure or oki / mix-up game (I don't mind zoner, rushdown or more footsies oriented, and I prefer speed over strength), which UNIEL character should I look for ?

Here are the characters that I play / like the most :

GGXX : Testament, Millia, Eddie

BBCP : Rachel, Jin, Valkenhayn

P4A : Mitsuru, Yukiko, Aigis

Thanks !

As a Millia/Valk/Aigis player I plan on trying Seth since he fits the bill for the game's high mobility mixup/okizeme based character, so you might wanna try him as well. Linne might also be an option for you as well.

You might also like Byakuya since he has traps like Testament and Rachel. You won't know who you really like until you try out everyone though.

Since I play Yosuke and Terumi which UNIEL character do you think is better for me?

I you play Yosuke, I am going to say Seth since they're both speedy characters and are generally good in mix-ups. I don't know too much on Terumi to gauge your choices. I'll just go along with what Hecatom said and just try out the game first. I play Elizabeth in P4A, but I'm going to use Gordeau. There's like no correlation there, so yea ... 

The problem is that the green pushblock (Guard Shield) costs a flat 10 meter every time you do it, while the regular Shield just drains your meter slowly when you hold it (in fact you effectively steal GRD from your opponent every time you successfully shield). Just gotta watch out for what ShardZ said about blocking the wrong way or getting thrown. In fact, you can't tech throws while shielding, so that's guaranteed damage+GRD break!

EDIT: Made a mistake.

Edited by Triplicity

Where do you guys buy your japanese psn cards ?

nippon-yasan.com

Kind of random, but how does UNIEL do in terms of Arcade revenue/presence in japan? Doesn't Arcadia magazine have a monthly list for this sort of thing? Is it online anywhere?

Kind of random, but how does UNIEL do in terms of Arcade revenue/presence in japan? Doesn't Arcadia magazine have a monthly list for this sort of thing? Is it online anywhere?

UNIEL its one of the most played games in the Arcades after all ASW games, iirc.

So does anyone have the exact price that the game will be available on the digital store?  Wanted to not over-buy on the yen