Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

Is there a way to change the CPU difficulty? I didn't find anything in the options menu, although I might have missed it.

I'm fairly certain there isn't. You can just charge it in case your opponent is doing something slow that will eventually put them into range of the burst of energy. (Like Waldstein's 4-8A/B)

Quick question about the whole mashing A autocombo thing--how good are the combos you get from it? How comparable is it to, say, P4A's autocombos?

Quick question about the whole mashing A autocombo thing--how good are the combos you get from it? How comparable is it to, say, P4A's autocombos?

is there any benefit to charging up your Veil Off activation?

It's fully invulnerable no matter how long you hold it for, but punishable on block all the same.

I don't think I have seen this asked yet, but can you only do one jump per combo?  I tried doing some of Gordeau's double jump combos and I don't think I can jump twice in the same combo.

I don't think I have seen this asked yet, but can you only do one jump per combo? I tried doing some of Gordeau's double jump combos and I don't think I can jump twice in the same combo.

Greeekiiiiiie teach meh teh Gordeau ways. o 3 o

TBH I've had the same problem too. It might be possible but at the same time there might be a tight window for it.

I don't think I have seen this asked yet, but can you only do one jump per combo?  I tried doing some of Gordeau's double jump combos and I don't think I can jump twice in the same combo.

What double jump combos? The official system mechanics guide video does explicitly state (unless translator got it wrong, I guess) that you can only jump cancel once per combo.

What double jump combos? The official system mechanics guide video does explicitly state (unless translator got it wrong, I guess) that you can only jump cancel once per combo.

There are some characters who can" jump cancel" more than once. Nanase is able to use her force function to do a pseudo jump cancel after she has already used the first one. I'm not sure if Gordeau is one of those characters, though.

There are some characters who can" jump cancel" more than once. Nanase is able to use her force function to do a pseudo jump cancel after she has already used the first one. I'm not sure if Gordeau one of those characters, though.

Oh. Yeah, I guess I can see that. That's more of a "float cancel" isn't it? I bet Vatista and Merkava can do stuff like that too?

If you start a combo with regular jump let's say for Gordeau 623ABC, CS, dash j.B you can jump cancel in the combo. But otherwise it seems you can't jump cancel more then once. Also for Nanase it costs GRD right? I'd probably not spend blocks of grid for a few extra hundreds of dmg..

If you start a combo with regular jump let's say for Gordeau 623ABC, CS, dash j.B you can jump cancel in the combo. But otherwise it seems you can't jump cancel more then once. Also for Nanase it costs GRD right? I'd probably not spend blocks of grid for a few extra hundreds of dmg..

Yes, it costs GRD to to use her float. I tend to use the float to continue pressure after a blockstring (you can cancel normals into it) but rarely do I use it for the extra damage. 

No, you cannot jump cancel (using a regular jump) more than once per combo.

The few exceptions are not actual jump cancels, just other moves that happen to put you in the air. (EG: Chain Shift Hyde's Rekka chain to end up in the air.)

Hello, I should receive my game tomorrow and I have a few questions beforehand:

1°) Is it true that if you use the online then your connection will go through japanese servers, resulting in huge delay ?

2°) Does it have lobbys ?

3°) Is it true that Assault makes all your moves High ? Saw it on the wiki but a friend of mine has the game already and said it was wrong. Could anyone confirm ?

4°) Is there some sort of "Mission" game ? Like in the old Fate/Unlimited Codes there was this funny mode where you had to do various things, like beating 4 opponents without Health recovery etc...

5°) Do you unlock Points for costumes etc only via online play ?

Thanks for the answers !

3) Assault makes all normals highs. All Assault command normals are not highs and can be blocked crouching. All specials moves out of Assault are not highs and can be blocked crouching with the exception of unblockable special moves (ie Eltnum's and Seth's B version air command grabs).

There are four exceptions I found, it seems that Vatista's Assault C (J.C) can be blocked crouching. Chaos and Nanase's Assault J.2C must be blocked high. Seth's Assault J.6C must be blocked high too. Not sure if these are just character specific or bugs.

So are the colored squares exactly the same as Blazblue or do they have any differences?

The squares are the same as in bb.

Also sry if this question has been asked already but Im wondering if it possible to change the theme in the select screen. I can remember reading it somewhere that u are able to change it at least to the chars theme u are fighting against. Its just getting boring after a while when u are in practice mode hearing the theme of ur char all the time.

Does this game not have a frame buffer, or is it just more strict than BB? I'm not entirely use to using dp's period, but its hard for me to do it on wakeup and in obvious gaps in pressure. I don't mind being baited for now, I just want to know I can at least get the move out when I want Dx

From what I've heard, the trick is to do the dp motion when you see the green glow of the tech appear, and press the button once you land to do a frame 1 reversal.

There's a relatively large timing window between inputting the directions and pressing the necessary button, but there seems to be little or no advanced input for the buttons themselves.

A question I've been asking myself lately is, how long is the invulnerability on the ground recovery? It feels like I'm getting my wake-up CS and reversals stuffed way too often, as if I'm getting caught by a proper meatie attack while still in the recovery animation. Then again, it might just be me being new, though some of my friends are having the same problem.