Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

Well, I caved and grabbed UNIEL off play-asia with 13$ 3-5 day shipping, so this game better have a scene. :arg: I just hope by the time I get it everyone online won't be gods, a la BBCP.

Well, I caved and grabbed UNIEL off play-asia with 13$ 3-5 day shipping, so this game better have a scene.  :arg: I just hope by the time I get it everyone online won't be gods, a la BBCP.

haha alright i did the same thing with the same shipping plan hope we get it in 3 days and not 5. Also i'm sure there will be a pretty decent community or scene for it the hype pretty high for it.

Fanservice . . . sigh.

Forbid the game is actually fun, fanservice can only go a long ways but doesn't make or break it for a game to be played over others. 

Well with Degenki bunko while I love the concept of the game and looks fun to play. Just due the characters in the game is why I can see this game gets played much more then others.

I mean it has Taiga and Asuka.

Who doesn't like them?

Heck even my Fight stick has Taiga on it.

Regardless I feel like UNIEL will still have a good following behind it more then AH3LM.

And with a NA release coming out 2015 I could possibly seeing UNIEL getting more popular during that time.

I personally know my local FGC is excited for me to bring UNIEL to are Tournament on Sat.

Let's not get too far away from keeping this thread a Q&A thread.

If you wanna talk about Kirino Punching Climax and how you don't like fan-service please take it to the appropriate thread.

Would still like to have this cleared up:

Again, a line from the wiki:

"Counter also makes it possible to pick downed opponent's for even longer combos."

I assume that it means that you can't actually hit the opponent OTG (or continue it into a combo). However, I've seen those combos performed on Vatista all the time, and she's supposed to be immune to counter-hits. Does that mean that this info is outdated, or there are some other OTG cases that counter-hit makes possible?

Would still like to have this cleared up:

You could just like...wait 12 hours and someone can give you a tried and tested answer. 

You could just like...wait 12 hours and someone can give you a tried and tested answer. 

I reposted it exactly so people who get their game could see the question and answer it without digging through six pages of questions that are already answered.

So are the majority of us going to be playing in lobbies or are you guys going to grind out ranked mode. This is my first fg import along side Dustloop so I don't know where to go after messing around in training mode lol. 

So are the majority of us going to be playing in lobbies or are you guys going to grind out ranked mode. This is my first fg import along side Dustloop so I don't know where to go after messing around in training mode lol. 

Haha good to see you here man, yea when BBCP first dropped rank and lobby's were both kinda well populated so i wouldn't worry about finding people. If you can try to get friends together to have a grind out session where you can just learn all the mechanics get use to some simple combos and punishes and then jump on Vs. If you can't cause you solo everything like me :( Then you can start out in training for a while then just jump into lobby I doubt there will be a shortage of players all starting with next to nothing on how to play UNIEL. So it should be a good environment. Overall Lobby after training if you have no offline players is my advice. Rank when you get the hang of basics. 

I was the first one to enter Gamers on opening and the game was sold out.

I guess everyone made reservation.

Anyway I got the game from another store for 5200¥ but I won't be playing until another 9 hours because of work.

Guys c'mon. This is for Q&A. If you just have a comment about the game or want to talk about netplay take it to the threads we have for those

I'm not familiar with the system mechanics in this game, so a lot of this is confusing. How do reverse gatlings and jump cancellable normals work in this game? BB is based on what move, while this feels like its "x amount f times per combo"

You can only do one jump cancel in a combo. You cannot jump cancel a blocked normal.

You can chain standard normals in any order but you can only use them once (if A normals can be canceled to itself, it's counted as one sequence, say 5B 2AA 2B) in a chain.

Third Page, 1st option, Last choice "dummy playback"

You need to set it up in Page 4 tho. That's kinda stupid yes

Is there a way to air block DP or basic ground normal ? :p

Because normal block get stuffed, and shield block get stuffed even harder since it causes guard break x)

Generally you can't air block or shield ground normals. Projectile specials are air blockable, DP(and the like) specials are air unblockable.

The game doesn't want you to jump around. There's a reason there is no double jump for a universal mechanic.

Why the hell is this going to take so long to get localized? there´s not a huge story mode to translate or something like that anyway. :(

I wonder if the online will still be active when the game is released in the west....