Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

Reduces blockstun, makes it much easier to punish attacks from assault, pushes them away, and builds GRD fast. Costs meter if you use it while you're already blocking though.

What does shielding actually do? Cuz I think I've been mis-using it, and if all it does is reduce blockstun, I'm inclined to believe this is utter crap lol

It reduces blockstun, gives you GRD, takes away GRD from your opponent, and acts like a pushblock.

If you shield wrong though, you get GRD broken, so you can't get vorpal and you lose your D button for a short period of time.

I think my issue at the moment was just getting confused as to screen positioning. I thought I was in a major lacking of GRD after successfully shielding all of Vatista's laser super, but was on the opposite side, so I thougjt I was giving them a ton of GRD -_-

Yeah it definitely can get confusing if you switch sides and aren't sure if you have vorpal or not.

I guess it's just something you have to get used to.

What does shielding actually do? Cuz I think I've been mis-using it, and if all it does is reduce blockstun, I'm inclined to believe this is utter crap lol

Copying and pasting something I posted from the gameplay thread.

If you shield (4D) an air attack, it forces your opponent with a landing recovery so you can punish them with a move fast enough. Also it doesn't allow them to cancel their air move. So if your opponent is jump attack happy just shield and punish for free. Regarding using shield in the air (J.4D) it decreases your blockstun by 6 frames, gives your GRD, increases your character's movement speed, and increases your opponent's recovery. This is pretty much a free punish in the air with any move.

It's like +50. Don't think you can punish it, even with a 5f jab after shielding.

I'm still not sure on the properties of shielding multiple air hits, such as Vatista's j.C or Byakuya's j.2[C]. If you shield the first hit, do they still get the landing recovery? If you shield only the first, can they cancel on into another move after another hit doesn't get shielded? Do you have to shield only the last hit to get a true punish?

Anyone know if you can punish Vatista's Assault C if you shield it? I feel like it's safe even if you shield it.

From what I am hearing from other people is that Vatista's Assault C and J.C ignores Shield stun.

I'm still not sure on the properties of shielding multiple air hits, such as Vatista's j.C or Byakuya's j.2[C]. If you shield the first hit, do they still get the landing recovery? If you shield only the first, can they cancel on into another move after another hit doesn't get shielded? Do you have to shield only the last hit to get a true punish?

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you just need to at least Shield the last hit. Remember though if you start shielding after the multiple hits started you're in blockstun, therefore you'll start using Guard Shield and start losing EXS meter.

This is something you can easily test in training mode though. I'll check it out later today.

Quick question, is there a difference if I buy this on the JP or HK PSN? I just realized that it's cheaper if I download it from the HK PSN. I can still play with the same people online and everything right?

THanks

Silly question but will the whole Aprils' Fool thing they did on 2013 still be considered? I mean, letting aside silly rainbow stuff and game mechanic which honestly seems more a SFxTekken parody.

I'm one of those people who really cares about story. Does anyone know if there's a site that has the translated texts from story mode? Or does anyone know someone who can translate that for us?

In melty blood jump cancel rules only applied for ground normals, I'd expect it to be the same in uniel (but probably doesn't even matter)

iirc Linne, who has a double jump, is unable to jc her jump attacks on block, but is able to on hit.

I think you have to air shield, yes. But I've heard there are some air-to-air attacks that can't be air shielded.

You can't shield ground attacks when you're in the air, though. You'll just get shield broken.

How does the delayed recovery work? Like if I know 100% they're going to do it, is there something I can do about it, besides adjusting oki timing? I tried picking them up off the ground but got nothing (maybe I wasn't using the right move for it)

How does the delayed recovery work? Like if I know 100% they're going to do it, is there something I can do about it, besides adjusting oki timing? I tried picking them up off the ground but got nothing (maybe I wasn't using the right move for it)

You can OTG up to one time only during a combo.

If it's the second hard KD you are doing, they can delay safely and you won't be able to pick them up. But you might find a safe jump setup instead...

If you didn't hard KD, you can otg and deal more damage. But unlike Blazblue, this will never reset into another combo

So does anyone know the reason why when you chain shift with six stocks, you do more damage than when you chain shift with less? It's nothing to do with vorpal since the base damage is higher as well.

Tried off Gordeau with 214A CS 41236D, and 214A CS 5C 236Ax2 2C j.[C] 3C 236Ax3

and Waldstein off 360A CS combo and 214B CS combo.

CS with 6 or more stcks resets some of the proration.

You actually only need 3 stocks for a slight reset in proration, it's not as significant as having 6 though.

Is there anyway to use a chat in a room, like in BCCP? There are several times that I want to write GG or something before leaving, but I couldn't find the chat window in the menu. Only the quick message option.

Question. How does air block work in this game. I know air to air, you can air block. But you cannot air block ground attacks right? So how does Air shielding block works?